SPOILER !! Alert to Salem...Alert to Salem

We are getting some very short time appearances, it seems. Maybe Hope starts having nightmares........Larry, Bo, Aiden....ex loves all supposedly dead????
If that is the case, then I hope a surprise 1 day appearance by Peter Reckell (Bo) is also part of the sequence. His real life wife had tweeted something to the Days music director late last year about using one of her songs for a Bo/Hope sequence. It made no sense at the time as it was after Bo's death but now maybe it does make sense.

Why do you feel Jan would work? Shawn was her Prince and he's leaving.
Because the show likes to regurgitate old storylines as evidenced by the Shawn/Belle/Philip triangle so this would fit in perfectly. It doesn't have to make sense to us, only to TPTB.

I am sorry Jason about the Quinn Redeker (Alex Marshall) being alive question. I meant no harm by it and never saw you posting this as disrespectful.

Last edited by a moderator:
The writers could be bringing back Jan Spears as a way to play for a enemy to Chloe. Chloe should be returning soon and it definitely would be awesome to hear Jan taunt Chloe again in 2016 as "ghoul girl" LOL!

Let alone Victor has a lot of hate for Jan Spears as does Philip though I do see Kate and Jan working together if Philip and Chloe became a item again. Jan could definitely go Team Deimos as Deimos would be impressed she almost killed Victor throwing a radio in his bath tub. I like that scenario if it were to be written like that or similar.

In fact I will take away my guess of Kristen DiMera to now I'll guess Jan Spears. Mainly because she is absolutely the most random of all the ones Jason47 posted whom hasn't been mentioned at all.

I can say that I would enjoy seeing Vivian again. I know the actress swore to never return after her last visit to Salem. Hopefully she changed her mind. She can bring her handsome son with her.

It would also be interesting to see Ernesto return. After the Cruise of Deception he was presumed dead (as was Hope). All the characters that survived his cruise from hell (Victor, Julie, Jennifer, Hope, John-at the time thought he was Roman) would be shocked to see him again. He was an evil villain.

Jan spears would be great to see back. Especially the actress portrayed her the second time around. She was so good at being bad. Honestly would not be interested in re-enactment of her obsession with Shawn Douglas. But if she were a rival of Chloe and/or Nicole, then that could be fun to watch.

I could see Kristen returning. Marlena needs more story. And if bringing back Kristen will mean some good Marlena scenes, I'm excited about that.

Anyone care to summarize who Orpheus was? I can vaguely remember him kidnapping Marlena? But fuzzy about details.

Jan's actress (the second one) was on Dishin Days (Afterbuzz) a couple of weeks ago and said she was keen to come back but she's never been asked.

Xander - please no. One Australian per show, please.

Oi, he's not Australian! I think he's British from memory. We can only take the blame for Fynn.

I kind of would like it if Alex turned up for a bit. I remember him quite well when I would watch watch the show with my mom when I just knee high to a grasshopper. I remember him being not totally heartless and motivated more by old fashioned greed then cruelty like Andre. I know that he spent a lot of time in prison (that's how he was written off) so I don't know if he had any kind of relationship with his late grandson Nick, but either way I don't know if he would be as forgiving as the Hortons have been.

Yes, I'm thinking if Alex were to show up it could possibly be story for Gabi. I mean if the writers aren't going to do it I might as well do it myself, right?

leebee81

Yeah, he's Scottish, not Australian. I think I was thinking how much they look like they could be related. Nothing against Australian accents, I just felt the two actors were similar in appearance and speech. The actor playing Xander never sounded Scottish to me. That would be Sean Connery. Of course Xander probably should sound Greek considering his lineage.

I don't know why they'd want to bring back Jan Spears when Shawn and Belle are leaving the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I know Savannah Wilder is who brought Patch to Days, her sudden appearance may make some sense. Dingo Doctor Fynn is getting real fresh with Kayla lately while Kayla is playing into it, what if Savannah works with Patch's private eye making Kayla absolutely jealous to see Savannah back in town and working with Patch.

Savannah brought Patch to Salem as her thug to do her dirty work for the drug cartel she was operating for Victor, back when Patch was considered a shady character. She became a nicer person after she fell for Chris Kostichuk. I think she would be better to come to town and go after Roman, telling him he looked familiar to her:sarcasm:. Maybe he would finally get his onscreen kiss. (For those who weren't watching back then, Josh Taylor, the actor that plays Roman now, played Chris Kositchek in the 1970s-1980s during the time Savannah was on the show).

A big NO to Kristen returning. I feel that character was played out the last few times she was on. I would actually like them to bring another long lost DiMera on. Renee or Megan could come back from the dead, or Benji's son should come to town and meet his Uncle Chad and cousins Theo and Thomas. But I'd want him to be a good DiMera like Chad, so he doesn't fit this scenario.

I always liked Alex Marshall as to me he was more of a grey character but he was quite a scoundrel.

If they brought Jan Spears on, it should have been now while Shawn is on. Sure, she could work with Chloe, Philip, or Victor, but she needs Shawn as that was always when she seemed so insane.

Aiden clearly died after September of last year, and as you can see, he's alive and well now. Corday's statement holds up about as well as cheap toilet paper.

But as we saw that wasn't Aiden in the casket. Like with anything they can find a way around it.

I can say that I would enjoy seeing Vivian again. I know the actress swore to never return after her last visit to Salem. Hopefully she changed her mind. She can bring her handsome son with her.

It would also be interesting to see Ernesto return. After the Cruise of Deception he was presumed dead (as was Hope). All the characters that survived his cruise from hell (Victor, Julie, Jennifer, Hope, John-at the time thought he was Roman) would be shocked to see him again. He was an evil villain.

Jan spears would be great to see back. Especially the actress portrayed her the second time around. She was so good at being bad. Honestly would not be interested in re-enactment of her obsession with Shawn Douglas. But if she were a rival of Chloe and/or Nicole, then that could be fun to watch.

I could see Kristen returning. Marlena needs more story. And if bringing back Kristen will mean some good Marlena scenes, I'm excited about that.

Anyone care to summarize who Orpheus was? I can vaguely remember him kidnapping Marlena? But fuzzy about details.

I give little creedence to things people say 5 years ago. Not saying Louise Sorel (Vivian) would return but would not solely take that statement as reason to say she won't

While I would tend to agree with you about Sorel, (Vivian) I know she was not happy over the way Vivian was written out earlier, and eventually, she decided to move to NY....so had just done so, just sold her home, moved her things, etc. and Days called. I think they were talking a longer term, so it did cost her, paying expenses for her NY digs, plus renting a place in L.A. Whatever the circumstances, her time on Days that go round was not for the extended time period that had her agree to come back to L.A. so she was really ticked off.
But....time has passed. She might have agreed to a very short term visit.?????

But as we saw that wasn't Aiden in the casket. Like with anything they can find a way around it.
Right, but the character died. We saw him dead and buried. The actor was let go from the show. Then the writers changed their minds and brought him back. Hence, a lookalike.

So, Corday's statement of "the dead shall remain dead" was a bunch of hooey.

I'm just glad we are getting past characters that haven't been mentioned in ages as opposed to newly written characters. And in truth as we seen with Eve sometimes after so much time has passed an old favorite sometimes ends up becoming a new character in ways.

Ah, but as CTDays noted, it turns out that it was not Aiden who died, but a lookalike. So Corday can honestly say he did not lie. LOL :rolleyes: The lookalike has stayed dead!!

Oh, sure, the writers fudged, changed their minds, made up a plausible excuse. At least it was plausible, not like when 10 characters, main ones, were killed off........and the suits said, NO WAY, don't care how, bring them back! And so, we got Melaswen, and the most implausible "mass hypnotism of Salem" excuse.........Definitely a Gibbs slap for that one..:whack:

Back