SPOILER !! Another actor leaving

Wow. I wasn't all that fond of Philip but that was the horrible writing not this actor. But we should be seeing him until Christmas because aren't they filming December/January now? Or have they slowed production so that they are only filming Thanksgiving?

Last edited by a moderator:
He is barely on as it is and I forget that Philip is back. There is so much his character could be involved and is just another example, in my opinion how Days revitalizes past characters or bring back vets only to not gave properly planned out how to integrate them into storyline.

Thanks for posting.

I saw a rumor this morning about that, but I wasn't going to post since it's an unreliable site.

Last edited:
I saw a rumor this morning about that, but I wasn't going to post since it's an unreliable site.

SOD also posted that he is leaving so that is reputable enough for me. http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/john-paul-lavoisier-out-at-days/

That said I too am VERY annoyed. With Belle, Shawn, Jeannie T all out and the fact that we rarely see Gabi and JJ, where is the younger crowd on this show? I don't like Chloe mixing with Deimos and the older crowd either. If the rumor is true about Jay Kenneth Johnson (ex-Philip) returning, I really hope the show wisened up and re-signed Belle and Shawn to long term contracts too.

That wasn't the site either

Last edited:
I can't say I'm surprised by this news. Philip hasn't had much story since returning to Salem and once they moved away from a re-pairing with Belle he's been nearly non-existent.

As to the RUMORS that Jay K Johnson (ex-Philip) is returning, I'll believe it when I see it. From what I understand he has basically been out of acting for quite sometime and has been approached by the show on previous occasions to return and has declined. Why would he come back now?

IF they get original Philip, I hope they rewrite Parker being Dr. Saint's kid and put it back to him being Philip's kid like it should be (in my opinion).

Last edited by a moderator:
This actor has not wow'ed me with his scenes, but that is the writers fault, not his. In my opinion, he was never given much of a storyline. He should have had a bigger role with Victor, Kate, and Deimos instead of being sidelined.

I had such high hopes last fall when it seemed like the show was turning around from bad mistakes from the past. Now it seems like it just gets worse. They are firing the actors in the age range the show desperately needs (Shawn, Belle, now Philip) and they are legacy characters as well. This should not have happened especially since Kate Mansi (Abby) and Jen Lilley (Theresa) decided to leave the show, leaving Gabi, Chloe, Chad, Paul, JJ (and Sonny coming back) as the only cast members in the 20 to 30 something age range until November when the new girl playing Abby comes on.

I couldn't stand the character's return as written like a sex starved horny toad.

Never knew the actor before this, and I still have no idea what he could do with good writing. Seems that's the way it is with the majority of new actors and actresses that Days has brought on. They lure them (and us) in, then hand them a bunch of junk that they're supposed to try to turn into "must see tv".

Back