Am not liking......

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, we have a thread listing things we really are liking......and I will say that the present writing team has given us some good stuff, perhaps not in the way we might have wanted, but have handled a lot of bad things the best way possible.

However.........not all is good ...so...

I am not liking the absence of Lucas in so much story. His sister was in a terrible auto accident, he is not there?? Not called, neither was Abby.
Want Ava gone, she can go on a cruise with Andre'. LOL
Not liking Belle, being around town, a lost soul. If she is an attorney, get her into an office, a firm, etc.
Not liking workaholic Philip.......it is not him.
Not liking the attitude of Marlena in this crisis. John has come to see Eric several times.......she has not visited Brady once.....at least so far.
I really am not liking Maggie carrying on about Daniel, him being her son. She did not give birth, did not raise him. I truly am sorry, but there are thousands of women who donate eggs, and thousands of men who donate sperm.......both to help those unable to conceive on their own. Maggie has children she raised, but ignores. It just bugs me.

I certainly agree with all said here and not happy about how the individual storylines are going. Time for the clouds over Salem to break and go away for a while. ShaSha

I am not liking...

Lucas being a ghost...and generally the focus not being on Hortons
André's inexplicable return
Belle flitting about town like a Jr Sami
The fact that Will, a member of both core families, is dead and forgotten
Maggie's grief over Daniel without a single mention of her actual children (Sarah and Melissa)
Hope's revenge and irresponsible parenting
Teen Ciara
Rafe pining for Hope
Grafting Lani to Abe and we still don't see Abe
Paul's invisibility
Lack of focus on Eric's descent into the bottle
Worth repeating: Maggie lamenting the time she "lost" with Daniel, rather than celebrating the life she gave to his actual parents
Hope not shooting Stefano a lot sooner, and in the head

I felt this merited its own post.

I did NOT like how the last writers handled Bo's exit. But I really don't like how the current ones handled his return (the torture, the ridiculous trip home, and then dead in 24 hours).
I did not like that Aiden was tossed under the bus.
I did not like that Ben was revealed as the serial killer and his victims were Paige and Serena.
I do not like that these writers seem to be enacting a personal grudge against the previous writers.

I do not like how Maggie has totally forgot about her other children and like Jason mentioned about the time lost! His parents were good people, too I assume!

Also do not like how Will is just forgotten.

Hope - ugh just don't like her forgetting her family, too.

It BUGS me that Maggie's other children NEVER met Daniel. They will never have face to face interaction or anything! Serena (Melissa Archer) should have been Sarah Horton, period!

Speaking of siblings, I HATE that we have been cheated of Belle and Paul meeting each other as siblings! Paul hardly exists in Salem anymore. He should go see Brady! Maybe Dario will change that (winks).

Marlena and John hardly showed any grandparenty love and wisdom to Claire yet, she just kind of seems like a extra that Eve will help prop before her exit.

Ciara I would like to be written as a lesbian actually. She's not as prissy as Claire is. I can kind of get that sort of butchy vibe from her and would make sense why she pushed away from Chase other than the fact that's her step-brother.

I felt this merited its own post.

I did NOT like how the last writers handled Bo's exit. But I really don't like how the current ones handled his return (the torture, the ridiculous trip home, and then dead in 24 hours).
I did not like that Aiden was tossed under the bus.
I did not like that Ben was revealed as the serial killer and his victims were Paige and Serena.
I do not like that these writers seem to be enacting a personal grudge against the previous writers.

THIS!!!! Completely agree!

The entire serial killer storyline was laughable from beginning to end. Where is the payoff for victim's families?
I do not like Rafe and Hope as anything more than friends. I would take a recast Sami with Rafe over this.
I do not like the blatant favoritism of some characters and not others. It shouldn't take a month to see Eric Brady.
Pacing Pacing Pacing
Editing Editing Editing
Lack of family interactions. Why hasn't Steve had scenes with Adrienne, JJ or Abby? Why wasn't Marlena out of her mind with worry about both Brady and Eric? Etc.
The focus on Daniel and Nicole instead of Eric and Nicole
Belle and Shawn divorcing because Jason Cook(Shawn) was unavailable long term
Belle cheating again
Belle and Shawn not having more children offscreen. They really should have.
The entire Hope storyline
The accident storyline being a way to vilify Eric and prop Daniel
Brady and Jeannie T as a couple

The cast is so over-stuffed right now, there are just too many characters running around and not enough air time to fit them all in. Worse, it sounds like the show can't afford all these actors, so the exits of veteran performers is likely to be significant in the coming months.

Many fans not happy right now, ratings back down to where they were before the small increase they had for the 50th anniv shows.

Those that tuned in that caused a ratings increase, didn't stay around for long.

The cast is so over-stuffed right now, there are just too many characters running around and not enough air time to fit them all in. Worse, it sounds like the show can't afford all these actors, so the exits of veteran performers is likely to be significant in the coming months.

I disagree. I think the issue is pacing and balance. These writers get stuck on 2-3 storylines and that becomes their sole focus. So we then see the same characters everyday of the week while it takes days or even weeks to see other characters. If they outlined clear A, B And C storylines at every point in time and air plan for each, then we'd get to see the full cast utilized more often.

Lots of good points here.
I too don't like the lack of introductions of Paul.

I don't like that Brady got Dan's heart, which will probably be disregarded like Johnny's eye, but better him than Eric; sorry.

I don't like how they didn't know what to do with Eric and totally messed up the character.

Belle Belle Belle. What the heck?! This is character assassination....AGAIN! She is on the Sami 2.0 path already.

I thought the bicentennial was a letdown. I was hoping for surprise guests , some one sided phone calls like "oh Carrie, it's so great to hear from you and Austin, thanks for calling", lots of "do you remember when" and a lot lot lot more flash backs of a big assortment of past loved characters.

Last edited:
Some excellent points made in this thread. I've said it numerous times and I'll say it again here but I think the number one problem with this show is the taping schedule. It's out of control and it's like a domino effect with so many aspects of the show. Not only are shows taped at record pace but it's becoming apparent that the story outline and scripts are written at the same pace as well which leads to choppy story that doesn't hit all the necessary beats for a good flow to the storyline. Add in the poor editing and it's a setup for complete disaster. If this show really wants to last much longer they need to fix their schedule. I'm sorry, but the other 3 soaps do not do what Days does and while they may have larger budgets I can't imagine they're so much bigger that it becomes necessary for Days' taping schedule to be that much further ahead. Give me a break!

Back