Carolina's CW show: Studio 62

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
There's a show called Studio 62, hosted by Jamarcus Gaston, that comes on the Carolinas CW at 11am.

Tomorrow, my daughter is a guest on the show (they are filming today- it airs tomorrow on 2/21/2017). Her name is Jenna and she will be dressed as a "foosa" with a few fellow cast members and they will be promoting their upcoming show: Madagascar. My daughter plays several roles in the show including the old lady that beats up Alex the lion. It's such a fun show- and she is so excited to be on television tomorrow.

You can watch live here:
http://carolinascw.com/category/studio-62/

I just wanted to pop on here and let everyone know my little Broadway star is making a tv appearance. :) I'm a very proud mama!

Ok- I'm going to take a moment to really share how proud I am of this amazing kid. I mean, I am one lucky lady to get to be her mama (I want to be just like her when I grow up). She is brilliant academically. She is in the 6th grade and has straight A's in all her classes (and all of them are advanced placement. In fact, her math course is an 8th grade class and she has to go to the 8th grade halls to go to it.)

She soaks up information like a sponge and has one of the highest grade point averages in the school. And she is the coolest kid I know, she is kind and makes friends easily. She maintains her grades and social life like a boss. AND rehearses 4 times per week for a show. This week rehearsing EVERY night as it's show time- show opens on Friday.

And if that isn't enough, her favorite thing to do ever is volunteer in the spring time for a charity here called "Mauldin Miracle League". She is paired with a special needs child and she helps them play baseball, she runs beside them around the bases, helps them hit the ball, helps them throw the ball and cheers them on. She's a great teacher and the kids love her.

And she's only 11 years old.

I am so proud of that girl. She says she wants to be a famous actress someday. So maybe someday there will be a forum like this one talking about her movies/shows!

To be fair, I am going to brag a bit on my youngest. She wants to play soccer and is on her first team this year. She is so excited. She is also doing well in school like her big sis. And she has taken up a love of writing. She mainly likes facts, and writing about "real" things. Specifically animals. She loves all living things, from the smallest ant, to the biggest whale. She wants to help save all the animals and be a zoologist. She has no interest in theater like her sis, but she is her sister's biggest fan. Such a sweet girl.

I really am blessed with pretty great kids. I mean, they fight sometimes, they are kids and behave as such, but I'm really proud of them.

Sounds like you have done a wonderful job raising them. I know your daughter will have a lot of fun with the acting, my son was very involved with it while in college. Who knows what the future holds? Congrats and good luck to both the kids, and God Bless them and all your family! :)

Thank you Poirot!

FYI - the clip is now on the carolinascw.com site under "show ticket: Madagascar", and my daughter gets to talk. She says a few lines about what a foosa is. :) So proud of her confidence! She is such a cool kid!

NOTE: I have found that the clips play on Firefox, but not on Google Chrome. I have not tried Internet Explorer. Good grief, why can't videos just play on all of the above rather than one or the other?

http://carolinascw.com/2017/02/21/s...l-arts-presents-madagascar-feb-24-26-mar-3-5/

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the link with Chrome, worked fine for me. (I used to use Firefox all the time, but it take forever to load at times, bulky browser, so rarely use it any more. Tho I really liked it, wayyyyy better than Explorer.

Loved the kids being in costume........looks like a fun evening for all who attend.

Oh my goodness, the kids are adorable!

DaysLady, you have every reason to be proud of your daughters. You're also a wonderful parent to foster your elder daughter's love of the arts and academics while teaching her to have compassion for others. At the same time, you're helping your younger daughter to follow her own loves, and helping her to become her own person separate from her sister.

Back