Best and Worst Recasts

MPM

Reaction score
I hope this is the correct forum to post.

Just for fun. Name which recasts you liked the best and the least.

For me, two recasts top my worst list. The recast of Jennifer Horton portrayed by Stephanie Cameron and the recast of Carrie Brady played by Tracy Middendorf. In recent memory Will and Philip come to mind.

The best recasts have been Kassie DePaiva as Eve, Brandon Beemer as Shawn-D and (I know many may disagree) but I didn't mind Robert Kelker Kelly as Bo Brady. It might be because much of his portrayal of the character was with Billie not Hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, anyone replacing Matt Ashford as Jack! Plus. I never believed Robert Kelker Kelly was the real Bo.

Yes, Matthew Ashford (Jack) can't be replaced. That one is in my top 5 for sure! However, I did like the actor that portrayed Jack just not in that role!

Mark Valley & Steve Wilder as Jack Deveraux.....very miscast
Julie Pinson as Billie Reed was excellent

In my opinion, Kassie dePaiva was miscast as Eve, but she did a fantastic job, and is such a wonderful actress, it did not matter. (just wish she had been cast as someone new or someone else, she is sooo good!)

Yes, Matthew Ashford (Jack) can't be replaced
Any actor can be replaced. Many of you know I cannot stand Matthew Ashford (ex-Jack) or Jack Devereaux as played by Mr. Ashford, but that is not the reason I believe any actor can be replaced.

I didn't like the second Philip (the one who married Belle) and the last Will.

Reactions: MPM
Of course, anyone can be replaced. I didn't mean it in a literal sense. Just that (in my opinion) there isn't anyone that could live up to Matthew Ashford's portrayal of Jack in my eyes. He's always going to be my favorite. :love:

Realizing that Belle had to be "aged", it took me a while to get used to Martha Madison. I loved Kirsten Storms as Belle. Lisa Rinna will always be Billie to me; neither Krista Allen nor Julie Pinson seemed to fit. The absolute worst for me was Roark Critchlow replacing Michael T. Weiss as Mike Horton. Ugh.

If we adjust for writing, I would say the best recast was Will Horton when played by Guy Wilson. It was very seamless and I really felt the connection between his Will & Sonny without missing a beat. (However, he got crummy writing, and that was not the actor's fault.)

To me, the worst recast was Josh Taylor as Roman. I know he's now played him more extensively than Wayne Northrop did, but I still don't like it. A very close second was Kirsta Allen's Billie (but again, I think that has more to do with the lousy writing they gave her - and they cast her specifically to play a "darker" Billie).
The recast of Jennifer Horton portrayed by Stephanie Cameron
Ugh! Let's all file that with the unnameable story!!

Best:
Martha Madison as mature Belle
Brandon Beemer as Shawn
Kate Mansi and Marci Miller as Abigail
Guy Wilson as Will (I'm with Jason on the bad writing)
Christian Ganiere as Parker
Julie Pinson as Billie
Lauren Koslow as Kate (initially she was very similar to Deborah Adair)

Worst:
Charity Rahmer as mature Belle (she aired briefly between Kirsten Storms and Martha Madison)
Kyle Brandt as Philip
Krista Allen as Billie
Eric Martsolf as Brady (I blame this more on bad writing)
Stephanie Cameron as Jennifer
Steve Wilder as Jack
Kassie Depaiva as Eve (total miscast she should have been a new character)

Speaking of recasts, the original Dario just started on B&B. He's really matured. When he was on Days as Dario, he seemed like a fresh-faced young kid.

I wouldn't say it's the "worst" recast, but it was a disappointment when they replaced Lauren Boles (little girl Ciara) with teenage Vivian Jovanni. All the charm of the character was completely lost in the recast.

I wouldn't say it's the "worst" recast, but it was a disappointment when they replaced Lauren Boles (little girl Ciara) with teenage Vivian Jovanni. All the charm of the character was completely lost in the recast.
Oh, definitely, that was a huge disappointment. And in my mind, a bad mistake to SORAS the character.

Back some years ago, John Clarke, who played Mickey Horton, wanted to retire, so they recast the part with actually two good actors, but the writing was terrible. And one got stuck with Bonnie Lockhart. Both actors were terribly miscast (Richard Voigts, and wonderful gentleman John Ingle - he was the guy who got stuck with Bonnie after Maggie supposedly died at the hands of the Salem Stalker. He had evidently played a great character on another soap for years (A Quartermain???) & writer James Reilly had Mickey wearing cowboy hats, two steppin, and in general, just not being Mickey. John Ingle stuck it out for quite a while...but finally had enough. LOL

Back