SPOILER !! As one year ends and another begins teaser

OK, I'm gonna say it, PLEASE give us Rafe & Carrie back!:rotfl::love:
Rafe and Carrie as a couple may not win any prizes from posters on this board, but like certain politicians who are gifts that keep on giving for late-night comedians, they will provide topics for snarky posts:
  • references to lost cats;
  • if Carrie dons her princess costume for an event, the term "Princess Hag" will once again come into common use;
  • speculation over when the heating system will malfunction so Carrie can break out the ice cubes;
  • mockery of poor clueless Austin as his wife again lusts after another man;
  • suggestions that Rafe, Carrie, and a bag of ice cubes be locked in an overheated crawl space by Xander.

I don't think Anna is there long term so it would be weird to see 2 short term characters fighting over a contract actor. I'd rather see Kate find out Eduardo is playing her and then fight Hattie for Roman.

I prefer to see Eduardo with Eve anyhow.

Eduardo himself was set back to recurring as well after Adriana left. Personally I rather see Adrienne with Lucas while Kate finally shows mercy for one of her son's wives with Adrienne's cancer. Having Justin with Eve since I thought they had great chemistry

As for Anna, I never knew or heard about her being short term. I just know she gets into some sort of trouble needing Carrie's help according to what has been teased.

A Martinez (Eduardo) decided he would rather be recurring since he wanted to work on other projects and was being used so little on Days. With the limited budget they have, Days was probably only to happy to do that.

As for Anna, maybe she cannot prove she is Carrie's mother, so has to get a blood sample. :sarcasm:

Being a big Anna, fan, I'm really looking forward to her and Carrie interacting, would love to see some interactions with her and Roman. Just wish she was on longer. I'm also looking forward to all of the familiar faces with the exception of Lani. I'd much prefer having Brandon come back on screen and interact with Nicole, Abe, and Theo than another recreated child that someone didn't know about.

I talked to Eric Martsolf (Brady) a bit on Sunday at the fan event I attended in NY. I had mentioned that I wished they'd permanently bring back Belle and Shawn and even he passed a comment about writers having their favorites to write for. It's mind boggling to me that the show continues to bring back less popular old or new characters rather than write for characters tied to both major families and unrelated characters on the show.

I didn't enjoy Lani the first go around. I doubt I'll enjoy her this time. And I agree I'd much rather see Brandon return than Lani. They could easily say Lani was lying about her paternity and get her off the canvas permanently. Brandon would fill the need for more medical staff at the hospital as well as add another character to the 30-40 set. Plus he is connected to Abe, Nicole and Theo.

They could easily say Lani was lying about her paternity and get her off the canvas permanently.
Abe mentioned that he talked to Tamara (Lani's mother) who confirmed Lani's paternity. But that could be undone by saying she was lying or confused about the time of conception and it was another guy.

Same as Summer's maternity could be undone by saying the DNA test wasn't a match, after all.

I talked to Eric Martsolf (Brady) a bit on Sunday at the fan event I attended in NY. I had mentioned that I wished they'd permanently bring back Belle and Shawn and even he passed a comment about writers having their favorites to write for. It's mind boggling to me that the show continues to bring back less popular old or new characters rather than write for characters tied to both major families and unrelated characters on the show.

I didn't enjoy Lani the first go around. I doubt I'll enjoy her this time. And I agree I'd much rather see Brandon return than Lani. They could easily say Lani was lying about her paternity and get her off the canvas permanently. Brandon would fill the need for more medical staff at the hospital as well as add another character to the 30-40 set. Plus he is connected to Abe, Nicole and Theo.

Amen! I agree with you here for the most part. We have so much potential with Belle and Shawn, across the board everywhere, with every Salem family practically. Bradys, Blacks, Hortons, and Kiriakis families. If we went back to 2008 we could even throw DiMera for both Belle and Shawn (almost cousins much LOL). The two can interact easily with other characters then being just a couple like we see with some currently on-screen.

Personally, I like to see more storylines not so much focused on just the relationship but the individual. Like for Belle for example working with Chad and making the decision herself to leave to Hong Kong only really telling Shawn not asking him. And now we see Shawn actively working separately with Rafe to help Hope. I think it's very important we focus on individual characters and not the couple. With Adrienne and Lucas it was getting the way I was describing until they wrote Adrienne's breast cancer story and Kate being a friend for once.

Brandon also SHOULD be on cast like now. Writers, explain to me WHY isn't Brandon Walker not on set. He shouldn't just be Sami's last option just in case you guys think that's the case to hold him in limbo. Brandon right now would be so rich in character this moment with Nicole, Abe, Theo, Lani, and Valerie. It's ridiculous they have NOT brought Brandon Walker back, hope the writers read this. I'm not even a fan of Brandon's character, I just feel SO much interaction is missing out with Nicole's current situation and Theo. I'll be nice, truly consider this.

Belle and Shawn (almost cousins much LOL).
How were Belle and Shawn almost cousins?? Belle's parents are Marlena and John. Shawn's parents are Hope and Bo. None of those people are biologically related. Even when John was thought to be Colleen Brady's son, it still didn't make them related because Bo isn't Pop Shawn's biological son.

Maybe he is referring to when Belle was born she was thought to be Roman's kid. Roman and Bo are brothers.

Personally, I like to see more storylines not so much focused on just the relationship but the individual.

I wish I could like this comment 1,000 times. My sentiments exactly. Steve and Kayla actually didn't get interesting to me until I saw them interacting outside of their relationship. I like seeing Kayla as a doctor or a supportive friend, etc and Steve as a detective or uncle. On the flip side, this is one of the reasons I don't like Rafe and Hope as a couple. They've been written into too much of a couples bubble as the writers' way of trying to prove they were some great love story all along. In the brief scenes we see with them separately, I find each character far more enjoyable.

Maybe he is referring to when Belle was born she was thought to be Roman's kid. Roman and Bo are brothers.
His comment said in 2008. I just checked and that's when John was thought to be Colleen's son.

Back