Are there any good guys in Salem?

65days

Reaction score
Is there anyone in Salem who has not committed a crime of some kind? Not a murderer, con artist, swindler, felon of some kind, drug dealer, addict, stalker, medical records changer, rapist, vandal, and the list goes on.

I can only think of Thomas, Tate and Theo.

It does seem that the past year was filled with making sure that no one over the age of 12 in Salem was left untarnished. And THAT is definitely not a good thing. While the person may not have planned.........well, the old proverb fits......The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Adding Shawn to the list.

I would say there are still good guys who've done bad or stupid things. I would put Eric, Chad, and Rafe in this category. Chad has done some not so great things in the past.

That is true. I think there are those who probably don't intend any harm, or who might think, at the time, they are doing good, doing a friend a favor, helping someone out. Unfortunately, something bad happens at times as a result.

However, it is a shame that writers want to sacrifice a good person, taking away their conscience, their sense of right and wrong, for a momentary lapse in judgement. I really would have much preferred Stefano taunting and goading Hope, her pointing her gun, even firing a shot that missed......and then have had him have a stroke/heart attack, and be shocked himself. Or Gabi being attacked by Nick, escaping, he recklessly chases & gets hit by a car.

Why couldn't Eric have swerved to avoid hitting Jen's car, thus hitting Eric's. Same result, but he did not have to be drunk.

Definitely Shawn has become the token good guy on Days, which is ironic as at one point he was rebellious. I would consider JJ now also another one of the bad boys who turned good. Chad also I would consider one of the good guys. Steve Johnson as well (even though he slept with Ava). Rafe I don't consider a good guy for covering up the murder of Stefano.

No adult. Jen Jen is an addict who wants to steal Chad's baby, Hope is a two-faced hypocrite murderer. That's just two of the supposed good people.

Reactions: jgk
Lucas is a good guy. He went to prison only to protect Will and I don't remember anything else he did that was criminal.

Yes Lucas definitely a good guy and a great example of a Horton. Lucas wasn't always good either and at times his character was obnoxious. He is a example of how a character can change and stay that way.

But unfortunately as we all see the good guys don't really get much air time. Look at Lucas, JJ, Abe, Roman, and Shawn for example.

Back in the day, he worked with Kate to destroy Sami. He initially allowed Sami to take the rap for Franco's murder. Was only after they started the execution that he felt guilty enough to speak up.

Lucas did not want Sami to be tried, it was Kate who kept telling him she would get off, she was Roman's daughter, blah, blah. She even insisted that the governor would pardon her, or reduce the sentence, etc. etc. She really kept him under her thumb, but he finally would not be stopped, and rushed in, fortunately in time.

There was a comment in today's paper, which referred to "the sort of moral exhaustion often associated with bad soap operas." The term "moral exhaustion" certainly now applies to Days adults and a large portion of the awful teen set. Things are pretty bad when most of the characters with an untainted past and present are small children and babies. In fact, if Sami were around today, instead of saying that EJ had changed, she could attempt to downplay his sordid past by trying to claim that he was no worse than most of the people in Salem.
You forgot Parker.
Can we be sure about him? He might be shoplifting bubblegum at the local candy store.

Last edited:
Back