Brady and Eric are weasels

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Brady's insecurity is what will be the undoing of of his relationship with Nicole. I understand that what Kristen and Theresa did to him can cause him to be insecure. But his constant suspicion and jumping to the wrong conclusions is his issue alone. So when Nicole finds out that Brady manipulated Eric into deciding to quit rather than fire her I hope Nicole throws his butt to the curb.

Eric's issues are his and his alone as well. His letter to Nicole said that him leaving had everything to do with her and then came up with some bullcrap story. Eric's actions over his feelings for Nicole have a bit of a creep factor. He clearly had it for Jennifer. But as soon as he gets near Nicole he's all head over heels for her. Knowing about his feelings and that it was pointless he should have moved on and pursued his own personal life. Instead he is a guilty creep for letting his feelings stew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric wants Nicole to be happy. He knows all she has gone through, what she wants in life. When he was responsible for the death of Daniel, he beat himself up constantly over her sorrow, and understood her not forgiving him. And when she finally did, it gave lhim peace. He has loved her a long time, longer than Brady, for sure, and perhaps in a better way.

So, Brady bullies Eric, insists he fire Nicole (cannot imagine what Brady would have done if Eric had not) but Eric knew she would be heartbroken if he did. So, for Nicole's sake, because she loves Brady, was happy with her family, etc. and because he did not want that ruined, he left the Center himself.

As he told Brady, he & Nicole are no longer working together, which is what Brady wanted.

Yes, this is Brady's issue. No idea why he feels so insecure, unless it is because of all the women he instantly "loves", and it ends badly.

I would not call Eric a weasel. It is obvious he loves Nicole way more than Brady loves her, and is willing to do whatever he can to insure that she is happy. She is lucky to have a friend like that.

Both Brady and Eric have let Nicole down in one way or another. Brady's track record with addiction and with women should be enough to scare Nicole away from him as a lover. Long-time viewers know how Eric treated Nicole long before he killed Daniel. Even the sainted Dr. Dan vacillated about his on-again, off-again feelings for Nicole. The woman is a glutton for punishment when it comes to choosing lovers, and they usually hand her the poopie end of the stick when the relationship ends. The problem is that she accepts it and thanks her current man for the privilege.

I have always felt that Nicole needs a man who deserves her, but I don't think that's possible, no matter who writes for DOOL.

Sorry for to all the Eric fans in advance. His brooding, morose outlook is not attractive. His hairstyle is not helping me take him seriously. Nicole did not need him to complicate things. She of the three appears to have her head on straighter. Brady makes one bad decision after the other in life, business and love. He knows better than everyone else. He is the best person for the job, for the family. for Nicole. It is tedious. Arrogance is never attractive as well.

I honestly wish in these wealthy families they had more children who go to college and became educated in life and a job. The ones who appear to have more than a college education are in the medical field. CEOs?? Kate, Sami, Chad, Sonny (?), Brady, Billie, Lucas?? Most of the blue collar jobs are on the police force.

Their paths barely crossed much of the time. So never explored but you wonder why.
Rafe and Nicole not only crossed paths often, but joined paths, too. He pretended to be the father of her baby when she was pregnant. And before that, he was hot on her trail to figure out and prove that Sydney was Sami's baby.

They became extremely close when he was pretending to be Daniel Rafael's father.

I feel that Nicole needs to move away from Eric and Brady. There has been way too much jumping around back and forth over the years between all 3. I also agree that the writers should have pursued a Rafe and Nicole pairing, they had chemistry. Brady should get back with Chloe, or hopefully Theresa comes back in the next year.

I don't like Brady bullying Eric but I also don't like Eric allowing Brady to do it and not at least defending himself. He is allowing Brady's abuse and it sucks to watch Brady stomp all over him, taking advantage over Eric's hurt heart.

I think Brady and Eric have both turned up the creep factor lately with Brady's insecurities driving him insane, to the point that maybe he needs to get checked into Bayside Sanitarium. Eric has been creeping me out just by the way he has been staring at Nicole and swooning over her. He gets so close to her personal space I feel uncomfortable just watching it.

I really feel all three were better with other people. I enjoyed Eric when he was interacting with Jennifer, Brady acted more "normal" and not insanely jealous with Theresa, and I agree with others that it is a shame they never paired Nicole up with Rafe. I would like that pairing so much better than Rafe with Hope. As it is, Brady looks unhinged in the way he has been behaving, Eric bowing out and not fighting for Nicole does not seem normal, and Nicole is oblivious to it all.

Back