SPOILER !! Actress returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us have missed Sami and the show has been dull since her departure. So for all of you that can't wait, just be a bit patient and give a big hip, hip, hoorah!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :love: :love::hug: ShaSha

If the show has seemed dull, it is because of poor writing/story telling, not because any one actor is no longer on the show. Every soap has it's ups and downs, and even have some folks looking fondly at stories in the past that were not well received when originally shown. Characters come and go constantly. Recasts are tried, sometimes they work well, other times ...Nope.

But we all are not carbon copies of each other, so like different things, different stories, different characters.......and vice versa. We dislike, sometimes intensely, what others think are great. (i.e. I am not a fan of Xander, yet others think he is a WOW factor; I have thought some clothes or hairdos to be just terrible, while others have praised them, and have liked some things that have been distasteful to others )

So to use an Abraham Lincoln quote.....you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you cannot please all of the people ALL of the time. :)

SOD has a blind item this week about a recently returned star being open to a longer stay. For those of you who watch other soaps, could this be anyone other than Alison Sweeney (Sami)? Please say yes please say yes.

On Y&R, Marla Adams (Dina Mergeron, mother of Jack, Ashley and Traci Abbott) is returning after decades away from Genoa City. And Beth Maitland (Traci Abbott) was on the other day. Then again, she pops up from time to time to interact with the family.

Also, Corbin Bernsen (Father Todd) was on for Kevin and Chloe's failed wedding.

Since Alison Sweeney (Sami) has not yet returned, (although she might be filming now???) probably refers to a different soap (I hope!) Then again, Xander just returned.

Saw a picture of Ali Sweeney (Sami) holding scripts to air on 10/13 and 10/16. Guessing she returns at the end of a Friday show.

The writers in Hollywood have a strike date set for Monday. Meaning all TV shows including soaps, will be affected. Does anyone know how far in advance shows are written? Meaning how many in the bank there are now? I know broadcast wise we won't notice anything for months but if this is a prolonged strike (I doubt it will but if it does) how would this affect Ali Sweeney's (Sami) return?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Jason47 said they have enough scripts written to last until the end of the year. Can't remember if that meant enough to tape shows until the end of the year, or if there are enough scripts to last until December (meaning taping through to May/2018).

I understand that scripts are written thru Dec. which means they will be able to film into 2018. With Days being so far ahead, it is doubtful they will be affected in any way.

Thanks. One instance where Days filming so far ahead has an advantage. Wonder conversely how the other soaps will be affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back