Another reason to hate Jenn Stinkweed Horton

SarahBeth

Reaction score
I can't even begin to say how rotten her hiding Abby from Chad is. This is the same hag that accused Chad of keeping Abby in hiding when she escaped the loony hospital. The same hag that tried to take custody of Chad's son, even when she went off and doped it up.

She has done some really ugly things to Chad because of his last name while hiding behind hers as some beacon of goodness. And now I am going to begin to hate Abby as well. Then there's JJ who is going to deserve losing Gabi to Chad if he goes along with this stupid charade. Jenn and her spawn are rotten.

Yeah, really. "OMG, YOU'RE HIDING MY DAUGHTER, AREN'T YOU?! Now excuse me while I hide my daughter from you."

I don't think Jennifer should be the one to tell Chad. As far as I know, Abigail is in possession of her mental faculties, and is an adult who should be able to make her own decisions. Jennifer might rat her out to Chad and have to bear Abigail's wrath. I would do the same thing Jennifer is doing, if my child asked me such a thing. Of course, Abigail isn't doing the wise thing, but there's "DA PLOT!" to consider.

I'm finding this whole hiding-Abigail-in-the-attic thing a little creepy. Send JJ up there and you could potentially have a "Flowers in the Attic" thing (VC Andrews novel about children in the attic, for those not in the know).

I would have to agree. Abby has made the decision to avoid Chad, jumping to an inaccurate conclusion because she saw Chad talking to a woman. Abby is skittish, & as Laura has pointed out, can be easily spooked into running away again.

I do not know what Abby is afraid of, or why she continues to insist that chad & Thomas are better off thinking she is dead. That is not true. Evidently she has to regain some self esteem.....But each day she continues to hide is going to make it that much worse when Chad learns she has been hiding from him. She tried hiding from craxy Ben, who ended up making her a prisoner, taking the baby, and setting the place on fire. Chad rescued them both. He helped, has always helped. Why is she so afraid.

I do think Chad will be upset with Jennifer, and with JJ for keeping the secret, but I think he will be understanding of the the fact they feared she would run off, and they are her mother & brother. Frankly, it is a mess........and enough already.

I know it's the way of the soaps, but I'm getting very, very tired of this paranoid Abby. It's going to make it a lot harder to ever like her sometime in the future. I find myself wishing that JJ would tell Chad just to het him out of Gabi's radar. I like Jennifer better than I have in a long time. I can understand her agreeing to anything that keeps her daughter from taking off again. And I'm glad that she and Chad get along now.

I thought it was ironic that Jennifer was so angry with her mother for hiding Abby from her when she is also hiding Abby from someone (Chad and the rest of Salem). I understand it, but at the same time, I wanted to say: "Pot, meet kettle!"

Goodness, I hope Abby will reveal herself soon. I am sure that Chad will be upset at Jennifer and JJ, and that would be frustratingly predictable. I've been surprised before, though. I just hope the JJ/Gabi/Chad/Abby "quadrangle' resolves soon without Chad and Gabi doing anything to muck things up. i really dislike triangles simply to induce drama. If they didn't use triangles to frequently, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal, but it really is used entirely too much.

Echo the "enough already". I don't blame Jennifer or hate her for trying to keep her daughter from bolting again. She is doing her best to convince her to reveal herself to Chad, but only agreeing to having her in the attic so she knows where she is, and that she is alright.

I am really torn her not telling Chad. In my mind, I see her taking Chad up to the attic, and Abby & Chad are face to face. Both actors are so great, the scene would be "can't miss".

But, all these writers are doing is having Jen plead with Abby to tell her husband, over and over, and then have Abby say no over and over, then say o.k., I will, and back out at last minute, over and over. That got old quickly.

Abby is driving me nuts too. At this point, not sure I care if she reveals herself to Chad.

Well, I for one do not care anymore if Abigail reveals herself. In fact, I now hope she doesn't. I want her to take off again, never to come back. Sorry, but the writers, once again, completely ruined this come back of a once loved character. They ruined the love that Abby and Chad once shared. They apparently didn't want to go the route of "the role of Abigail is now being played by..." and wanted to add some kind of drama, but surprise, surprise :sarcasm:, they completely missed the mark. Again, this is what happens when you create cheap drama, with no thoughts, no plans, no nothing, about where you want a story to go. Unless it's in the ditch, of course, in which case, bravo writers, great job ! :rolleyes:

Oops ! Sorry, I went off topic. To get back to it, I think Jennifer is making a huge mistake, hiding Abigail in the attic. And for her to hide the fact that Abby is still alive, nope, doesn't work for me. I get that she's afraid Abby will run off again. But then, call for help, call someone, anyone, Marlena, another therapist. But this is is beyond ridiculous. Jennifer could get a court order so she has the right to make all the decisions regarding her grown up daughter, as Abigail can't do it herself (I'm sorry, I don't remember what that is called in English... hope someone knows what I'm talking about), anything but this creepy hiding out in the attic stuff.

And by the way, enough with the sleeves over the hands and make up free fragile Abigail. Again, if she's like that, the girl needs to be institutionalized again.

Last edited:
The sleeves I can't take the frickin sleeves!!! @TheWriter I completely agree!!!

The question is, is she cured or not? I thought she was supposed to be better. I don't see it.

I'm annoyed by this Abby. Not that the actress isn't doing great but come on already, Abby has more strength and depth than what they have written for her.

Ok I feel so much better!

Did I mention the dumb sleeves? Get a manicure and show your hands!!

Ok now I'm done.:hug:Thanks for letting me vent!!! I love this site!!:love:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am laughing here, as I put on a pullover sweater this a.m. , with the really long sleeves, and I automatically turn them over. (in other words, I cuff them) For heaven's sakes, one cannot even pick up a spoon if the sleeves cover the hands! If she is cold, wear gloves....but better yet, get out of that attic and down into regular living space.

:OT:, Some shirts now have "thumb holes" in the long sleeves.

il_340x270.617027565_lcpk.jpg

I am really torn her not telling Chad. In my mind, I see her taking Chad up to the attic, and Abby & Chad are face to face. Both actors are so great, the scene would be "can't miss".
That's the problem. It's a can't miss scene so the writers are hanging onto it like grim death -- putting off the day when they spring it on the viewers, and hoping that it will heighten the drama. Instead, when it does happen, the reaction of the viewers is more likely to be "who cares."
Stupid look, if you ask me, but then, no one did. Want to see that person washing dishes, mixing meatloaf, eating an ice cream cone, or a taco, and the list goes on.
This would make for a good scene:
Jenny: "Abigail, dear, here's a nice gordita nacho cheese from the Salem Taco Bell. It will cheer you up."

Abigail: "Oh, yuck, Mom, you know that I'll get the cheese sauce on my sleeves!"

Abigail still seems a tad unstable to me. Honestly I keep waiting, and hate to say almost hoping, she's gonna have a Ben sighting. She needs to get back to her life. All this lying and hiding cannot be good for her mental health which was iffy in the first place.

Back