Actress leaving

About what? Theresa is leaving Salem. The actress confirmed at a fan event that the character does not die (contrary to rumors of Theresa's death).

But Jen Lilley (Theresa) was in the pictures for the 13,000th show celebration. Plus, she's in recent pictures with Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne) and they both have scripts in their hands. So it appears Theresa is back on the show after she leaves Salem (which is later this year).

Same goes for Martha Madison who plays Belle. The character Belle has gone to Hong Kong, with Shawn. But news stories indicate that Brandon Beemer (Shawn) was back filming not too long after the exit......and while we wait longer, Belle will be returning as well. The actress has also been seen on set, pics of her back stage, etc.

Guess there were changes of plans for some exits, and then, perhaps some actors just wanted a break for a while, whatever the reasons.

About what? Theresa is leaving Salem. The actress confirmed at a fan event that the character does not die (contrary to rumors of Theresa's death).

But Jen Lilley (Theresa) was in the pictures for the 13,000th show celebration. Plus, she's in recent pictures with Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne) and they both have scripts in their hands. So it appears Theresa is back on the show after she leaves Salem (which is later this year).

I wonder what they have in store for Anne since Theresa is leaving? I really like Anne so I hope they find a way to use her. Even if it's just for some comic relief!!

I think (my speculation) is Shawn will come back to Salem because they will be worried about Claire (with the terrible trio being in town). Not to mention, her not letting Grandma Marlena know where she is. Belle will finish her task or get it under control and then return.

I really dislike this exit storyline for Jen Lilley (Jeannie T). Everyone in Salem will once again think she's the scum of the earth (other than Victor, Kim and Shane).

I'd have rather seen them fake her death (with everyone close to her in on it).

Have we ever had a pre-faked death on Days? One we knew going in wasn't real? And was long term (not like the un-safe house fiasco a few years back)? The only one in my memory banks is from Law & Order SVU. A character was killed on-camera, and then at the end of the episode, she was revealed to be alive and entering witness protection. Only a few characters knew about it. She did come back years later. I can't recall Days doing that, though. (I'm not including Stefano's 1993/1994 short-term death {because the actor didn't actually leave} nor anything from Melaswen, either!)

I'd also like to see Jeannie T leave that way. I don't care about her and Brady as a couple though, so in my opinion they could have just had a breakup and started shuttling Tate off to LA whenever Brady needed to have time with a new lady.

From the fan event I attended back in June, I got the impression from Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) that her leaving the show was not entirely her decision as has been stated. I think she wanted to stay and do other things as well but couldn't get the flexibility so the show released her. My opinion only but I did meet her in person and hear her take on things. So maybe this exit is the show's odd way of dealing with that.

I think a faked death would have been ok but then it would have also tied down Brady to her. I can't see how they'd do that without telling him. This way she goes out looking like a "heroine" for being so selfless in helping protect her family from Mateo. :rolleyes:

This show seems to have a bad habit of very badly turning villains into heroes.

Back