SPOILER !! Actor return update

I certainly am not repulsed by the idea of Hope and Rafe together, far from it. I think it could work. Alas, the writers are screwing everything before the storyline gets on the air. I mean, Hope is just terrible. And I feel that, the way she is acting right now, she would be bringing Rafe down. But I am not repulsed. And maybe, just maybe, if the writers get their act together ( can this still happen ?), there is still potential to a Hope and Rafe pairing. As long as Rafe's whole world doesn't revolve only around Hope. Just my opinion.

Let me add an off comment here. I think there is general agreement among the actors, and the suits, that filming so far ahead is detrimental to the show. In an interview, or tweet, I think it was Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) who said that when the one month hiatus is over, he understands there was going to be some sort of change in the filming schedule.

Personally, I think this is why some of the show seem so disjointed or out of sync or something. Changing story direction/intent where they can. I felt that they already deleted a few scenes between Rafe & Hope. In fact there were several scenes that are known to have been excised....a kiss between Rafe & Hope, a conversation wherein Hope asked him how he felt about her returning to the force, if it would bother him. We all are aware Hope was very suddenly "back on the force", with not a word, hint, conversation, etc. It is a bit disconcerting, for sure.

I like that they are good friends...and to tell the truth, though I think it would be a mistake, I could handle a romance between Rafe & Hope better than I am able to handle Brady & Theresa being together. And Deimos with Kate is even worse.

I'm hoping for an Aiden clone as Poirot described AND for Andre having brainwashed Chase. I wasn't that attached to the character, but I HATE that they turned that poor kid into a rapist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless this is an episode of "Scooby Doo", unmasking Andre as Aiden is just ridiculous, even for Days. Then again, they may go with the clone thing again, in which case, it's just another tired rehash.. :beat: I don't know why they're even trying to bring back Aiden. I didn't like "good" Aiden, and I couldn't wait for them to off "bad" Aiden. I say, let the dead horse lie.

Wow, that is strong. "Repulsed". Thank heaven we all don't feel like that. I'm speaking for myself and not others.

What else should I call the level of displeasure for Hope and Rafe that I've seen on social media and message boards. The portrayers themselves have shown very little (if any at all) enthusiasm for this pair. If that doesn't speak volumes that even they know it's a joke, I don't know what would.

While there are those who are perhaps more vehement over the IDEA of Hope & Rafe being paired together, the show really has not shown anything other than a really good friendship between the two. As A Spot Above noted, "speaking for myself and not others".

There are those (including myself) who would not be in favor of pairing those two characters, but would not use the word "repulsed". Me, I might have used it to describe how I felt about the character of Yo Ling, but never did, and still won't.

Actually, I see that, quite often,on Social Media, because they are more or less anonymous, some (and note I said SOME) folks get carried away, and use stronger language than they might when speaking to face to face. And it IS offensive to some, but...to each their own.

I certainly am not repulsed by the idea of Hope and Rafe together, far from it. I think it could work. Alas, the writers are screwing everything before the storyline gets on the air. I mean, Hope is just terrible. And I feel that, the way she is acting right now, she would be bringing Rafe down. But I am not repulsed.

As a longterm Rafe fan, I agree! While I was doubtful in the beginning, given a real chance with better pacing, this could work.

I would not used the word repulsed, that is reserved for the former "golden couple" in my dictionary. Did I like Aiden? No. That is just my opinion. We all have different taste.
On the other hand, I will use the word repulsed for Corday, for thinking we will ever believe/fall for anything he has to say ever again. :wink::beat: May his parents be resting in peace and not spinning.

I read elsewhere, more of that iterview, and if I remember where, I will post it.....but I did read that Cosgrove (Aiden) said that indeed, real aiden was replaced by a clone. According to what I read he said....After the wedding, and the consumation, Aiden came downstairs to go out to the car to get something. That is where the switch/kidnapping happened. When he came back in, it was fake Aiden (yes, via Andre"), and that is who tried to kill Hope, and was killed by Bo.

Ah, here it is...

http://soaphub.com/days-of-our-lives/days-mystery-solved-aiden-returns-dead/

I wonder what Aiden will think of Hope now? She was a horrible mother to his son.

Rafe may back off more if Hope and RealAiden are still legally married. We may end up seeing Hope now pursue Rafe since she's so torn. Sounds like Ciara will easily be able to fall into more trouble without anyone else suspecting or caring to know till to late.

Back