Actress Mary Tyler Moore has died

giphy.gif

Loved her and the characters she played. (Ohhhh, Rob!)

As I see it, she was right there with Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett as the top three comediennes ever!

My sons and I looked forward to her show every week. I was going to Weight Watchers at the time, and ate a lot of raw cabbage, which my sons liked too.

http://www.heraldanewday.com/Poems05/scrabble.html

I visited with and photographed Ed Asner many years ago. One topic of discussion was "noses," and Ed told me that Mary Tyler Moore had the most perfect nose he had ever seen!

RIP Mary. Her life was marked by her courage fighting diabetes and working for a cure. Late Saturday we watched one of her Mary Tyler Moore shows. She was truly gifted.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the few actors who could move me to tears, laughing. The Chuckles episode comes to mind. I had the joy of showing that to my boys. Before my mother passed, my brother flew her to NYC for a visit. He was able to get tickets to the Rosie O'Donnell show, back when she was America's afternoon sweetheart. Mary Tyler Moore was one of the guests. Everyone in the audience received the COMPLETE set of Mary Tyler Moore shows on VHS. My boys loved the show, and watching them was very heartwarming.

She was one of my mother's favorites. My mom would say "I wish I had been as strong as Mary" and we'd let her know she was as strong.

RIP, Mary, and thank you.

Back