SPOILER !! Another actor leaving

I read that Philip and Chloe will both be gone by Christmas. Why bother to bring her back at all then?

On a different spoiler website. I should've clarified that, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nadia Bjorlin, who plays Chloe, was pregnant, so will be on the show for a while, then takes maternity leave. (in real life, that is when she had her baby, which was early May). She returned to the show when the leave was over.

And in reply to RS, guess there was a typo, as I understand Marci Miller will be playing Abby DiMera, and is supposed to be arriving back in Salem in November.

Most of that info is here on this board in the various spoiler threads in the Crystal Ball.

The actor playing Philip has been let go, and while the actors portraying Shawn D. & Belle, were also let go a few weeks ago, Brandon Beemer (Shawn) was brought back. So it would appear unless the show decides to being Martha Madison (Belle) back, she will be departing Salem first, a few weeks later it will be Philip. In the near future, both Summer and Fynn will also be leaving Salem.
And, by the way, Jen Lilley, who plays Theresa, and decided to leave the show, has stated that the return of Shane & Kim (Theresa's parents) have NOTHING to do with Theresa's departure.)

Last edited:
Abi, for Abigail DiMera. That's how lot are spelling Abby now days. It's different :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Except that's not how the show spells it.

4c666dd320ccec818de814641abdb2b0.jpg

Last edited:
Kate Mansi (Abigail) has spelled it as Abi in her tweets so it tends to get a lot of viewers in a tizzy. Not sure if she is serious or just fooling around.

I also would take anything DaysCafe says with a huge grain of salt.

Thanks for posting link.

I agree with Heather about this site for spoilers.

When it comes to spelling character names you (or at least me) can't win. It's changed or you are used to spelling it a certain way and flub it and/or some names have multiple ways of spelling. Kind of frustrating to have to go look on the cast list just to be sure of the spelling in order to post something.

I agree. These are just characters, not real people who could get offended at one of us spelling their name differently :)

The thing is, the show spells the name, that is how it goes. It is not how you want to spell it, or how the actor may want to spell it.
When I used to write the summaries on Early Edition, the first time I had to write Stefano....I spelled it Stephano, and got called on the carpet and corrected.And then there was Philip Kiriakis, which I spelled with two Ls, and got told it was just ONE L.
Shawn Douglas, is not spelled Sean. And Abby is not Abi.

The show names their characters, Not us. Not Twitter, Not actors. Same goes for any show. And I guarantee you, people ARE offended when you try and change the spelling of a character's name.

Let's just say that it is polite and a courtesy to spell a name correctly. However, it is understandable that sometimes, one doesn't know the correct spelling. However, it is a discourtesy when one DOES, and purposely chooses to use a different spelling.

Back