Billie throws a pie at Vivian!

ErasofDiMeras

Reaction score
With the return of Vivian back in Salem I thought I'd share this hilarious clip. You can skip to 8.00 to see the pie being thrown. It starts off with Vivian pushing Philip in a stroller with Victor, and Vivian rejecting Billie to hold Philip, her brother. You can see where this is going lol!

Ever since they no longer have Salem Place, no outdoors. There was a sidewalk right there, so they could pretend to be any where. And really, across the street is a huge park. But when NBC decided they wanted that space, and enclosed it, no more outside shots. (Salem Place was a small area, but had Ballistix, the movie theater, Johnny Angel's, and the Ballistix store front served as a jewelry store, bridal shop, lol. There was even a couple tables right by the sidewalk that served as the "outdoor" cafe. (yes, I was there). Heck, even to have a character or two be outside the bldg for a shot or two costs too much now. Camera, audio, crew people, etc.

I agree it's sad they no longer can do the outdoor filming anymore. It brings much more a level of realism to the show. These days, when Salem is shown outdoors, it looks like the set from a play.

But since their budget is just a ghost of its former self, we're lucky they can afford to create outdoor sets at all. I think they do the best they can with the severe budget cuts they've had to endure.

I don't know about GH, but Y&R and B&B apparently still have generous budgets. Both of those soaps still do outdoor taping, quite frequently. Plus, B&B still gets to go to international shooting locations.

I did read earlier in 2017 that Bill Bell Jr stated CBS is generous with the budget for B&B. Days, sadly, has not fared so well with NBC.

NBC has treated Days horribly....but then, the suits change, etc. We all have seen how long most TV series last. They think some show is going to be Fabulous, but a "season" only lasts 6-8 episodes. Some shows fare well, others do lousy. In some cases wrong time slot for the show. Then the networks starts moving them all around, pre-empting for football, basketball, hockey, etc., plus using reality shows of one kind or another. I notice now we are seeing game shows at night. Used to be strictly a daytime thing. LOL.

Back