Brady, Theresa and the baby

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm guessing eventually Melanie and Brady will "save the day" and rescue Theresa and the baby and bring them back to Salem.

I can see Brady and Theresa being a rehash of Sami and Lucas when Will was a toddler. They were at each other's throats all the time and always plotting and scheming against each other to get sole custody of Will.

It wasn't until the disaster carnival in 2004 that Sami and Lucas finally admitted they cared for each other.

How do you think it'll play out for Brady and Theresa to jointly parent Christopher?

I hate the thought of two drug addicts jointly parenting any baby unless this is what will make them both stay sober FOREVER! I also think it's possible that Victor will be worried about Brady and intervene. Maybe even use that favor Stefano owes him somehow.

I think you're right, Just Samantha. I think the first few years of Theresa & Brady raising Christopher is going to be pretty similar to what happened with Sami/Lucas/Will too. I think Theresa might be furious when she finds out that Brady knew about her son's existence and didn't bother to tell her right away and she's going to decide to sue for custody.

Then Victor is going to urge Brady to go for full custody of Christopher and he's going to use Theresa's past against her. It would be interesting if what Theresa did to John comes out in court but I doubt it. If it does, it might pretty much destroy any chance Theresa will have in getting Christopher. I think this whole custody battle might last pretty much all summer. And it's very likely that Brady will win custody of Christopher and Theresa will only get supervised visitation rights. I just don't see joint custody happening, and if it does, it might not last for long because Theresa will inevitably screw up. I think Theresa might bring a guy over while Christopher's in the house and the baby will somehow be in harm's way.

I don't know. We'll see what happens, but this is just my personal opinion of what I think might go down in the next couple of months. There's a possibility that from this point on this could be Theresa's redemption story and this baby could change her for the better. If that happens I hope it's permanent and the writers aren't screwing with us.

I honestly hope that this whole thing will right Theresa's ship, because I'm pretty tired of her constantly undermining everyone in Salem. Eric is right - she needs to grow up! I really don't think this will happen, but I would be ok with some variety of the following:

Theresa's been crying because nobody loves her. When everyone learns of what Kristen did to her (and Brady), many people will come to support her, and she will feel that love she's been missing, and then maybe she'll decide that she wants to keep that love. She can still struggle with that in ways that aren't so negative. She is desperate for attention, love, and frankly, validation! She will continue to screw things up, which is fine, but goodness... if only she could do it in such a way that didn't come across as just lashing out or being mean. And if she were able to take on this transformation, she and Brady could actually raise this child in such a way that will cause them both to be their better selves. It's possible.

It just isn't probable, I'm afraid. More likely, I'd say that the variation on my theme would have Theresa playing games with her child in order to recreate (or attempt to recreate) that genuine caring and concern people will show her when the truth comes out, only to end up in the same place she is now. And then, people will be siding with Brady trying to keep the child from Theresa, or something like that, because she will keep doing things to hurt people. She may even end up doing something that hurts her own child. But either way, that battle will not end well. Like Just Samantha, I'm also afraid it will be reminiscent of Sami, particularly when she was younger. There's no way to make that enjoyable to watch!

I find it hard to hate Theresa. I know that her character is just awful through and through. The whole time she has been in Salem she hasn't done a nice thing or had a kind word with anyone, but I think Jen Lilley is so beautiful. And in real life she seems to have such a great personality.

However.... even when Sami was at her worst and everyone hated her, they still showed scenes with Sami and her grandma Caroline, who is the only one that really had Sami's number and still loved and guided her. Since Sami is gone, and Theresa is Caroline's granddaughter, they should use a great relationship between the two to help with Theresa's image.

I think Theresa, instead of just being happy she has a baby and was actually right, will pull a Sami and act like a jerk about the whole thing. She will demand apologies, remind everyone of every awful thing they said to her, etc. If that's how it plays out, that sucks and I'm already mad about it. I'd love to see Theresa redeem herself. She's such a brat all the time and it makes her hard to watch.

While a baby might be just the thing to cause a positive personality change, right now, all I can think of is....would Theresa really be happy having a crimp put in her lifestyle? The partying, picking up guys, drinking, flirting, etc.? I mean, yes, she would be so happy to have the baby, the one she was pregnant with....but how long would that last?

In an ideal situation, Brady and Theresa would both mature, stay sober, and share custody of their baby (I don't think they should be a couple, but remain friends). However, based off the fact that Ken Corday has mentioned that Theresa is a lot like Sami, and has not shown much progression since she came on the show, I can see Theresa and Brady fighting over Christopher and scheming to take him away from the other parent the way Sami and Lucas used to do over Will.

My first choice would be for them to put the child up for adoption because they're both completely immature twits who couldn't take care of a houseplant.

But I shudder to think what will happen under these writers. Maybe a "win" for Kristen? I would almost find that less repulsive than Brady/Jeannie T fighting over the baby neither of them wanted.

What a week John's had. He added a son and a grandson all in a week, though he doesn't know it yet, LOL.

Well, first thing they need to do is change his name. I don't really care for it. Furthermore, since Kristen named him Christopher which is the male form of her name, I really don't think Brady and Theresa are going to want that lasting reminder for their son.

I am hopeful that this whole situation will mature Theresa but I could definitely see her lashing out also. I would like to see the situation bring Brady and Theresa closer. Perhaps not in a romantic way (maybe down the road) but certainly as parents. I agree that Victor could cause trouble at some point giving Brady full custody. One way or another I want that baby back in Salem where he belongs, NOT with Kristen. I love Eileen Davidson and can take Kristen in small doses but she needs to hand over that child to his rightful parents.

One thing I'm looking forward to is Jen Lilley's (Theresa) performance upon learning she really was pregnant, has a child, and that she will be the one responsible for saving his life. Should be good. :clap:

I saw the preview, with Kristen telling Brady "she gave birth to that baby". Will Victor have deja vu over this, since Vivian did nearly the same thing? Only difference is, she switched the in vitro containers, so had the implant. Remember how many months of shots she had to have, prepping her because of her age?
Melanie talked of an "embryo transplant" as if it was common. I know we have medical people here. Is it really common? Is it done, taking a fetus from one pregnant woman, and putting it into another? Heck, Mandrake only had to give kristen ONE shot to have her aged uterus all fluffed up and ready. Amazing.

@Poirot, I think Melanie when she was researching and/or talking to Brady about it said that the science is there and it has been done but it's very risky to do so and the woman who gives birth usually does so prematurely. I don't think they went into too much detail on the necessary hormones needed for such a transplant. I guess I can almost believe that the procedure is possible but I'm really having a difficult time figuring out how/why it would ever be necessary. Unless there's a significant cost difference to do that vs regular IVF. I know some women can conceive but can't carry to term but usually they just do IVF with a surrogate. It just seems like the risk would be too high to transplant an embryo from one woman to another, not to mention the window of time to do such a procedure would be pretty narrow as well.

It still doesn't explain how Theresa's blood, which was tested mere hours later, didn't contain any hcg (pregnancy hormone). Dr. Mandrake must have given her some drug that flushed her system of the hormone. I know, I know, I'm thinking too much....LOL.

Back