SPOILER !! Casting Teaser Recap update (5/31)

Jason47

Reaction score
Coming soon to Days of Our Lives, a recap of the changes in store.

18766724_935584719917136_5949815741524222421_o.jpg

In addition to Ron Carlivati and Sheri Anderson joining "Days" as head writer and story consultant in the coming months, "Days" fans have lots of other changes in store in the coming year. Morgan Fairchild will be taking over the role of Anjelica Deveraux, last seen in 1991 in June.

Alison Sweeney will be reprising her role this fall as Sami Brady. Three-time Daytime Emmy winner Chandler Massey will be returning to "Days" as the thought-to-be-dead Will this fall. Kassie DePaiva is back as Eve in October.

After almost a decade away, William Utay returns to "Days" as the dastardly Dr. Rolf. Deidre Hall will be doing double duty again when Hattie Adams returns. T-Boz, of TLC fame, who played one of Hope's fellow inmates earlier in the year, is also returning.

On the departure front, Vincent Irizarry wraps his run as Deimos Kiriakis this summer and Arianne Zucker exits as Nicole Walker in the fall. Additional returns and departures will be announced in the coming months.

Although it already happened, Ciara has left the show, too.

I sincerely hope that the statement "thought to be dead Will" is just a description, and that the character is still dead. I know others feel differently.

Love Hattie & Deidre Hall's portrayal of her.

Am guessing that some of these returns are short term. Will sure be glad to see Eve!

Very glad to see Eve, and to see she is in good health. Hattie, I adore Hattie. Hoping she stays and romances Roman. I was iffy about Dr. Rolf but am warming up to his crazy poop. And Hattie did know Rolf. If my memory servers me correctly, Rolf did her surgery with no anesthesia when he transformed her into Marlena lookalike

With Hattie coming back, maybe Roman can delay going to square dancing at the Salem Senior Center in a quest for a kiss. Alternately, Dr. Rolf could mix up some variety of "Love Potion Number 9" that will make Roman irresistible to women above a certain age.

If my memory servers me correctly, Rolf did her surgery with no anesthesia when he transformed her into Marlena lookalike

Close, but not quite. But it was 15 years ago, so I can't blame you for not remembering that Rolf did give her a little something, but possibly not enough. I found this in the archived Early Edition summaries for November 2000, this scene aired Thursday, November 21, 2000, and is the very first thing described in the summary for that day.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040818...0/bluewizard75/daysums/2000/November2000.html

"HONKER JOB

Hattie doesn't want to be knocked out for the procedure and agrees to just "float" on a valium drip. Ingrid and Rolf share growls and grabs when Hattie goes to get in her gown. They get ready to start the surgery and Rolf numbs the area, but not too much. Hattie dreams about seeing her reflection and looking like Marlena and smiles. She wakes up as Rolf aims his hammer and chisel over her nose and screams as he starts pounding away (OW…knock her out Rolf!)."

I can't tell from that if she was just freaked out about the hammer and chisel being right there, or if it hurt, or a combination of both, or what. But either Hattie was seriously desperate to become Marlena, or it didn't hurt too bad, because she went back to Rolf for dental work and the rest of the plastic surgery. Hattie even kisses Rolf in February 2001.

Yeah, I didn't think he purposely did her surgery without anesthetic.

My best friend had a nose-job (years ago) with just "twilight sleep" (and her face was numbed). She said she could see/hear them hammering on her nose, but only really felt the pressure, not the actual pain.

I also didn't remember Hattie having any ill will toward Rolf. Like you said, she kept going back to him to finish the job. She was thrilled with his results.

Speaking of T-Boz, I wonder what the gang at Days calls her?? T-Boz or Tionne?

I know in a recent interview, LL Cool J says everyone at NCIS calls him Todd, and he's even listed on all the production paperwork as Todd.

Back