Actress leaving

I love Kate Mansi (Abby) and wish her well. Is was a pleasure getting to meet her a few years ago. I'm going to miss her!!!

I am ok with a recast. I'll be ok if she just leaves for a while, but please don't kill her. With these writers, she could very well end up in a meat grinder. They seem to enjoy killing characters here lately. I'm just hoping and praying for anything but a death.
Somehow I feel that all the killing off of characters is at the direction of Ken Corday. Remember he said when someone dies after September they are dead. I believe this is his way of cleaning house and the writers are just doing his bidding. Just my opinion.

First off, we don't know if Abby is being killed off.

Secondly, for all of Ken Corday's talk, he's barely involved with the show. I don't think he cares what characters are alive or dead. So I doubt the fates of various characters are in his hands.

Maybe Nick will rise from the dead and Abby will kill him, and go to jail for a short while. It can become an annual Salem tradition. LOL
Since films like "Night of the Living Dead" are so popular, every now and then Days could have a zombie episode. Imagine the horror of Salemites if suddenly zombies of EJ, Daniel, Will, Nick, Paige, Serena, Trent, Bart, Bo, etc. come shuffling across the Town Square. And inside the barricaded Pub, the heroic Rafe ralles Nicole, Lucas, John, Victor, Jenny, Abigail, Kate, Jeannie T., Anne, etc., urging them to hold off the undead until Roman and his cops can ride to the rescue. This could also be the occasion for assorted one liners. Jeannie T.: "Kate, some of those zombies dress better than you do"; Victor, "I'd rather have zombies on my doorstep than that tramp Chloe or that idiot Eve Larson"; John: "These zombies are bad news. That's a fact."

Here is a tweet from the actress Kate Mansi (Abby)

katemansi: I’ve kept quiet as long as I could, but since it seems news has leaked, I feel I owe it to you all to set the record straight. Alright… here it is:
After much thought, I’ve decided the timing was right for me to set sail from Salem. I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed every single beautiful and messy moment of being Abigail, and will always treasure our time together. I want to be very clear in saying that this was not a decision I took lightly. It was important for me to see Abigail through the most recent storyline, as well as through the show's historic 50th anniversary celebration. I can confidently say that I poured everything I had into Abigail, especially this last year, and cannot wait for you to see what's coming! I also want to express how very proud I am to have had the privilege of being a part of this incredibly hard-working daytime community for the past five years. I am grateful beyond measure to the DOOL family, which I feel extends beyond our set, to you, the amazing, and unwavering fans. I thank you for all the support and love you've shown Abigail and me.

Oh, and one more thing... STAY TUNED! I PROMISE you, you won't want to miss what's coming!
XO KM

I really wish nothing but the best for her. She is a beautiful & talented actress and I know I will miss her as Abigail. As someone has said above, she truly has made Abigail her own.

I think Abigail will be recasted and I also hope that she will also have that chemistry with Chad.

Perhaps a little trip to Ireland is in Abby's future?? That would take her away for some time and if Kate didn't want to return at that point TPTB could recruit a new Abby to just walk in the door one day, luggage in hand, take off her coat and say "I'm home"!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a spoiler floating around that there is one more death coming. Someone is killed in cold blood it says. Ugh.

Abby no way will be killed off. In my mind she will be recast. This is an important story that will continue with Chad/Abby. Don't forget how powerful Chad will become to stand up to the last of the the DiMera Dynasty. I am hoping Andre gets his and leaves or is put away forever. Stefano, we know is going to die and become a ghost for a short time. Oh please!! Give us a break. ShaSha

Stefano will probably have one big heart attack by some agitated or painful news by Andre. ShaSha

That one is a lot more similar to her SOD interview from last week.

Interesting how Dena and Josh were both involved with this storyline. In SOD, she only mentioned Josh.

Also interesting about the recast. Maybe it's because they had trouble finding the right person.

Back