SPOILER !! Another returning Salemite?

Does not look like Freddie Smith/Sonny at all to me. The other guy you can see, also does not look familiar, so I would say they are all workers and not actors.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other guy (off to the left, in the black shirt) appears to be Theo. And standing next to him (in the white shirt) might be the kid playing Joey.

Days-of-Our-Lives-4-702x336.jpg

Oh, I think that is totally Sonny in the background. Mr. Irizarry can try to walk that one back all he wants. LOL. He tried to say it's some prop guy who happens to look just like Freddie Smith. :rotfl:Um, no, that's Freddie and he has a script in his hand, not some random prop. I wonder when we will get an official announcement. Of course this is all my opinion. I haven't seen anything verified from the show.:)

The problem now is no one wants to say it is him, because Mr Irizarry (Deimos) posted the other comments later.

Last edited:
I thought Vincent Irrizarry (Deimos) said it was a stagehand who resembled Freddie Smith (Sonny)?

Yes, that is exactly what he said. And if you look a the pic, you can tell it is not Freddie Smith/Sonny.

And Jen Lilley (Theresa) tweeted that she was just visiting her friend Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) when she was reported to have joined the show and Guy Wilson (Will) tweeted that he wasn't going anywhere months after he had left the show, so...

Also, when I look at the pic, I can absolutely say that it's Freddie Smith (Sonny).

edited to add characters' names (and actor's last name); please remember that not everyone knows the actors' real names - JS

Moved all of these posts into one thread since they all deal with the "POSSIBLE" return of Sonny.

Well on Jason47's Facebook page he stated one source confirmed it is Freddie Smith (Sonny).
I looked at Jason's Facebook page and he doesn't confirm this. He only states that another website claims it is Freddie Smith (Sonny). But it is not an official confirmation.

Oh, I would absolutely love to have Sonny back. Just like I would love to have Jack back. And yes, both of them, rather than Ava or Andre'.Freddie Smith left on his own , it was his decision, he had a few projects he wanted to do.

We can want a lot, doesn't mean the show will agree. The thing is, actors on contract have to be paid whether they are working or not, and usually are guaranteed x number of appearances a week, maybe 1-3. Well, Paul has been on contract, and very unused, no story per se, thus "model".

I really like the character, and the actor, but he was brought on under the previous team of writers, and the new team evidently could not come up with story for him.

That said, I think Freddie Smith (Sonny) felt that since Will was going to be killed off, it would be a good time for him to leave and do whatever it was he wanted to do. But I also feel that Sonny would not just have upped and left Arianna like that.

Well on Jason47's Facebook page he stated one source confirmed it is Freddie Smith (Sonny).
I looked at Jason's Facebook page and he doesn't confirm this. He only states that another website claims it is Freddie Smith (Sonny). But it is not an official confirmation.

Yes correct. Edited to say as I meant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it can't be Sonny, the shirt isn't hideous enough. :wink:

But then, again it could be Freddie Smith (Sonny) just not in "costume". He might have better taste in shirts.

So I'll vote, I hope so, I liked Sonny.

That said, I think Freddie Smith (Sonny) felt that since Will was going to be killed off, it would be a good time for him to leave and do whatever it was he wanted to do. But I also feel that Sonny would not just have upped and left Arianna like that.

Except that Freddie Smith (Sonny) said in his interview with Aftebuzz that Guy Wilson (Will) contacted him after he left and that's how he found out that Will was going to be killed.

For what it's worth (meaning I have no idea how accurate that site is), Days Cafe has had posted for some time that Paul has a shocking hook up coming, so heck maybe its is Sonny.

Last edited:
Except that Freddie Smith (Sonny) said in his interview with Aftebuzz that Guy Wilson (Will) contacted him after he left and that's how he found out that Will was going to be killed.

Really? Because he was still filming regularly until after the funeral.

Back