Aiden

Hope DID get married in November, had her "wedding night" and then the mayhem began.
I guess now it is just ....was it Aiden , thus a valid marriage, or a fake Aiden, which would then invalidate the marriage.????

maruuac, you think too much (like me, I should add), lol. We're probably supposed to forget the real Aiden and Hope had a marriage license. I'm sure there will be an illogical explanation, lol.

ktspirit- I can't help it! This has been a horrible weekend for me! I finally have a break from the hospital. Looking forward to sleeping in since I am not on call, and I am wide awake at 3 am on Saturday and 4 am on Sunday! Watching Days is a guilty pleasure of mine (for gulp..over 50 years) and I am lying awake thinking of this crap. There is no justice.

Aiden is basically responsible for Hope and Ciara's rapes. Yes now in a sense Hope was raped if the man she had sex with was the imposter the night of the wedding and not Aiden. Similar to Sami and Rafe 2 storyline. Also I will say Aiden is responsible for Ciara's rape as Chase would have never went off the deep end had Aiden got everyone in this kind of mess.

Bo and Hope never remarried after their last divorce. The did a "personal vow" thing the day Victor and Maggie were married, but never made it legal. If they did it off screen, I don't remember that they ever mentioned it.
This is correct. Bo and Hope never legally remarried after the Alamanian divorce; just that "personal vow" thing in Victor's living room.

I think that "Aiden's" return is Andre's doing to get revenge on Hope and Rafe since "Aiden" is going to see Andre.

Bo and Hope never remarried however, Hope constantly refers to Bo as her husband just like Jennifer refers to Jack as her late husband. Jack and Jennifer were also divorced when he died. Now they seem to be going down the same path with John and Marlena. What happened to their 1 month pact?

Also, what will happen when Aiden shows up? Will he be referred to as Hope's husband?

I don't know why the show bothers with engagements anymore since we rarely see real weddings. The show can just keep writing in after a while that a couple is married when they really aren't.

Depends if it was the real Aiden who participated in the wedding ceremony and signed the marriage license. (which probably was not recorded at the courthouse after Aiden died that night)
Exactly, if a fake Aiden signed the certificate and participated in a "wedding" ceremony the whole thing is an invalid fraud. If the "real" Aiden signed the certificate and said 'I do" while seriously considering strangling Hope that night, the ceremony is also arguably a fraud because the debt-ridden lawyer had no intention of entering into a "real" marriage -- i.e., living happily for as long as most Salem marriages generally last. In effect, he misrepresented himself. Instead of being a competent attorney who loved Hope, he was an aspiring necktie strangler copycat. To further illustrate the point, hypothetical Salem marriages that could be annulled on the ground of fraud would be: 1) Jade dumps Joey and marries Rory because he just made up a story about winning the Power Ball lottery; 2) Belle dumps Shaggy Phil and takes up with Dario who falsely claims that he's big-shot executive at Titan with a seven-figure salary; and 3) Nanny Megan marries Henderson because he's said that Victor is rewarding him for his years of faithful service by leaving him $10 million in his will

Last edited:
During the wedding night stuff there was a point when Aiden said "I can't do this", they went to commercial and then when they came back he was heading upstairs like he never said anything. Knowing DOOL that is when Andre swapped in the double. So she would have had sex with the real Aiden. Guess we will see. I, for one, am very happy Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is back. I really like him and I liked Aiden and Hope.

Back