Am not liking......

Rafe and Hope. I just don't know how to even put into words how much this pairing almost repulses me. It's out of character, in my opinion, for both of them. And while I really like both actors individually, I can't even find a spark of chemistry between them on a romantic front.

While I, like others, felt that storylines moved too slowly in the past regime, I am feeling the opposite on some (or most) of the stories at this time. It sometimes feels almost "tabloid TV" to me. I think there must be a balance between instant information / gratification and true storyline development that can be struck to please the masses. But, then again, I'm not a script writer, either!

I really hate the way that some characters are getting focus every week while others like Paul, Eve, Eric just disappear for weeks before popping up once in a while.

No focus on Will until his death, and now he has all but been forgotten except for Lucas and Marlena, and Lucas is barely seen on screen.

Dan's death affecting more people than Bo's. I had hoped that Dan being regarded as the greatest gift to humanity had all but been forgotten with this writing regime since he disappeared until just before his death, but all the wailing and mourning this past week has shown that everyone still had high regards for him :angry:.

The change in Rafe's character from being on the ball in the Necktie Killer storyline, to just letting it go and only focusing on Hope's problems after Bo's death.

No resolution for the victims' families after Ben was revealed as the Necktie Killer. The story just fizzled out.

No introduction scene between Belle and Paul.

Too much death and destruction. It's time to let characters just leave town instead of killing them off.

Making Stefano's death about Hope's vengeance only. This should have been a large umbrella story and involved John, Marlena, Roman, and Steve as well as Hope.

I suppose I can understand focusing on the actors who are leaving--to wrap up their storylines. But it all seems so unbalanced. Too much of some and not enough of others. No enough interaction for all the cast.

Thank God, it looks like Hope is back to normal and what Rafe is doing is so wrong. Don't we do "temporary insanity" anymore? Don't like Belle, never did. Ava and Andre--ick to both. Bo used to call people slime-bags, which defines the aforementioned. Oh well, I suppose we could save ourselves a lot of misery and quit watching!!! Oh, the teens are not very good.

PS: When they tape so far ahead, they can't revise anything that looks like it isn't working. If THEY watched it with a shorter taping schedule, they might see their mistakes, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, Tami, true words. I have read various actors' comments, where they are seeing their own scenes for the first time, the same time we are.
Makes you wonder about the producer, director, etc. The network & show continually send out spoilers that are wrong, or don't happen; pictures of scenes that no one ever sees.
So it is apparent that there must be things changed, cut, moved around, late in the game.

I'm not terribly happy about anything going on right now.

I hate that Daniel died, though I'm sure it was the actor's choice, but I'd rather he just have been written out. Way too many deaths lately, it's like these writers have forgotten there are other ways to get rid of characters.

I hate the way Stefano died. I hate this Hope bologna. It does not interest me in the slightest, I don't even care how good her acting is. I hate that Rafe is involved, I feel like they're going to push some romantic crap and I don't want to see that. But back to Stefano- he's hurt so many people besides Hope. This story in particular should have involved half of Salem, not just Hope. Where are John and Marlena?

I hate that they've completely trashed Eric. While I didn't like him as a priest, I definitely don't like him as a binge drinker. He's always had better sense than that.

I hate Andre. I love, love, love Thaao Penghliis (Andre) but I despise this character. I hate this brainwashing Chad crap. I didn't mind so much when Andre was strutting around Salem making not-so-veiled threats, I didn't really mind the situation with Aiden, but it's just gotten ridiculous.

I don't like how underutilized so much of the cast is. It seems like every time I tune in, I see Hope/Rafe, Dimeras, teens and some random filler. Where is Lucas, why has he not been to see his sister? Or his great-nephew? He sure could fly to Jen's side when she was having issues with Daniel, but she's been in an accident and he's nowhere to be found?

I guess the differences in contract between recurring status & contract status has been glaring with the differences of on-screen time. I don't have a huge problem with Rafe & Hope romantically but 1) he just got back on the force and was going to play it by the book and 2) I really wanted him with children of his own, not these almost all adults of hers. I guess Rafe likes older women also ie: Kate.

I also am missing some fun & lightheartedness, people like Calliope & Eugene.

I'm not liking Ava this go around. I liked her when she left, but now her story is stupid. Couldn't they do the same story with someone else Steve had been with to be more convincing?

I don't like that Hope's story, in my opinion, seems to mirror GH story aka police women who "kill" an enemy only for them not to really be dead (in GH case) then they leave or are fired from their job. It just seems like all the soap writers attend the same conference and run with the same idea with minor variations.

You know, after these writers, I'm starting to miss Gary Tomlin (writer).

That's right. I said it.

Anyway, I do not like:
-No intro between Paul and Belle
-Killing off Will, Bo, and Daniel
-Will being forgotten about (and Bo)
-Caroline ONLY having visions of Bo and Victor
-Belle's character assassination
-No payoff for the serial killer storyline
-Justin's behavior
-Hope and Rafe being more than friends
-Hardly any Paul, Lucas, and Adrienne

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone that loved her husband since a teen, Hope has hardly cried over the loss of Bo! Yet Nicole who really only loved Dan just a little while is devastated! While I love the job she is doing, I wonder why the writers didn't go this route with Hope? Get Daniel 's funeral over already and let's move on!!

Well I think Hope's issue is she is not at all there, teetering on going bonkers.

Back