Actress return

When Jason listed a bunch of actors of possible returns that ended up being Orpheus and Xander I was hoping it would be Louise Sorel (Vivian). Glad she is back now.

Vivian is back? What happened to Ivan and Bollywood? Will she be holding any grudges resulting from her last disastrous stay in Salem? And will she do anything to get poor Gus out of jail? After all, it was her careless treatment of him that drove him to crime. As for Victor, he had best make sure that the diabolical sarcophagus has actually been removed from the family mausoleum and that the K-mansion front door gets locked for a change. He'd also better start brushing up on his anti-Vivian snark, which he hasn't been able to use for quite a while.

I for one have always liked Vivian although a little too out there sometimes, and especially the crappy storyline that was written for her last time. BUT I am hopeful that Ron C has a great storyline for her and her return to Salem. Wonder if there'll be a mention of Quinn? How did Quinn leave the show? I cannot recall.
If memory serves, the odious Quinn took up with the infamous Taylor "Tayhag" Walker and left Salem to pursue business interests elsewhere.

The only reason to bring back super-slimy Quinn Hudson would be so that Raines, Hope, Rafe, JJ, and/or Lani could make a solid arrest and D.A. Melinda Trask finally gets a big conviction. This guy was so barf-worthy that even sleazy Dario would be repulsed by him. This is the creep who carried out Kate's plan to turn the hapless Chloe into a hooker. Then, inexplicably, when this pimp opened his stupid spa, solid Salem citizens, such as the Love Doctor, actually patronized the place and treated him like he was some kind of respectable businessman. Quinn belongs in jail. Free Gus, Vargas, and Dr. Baker -- lock up creepy Quinn!

Last edited:
He opened the spa, then sold it to Maggie. Totally worth bringing the actor back for, right?
He opened the spa when he first came to Salem. He had sold it to Maggie before he left Salem with Taylor, Vivian and Ivan. I can't remember why he briefly returned, though.

I remember for a hot minute, the spa was shown often. Remember Brady and Madison doing the deed in a massage room? And Gabi practicing so she could get her massage therapist license and giving Chad a massage, right in the waiting area? I think Melanie and Abby also worked there. I also remember Quinn (I think) teaching self defense lessons or karate in the waiting area, too. We joked that everything took place in that waiting area.

Sorry JS, but that's not right. He opened the spa with money he extorted from EJ when Quinn returned to Salem in November, 2011. He vanished thereafter, and a throwaway line discussed that Maggie had bought the spa.

It was also used as the "let's set up Gabi and Melanie as friends so we can have them betray each other" meeting place for the mid-20s set. I think Quinn taught them karate or something for an episode or two. It was shallow and dumb, LOL.

Here's a link to the summary from November, 2011. Quinn and Taylor left town in September, 2011.
http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/days-of-our-lives-tuesday-11-1-11.16998/

the now-unrelated-to-everyone Vivian back to Salem (not to mention Louise Sorel)...but I am hoping the story is as good as it has to be to justify this!

Well technically John Black is Vivian's nephew. Don't know if the writers will have Vivian refer herself as Aunt Viv to John.

I like Vivian, and especially love Louise Sorel who portrays her. That said, I'm quite surprised by this news. I feel like a short time ago, she left on such bad terms and we were all certain we'd never see her on the Days set again.

Glad that time has healed things enough to see her return. Looking forward to seeing what kind of trouble Vivian can stir up!

She was quite vocal about her feelings on Days after her last departure and said she'd never return. But I guess this new headwriter is a smooth talker who convinced her to give it another try.

Back