Another actress return

I wonder if this is a way to exploit a new war between Kate DiMerra and Vivian Alamain? If Tyler Christopher is playing an Alamain, what better way to start that war if something romantically brews between Billie and his character? I know there is a 10 year age difference between the actors but when has that ever stopped a soap?

I don't get it. Yet another character in that 50+ age range. What on Earth will they do with her? The show doesn't need Billie to reintroduce Chelsea to the canvas and I can't picture her with any of the available men in Salem either. Plus I don't need more air time for Kate.

Just no to this!

I like Billie - she's one of my Top 5 favourite characters of all time, no question, I'll take her.

That said, the character has had some disappointing returns so I hope there's story for her. And I'll second Heather's notion that there's not a lot of spread in the age ranges for story - but I like Ron C's structure so I have hope that there's a purpose to this return.

I liked Billie Reed in her first run 1992-1995 but her returns after that weren't good in my opinion. She had great chemistry with the actor Robert Kelker Kelly (who played Bo) and did her best work when she was raped and drugged by her father Curtis Brown. It would be somewhat interesting if she returned with her grown up daughter Chelsea. Maybe she can return with her real life husband Harry Hamlin, and he could play her new husband on Days.

Is her return for a short arc or will it be longer? If it is a short arc, I'm fine with that, but otherwise, I agree with Heather about what her purpose on the show will be. We already have a lot of women in this age range on the show and a lot of them like Jennifer don't have enough story as it is.

The show really needs women in the 30s to early 40s age range. As I have said before, once Nicole leaves, we will only have Chloe onscreen with Belle returning short term, and it doesn't look like they have any plans for Chloe based on the Fall Preview. Unless Billie is reintroducing Chelsea onscreen, I don't really see the purpose of her character at this time.

Back