Any Blacklist viewers here?

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any Blacklist viewers here who were surprised at the season finale twist?

I really thought the show might have an interesting future till the ending. Not wanting to spoil if you haven't had a chance to see it.

Oh, my gosh, I am a regular viewer, have been really upset they when Elizabeth died, and the jaw dropped at this episode.

That was me too, Poirot. I thought, wow, how will the mother ship continue next year? Then the episodes of revenge were really pretty good. But then, the end, and Tom. I wonder what will become of Mr. Kaplan now? I liked her.

Gotta say, I thought perhaps the show going to be cancelled, after Elizabeth was gone, and Reddington went into revenge mode.

They had just that to Castle....(I still think it was a terrible ending for Castle) as that show was cancelled or......shall we be polite and say "ended their run".

I think BlackList is exciting, and rather different , have watched since First episode. James Spader is such a good actor!!

I did not read anything about that. I know he was trying so hard to protect baby Agnes, as it appeared someone was out to get her. Take her??? This was right after Elizabeth died.

Yes, Tom is getting his own show, Blacklist: Redemption. And how that works out, I have no idea.Tom and the character Scottie will be on the spin-off. I love James Spader, which is what brought me to the show. Liz was not one of my favorites. I would like baby Agnes to make it out alive.

I think she may not be dead. To have her actually die with all the questions unanswered would be very unsatisfying.

I said from the beginning Liz wouldn't die. The actress was pregnant in real life so my soap brain kicked in and assumed she went on maternity leave :rotfl: Husband argues otherwise, said he's read confirmation she left to focus on her baby, but it makes no sense for the show to take away the focus of the series, which is Liz's connection to Reddington.

Tom and Scottie are going to be the focus of the spin-off, but it will also tie in to The Blacklist. The shows will often do crossover storylines like Chicago Med/Fire/PD. I caught an interview with the actors who play Tom & Scottie on The Today Show last week.

Love, Love, LOVE The Blacklist. Been a fan of James Spader for years.

I didn't know what was going to happen until I read that the actress (Megan Boone?) was pregnant in real life, so I knew they'd have to plan around and "gap" the episodes to shoot around it. What I didn't know is exactly how they'd write her back in (the writers of Days could take a hint or two). It was handled very well, as I wasn't expecting her back until next season at the earliest.

Now, about the only thing I don't know yet is what is the REAL relationship between Reddington and Liz. Father/Daughter I'm still thinking. I know what the last episode said, but who knows? Really? Better plot twists than Days. :)

Wayne

No matter what; I knew Elizabeth couldn't be dead. The show was picked up for another season and there was nothing said about Megan Boone, leaving, so you knew she wasn't dead. It was only a matter of "who" faked her death, not "if".

I could't figure out what they would do without Liz but I have to give them kudos, they did a great job of making it convincing. Although the whole secrecy thing in the ambulance, don't take her to the morgue, yea I guess I watch too much soap opera, LOL. The whole Tom/Scottie thing is a little mind-boggling especially since she seemed to be trying to put the moves on him at one point, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Is anyone still watching the Blacklist? Thoughts on season 4 and Redemption?

I plan to watch the Blacklist season finale sometime today. I'm expecting and hoping it's as exciting as I want it to be. I thought the show might be canceled but has been renewed. I do think next season will be the last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget Blindspot. It's good drama in that one too. I've been checking out both shows since day one. WOW!!! If these 2 shows were to crossover what an episode that would be. Wow.

The Blacklist finale answered a question that was no longer really needing answers. But, oh well, a season or so ago it would have been more interesting, at least in my opinion. I wasn't overly thrilled with Redemption. I like Tom, and some of the cast, but overall the show was, WHAT???

Don't forget Blindspot. It's good drama in that one too. I've been checking out both shows since day one. WOW!!! If these 2 shows were to crossover what an episode that would be. Wow.

I just watched the Blindspot finale. Good episode but it seemed like they thought this was it and had closure on a lot of things. Since it is returning, I fully expect a time jump to start season 3 with fill in info.

The Blacklist finale answered a question that was no longer really needing answers. But, oh well, a season or so ago it would have been more interesting, at least in my opinion. I wasn't overly thrilled with Redemption. I like Tom, and some of the cast, but overall the show was, WHAT???

I enjoyed Redemption it filled in Tom's background some but was just fun.

Now the Blacklist that finale, :eek:

I have theories, I will give more detail tomorrow.

My Blacklist theory is that Liz/Masha is actually Red's other daughter and Liz/Masha is the skeleton in the suitcase.

Back