Best and Worst Recasts

I agree, JS....although that actor who portrayed Bill Horton at the funeral,. the one you immediately nicknamed Silver Fox, and we posted about him a lot, remember, hoping he would return and get story on Days, portraying Bill Horton.

No idea why TPTB have never brought Bill back, since Alice, Tom, Mickey are all gone now. And boy, Salem hospital could sure use a good Horton doctor.

Oh, that actor (John Martin) is #1 on my list to play Bill Horton, should they ever have him return to Salem.

latest

Just curious why so many feel Kassie DePaiva was miscast as Eve?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see, Eve was about 4'11, Kassie DePaiva is much taller, yes, both could sing. Eve was much involved with Jack, so it was just hard to picture her now going after Jack's son, her daughter's boyfriend to boot.

But Kassie DePaiva. is a fantastic actress, got lousy writing, I admit, and just deserved better. There was a vast difference in personality of Eve, to me, but others have their own reasons. I loved that she was coming on the show, just wished she was different character. She still could have been Paige's mother, without being Eve.

Let's see, Eve was about 4'11, Kassie DePaiva is much taller,
Reminds me of Y&R. The role of Abby Newman was played by a very petite actress (who had been Lizzie Spaulding on GL), about the size of Bernadette on Big Bang Theory. She left and the new Abby took over, at about a foot taller. The only thing they had in common was their hair color.

This is OT, but viewers of Another World may remember that Vicky and Marley Love were always played by the same actress in a dual role until just before the show left the air. Vicky was petite (as portrayed by Jensen Buchanan) but Marley was again played by the taller Ellen Wheeler who had originated the role years before. Even though they were supposed to be identical twins, the two actresses looked nothing alike.

In my opinion, Kassie DePaiva, while an excellent actress, was miscast as Eve because she wasn't believable as Shane Donovan's (Charles Shaughnessy)
daughter.

Barb, just so you know, when Eve was played by Charlotte Ross, she was never in love with Jack Deveraux, she had a crush on Frankie Brady/Billy Warlock but her ultimate true love was Nick Corelli/George Jenesky (Conrad Dunn). Jack and Eve basically married for money, not love and at that time Jack was in love with Jennifer.

Last edited:
My favorite recasts:
Billy Flynn as Chad
Eric Martsoff as Brady
Robert Kelker Kelly as Bo
Martha Madison as Belle
Jamie Lynn Bauer as Laura

My least favorites:
Guy Wilson as Will
Stephanie Cameron as Jennifer
Beverly Todd as Celeste
Anne Marie Howard and Arianna Chase as Kimberly
Krista Allen as Billie

Who I would like to see come back:
Matt Ashford as Jack
Michael T. Weiss as Mike
Jason Brooks as Peter
Patsy Pease as Kimberly
Stacy Greason as Isabella

This is OT, but viewers of Another World may remember that Vicky and Marley Love were always played by the same actress in a dual role until just before the show left the air. Vicky was petite (as portrayed by Jensen Buchanan) but Marley was again played by the taller Ellen Wheeler who had originated the role years before. Even though they were supposed to be identical twins, the two actresses looked nothing alike.
B&B also did that with a set of identical twins. They always had identical twin child actresses play the roles. Then one day, they hired a completely different looking actress to play the one twin (one was a brunette and the new girl was a blond). Guess they didn't want to do the "Patty Duke routine" with the brunette actress.

Num%C3%A9riser0013.jpg

On Days, back in the 80's, identical twins Camilla and Carey Moore played twins, Gillian and Grace Forrester. Camilla played Gillian, and Carey played Grace. Eventually Gillian was arrested and sent to prison for killing Emma Marshall. But instead of the actress (Camilla) leaving, she took over the role of the other twin, Grace, while the actress who played Grace (Carey), left the show. Grace ended up being killed by Harper Deveaux.

moretwins.jpg

@tabby......yes, I know, which is why I used the word "involved". LOL. Jack's heart always belonged to Jen, but he needed money, so he & Eve did a "deal". When Eve left town, she left with Frankie.

(And right now, Eve would be .....a lot taller than Frankie, who was close to Jen's height. Not that it matters)

Yes I remember Mom watching that show and the ever-changing [it seemed to me] role of Vicky & Marley.

I didn't care for the other actors and actresses who played Pop Shawn Brady and Caroline Brady. I was glad when they brought back Frank Parker (Shawn) and Peggy McCay (Caroline) to play the roles again.

The actress is only about 3 years younger than Charles Shaughnessy (Shane). I realize this doesn't always matter. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) is only 13 years younger than Lauren Koslow (Kate) but he also looks like he could pass for her son. No way could this Eve pass for Shane's daughter hence why we have never gotten a scene with them together. Tremendous missed opportunity for the show to do some family scenes back when Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) was still there. Eve is also supposed to be much younger than portrayed right now.

And to Poirot's point, the way she was written, she may as well have been a new character. I always thought she should have been brought on as Clyde's girlfriend or wife.

No way could this Eve pass for Shane's daughter hence why we have never gotten a scene with them together.
We don't know if that's why they were never in a scene together or not. No one connected with the show has ever said anything along those lines. The actor is completely gray now and could easily pass as old enough to be Eve's father.

On Blue Bloods, the actor playing Tom Selleck's dad is only 6 years older. Barbara Bel Geddes (Miss Ellie) was only 9 years older than Larry Hagman (JR) on Dallas.

While Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) is only 6 years older than Kassie DePaiva (Eve), he was only 13 years older than Charlotte Ross (original Eve). I don't think Shane was a top ISA agent when he was 12/13 years old. Same with Karen Moncrieff (Gabrielle Pascal, Eve's mother); she was only 5 years older than Charlotte Ross (original Eve).

Alison Sweeney (Sami) is only 9 years older than Guy Wilson (former Will). And she's only 1 year older than Martha Madison (Belle), yet on the show they are 15 years apart.

The woman who played John's mother was the same age as Drake Hogestyn (John).

Lauren Koslow (Kate) is only 10 years older than Lisa Rinna (Billie).

So while Kassie DePaiva (Eve) didn't seem like a good fit as Eve, it has nothing to do with how close in age she is to Charles Shaughnessy (Shane).

Back