Chad DiMera....

An excellent clip, Poirot. Thanks for posting it. Billy Flynn has done a great job of portraying Chad's anguish. As for the queen of rants and confrontations, she's been largely unbearable for quite some time. And JJ is no bargain either. Where does a guy who once slept several times with his true love's mother get off criticizing anybody for anything? And if these two think that Chad is just another DiMera, they ought to stop and think for a minute. If Chad was like Stefano or Andre, they'd both now be the victims of an "accident"; be sharing a cell with a dead bird; languishing in a dungeon, gas-filled tunnel, or mental hospital; or would have been exiled to some sweltering secret island.

Thanks for sharing this. Chad is currently the only adult character on the show that I completely enjoy watching and it is because of Billy Flynn's ability to make this character so believable.

Wow, this gave me the chills. Billy Flynn (Chad) is a treasure. Just imagine though if Kate Mansi/Abigail had stayed on the show how fantastic these two could have been.

I love Billy Flynn (Chad) he is my favorite. I hate the way the writers have portrayed the Hortons for quite some time. When did they become holier than thou? They act as if they have never done anything wrong. I could do without them for awhile.

But see, that's the problem with the Hortons. Jennifer was just addicted to pain pills, she still is obviously, but Julie and Doug don't doubt her for a second. Nobody judges her, it is "you poor, poor thing", "poor, poor Thomas", "bad, bad Chad". And then, they all turn around and judge not only Chad but everyone else.

Jennifer going after Nicole, acting all superior, looking down on Jack and his PTSD just before he died and now trying to convince herself and others she actually grieved him (yeah, like two seconds).

JJ and his past, trashing the Town Square, being into drugs.

Abigail, though wonderful with Chad, had a past too (lying about Austin, going all stalker on him).

But hey, no biggy, they're Hortons. Now, Chad, he's a Dimera and apparently, that's enough for the Saintly Hortons to treat Chad like crap. Never mind that he saved Abigail's life, that he protected her, saved Marlena (though I believe nobody knows about this), and did other wonderful things. Nope, he's a Dimera.

Oh how I wish now Jennifer falls, and falls hard. Put her in a coma, induced by the pills, and give us all a break. Or at least, me. Cause I can't stand this character anymore.

Sorry, though, I might have gone off topic. So... yes, Chad is wonderful, both the actor and the character.

I just hope that the new Abby, when she returns, has chemistry with Chad. He is a phenomenal actor!

I am hoping for this as well. It would be so sad if the new Abby doesn't ignite sparks with Chad. If this recast works, they could make it into a great romance type storyline. I for one, am waiting for a bit of romance in Days again.

I think Billy Flynn (Chad) would have chemistry with a potted plant.
You're onto to something here, JS. TPTB should announce a casting call for an attractive, leafy potted plant that resides in the DiMansion library. Great chemistry with the plant whose sane, sensible, and caring advice will give poor Chad a needed break from talking to slimy Andre, listening to Jenny's nonsense, enduring JJ's idiotic rants, and hearing questionable advice from Dream/Ghost Stefano.

5574a.jpg

Mr. Plant: Getting rid of amateur nanny Ciara was a great move Chad.
Now it's time to get tough with Jenny. Let's start by hiring Nanny Megan.
She'd make short work of the blonde ranter.

Last edited:
I am hoping for this as well. It would be so sad if the new Abby doesn't ignite sparks with Chad. If this recast works, they could make it into a great romance type storyline. I for one, am waiting for a bit of romance in Days again.

I feel like we've been getting romance with Shawn and Belle but their scenes are so limited. I know they slept together as well but they've also been married for a long time.

That's kind of my point Heather. Shawn and Belle were a great opportunity for romance, and yet the writers have not explored that much. I keep hoping with every change of the writing staff they will get a clue to what the viewers actually want AND do something that satisfies us!

I thought the custody garbage was over, but with the way Jen Jen is acting toward Chad I don't see that happening. I'm just glad Chad stood up to the drug addict.

Back