Clothes......again.

oldsoapie

Reaction score
I could not believe what Nicole was wearing yesterday. She looked like maybe she was in "workout" clothes, but that's what she wore to the hospital too. Maggie in long sleeves and Nicole in spaghetti straps.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yep.....it really did not match up.......Maybe Nicole was having hot flashes??? (kidding!) Trouble is, a show is not filmed in one day.......and sometimes, actors film scenes for a few different shows the same day. Chloe was all bundled up as well, Victor in suit & tie, (well, admittedly that is the norm for him any time of year)

And yes, Nicole did look like she just came from the gym. ???

Chloe being bundled up is probably to hide how far along her real pregnancy is. In Salem, she's just a few weeks along, whereas the actress was quite blooming at that point.

Oh, I realize that, she is usually in black, sitting behind a table, or being filmed chest up...lol, As noted, however, it is very noticable to have some characters dressed for 85 degree weather, with others dressed for 45. LOL

Now, now, Nicole just ran out of clean clothes and raided Jennifer's closet and found this little sleeveless dress. She used it as a top. :)

On a more serious note, while I did not like this particular piece of clothing on Nicole, I like it when characters dress a little more casual. Sometimes, the dresses, ridiculously high heels (even Jennifer with her back pain) and the many many jewels (Kate is the perfect example) are too much. I know I don't always dress up.

I found it kind of normal. In the summer when it was 80*, my grandma (Maggie & Victor's age) would be wearing a sweatshirt or t-shirt and cardigan with long pants, especially if she was in air conditioning, while I was going around in a tank top and shorts.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just throwing in my 2 cents. :)

I noticed prior to the Olympic break that Maggie is frequently dressed as if it is winter as well. And I just have to wonder, someone who is wheelchair bound, if they would be as dressed to the nines as Maggie usually is?

Oh no, I didn't mean that because she couldn't walk. It just seems like it would be uncomfortable to be in such, what seems to me, uncomfortable clothing all the time. Of course, I am a comfort clothes person so it could be just me projecting. I hate anything too fussy or too restricting anyway.

Now, now, Nicole just ran out of clean clothes and raided Jennifer's closet and found this little sleeveless dress. She used it as a top. :)
If Nicole or any other character started raiding Jenny's closet without her knowledge, it could have plot implications. Would Jenny: 1) blame the DiMeras for her vanishing wardrobe -- after all they're usually behind evil doings in Salem and perhaps Andre occasionally likes to wear a sleeveless dress; 2) tell Maggie about her problem and then hear Victor blame, who else, Summer; 3) loudly confront her suspected dress thief of the moment; 4) demand that JJ and Roman locate the dress thief and arrest him/her; 5) think that her pill-popping is affecting her memory; or 6) worry that she's starting to suffer from the same mental problems that have plagued Abigail.

Last edited:
Of course, I am a comfort clothes person so it could be just me projecting. I hate anything too fussy or too restricting anyway.

I am also a "comfort clothes" person and I loved Nicole's gym suit (or whatever), but I just think its funny when the show has characters dressed for completely different weather and situations.

"Athleisure" clothing is really big right now. Clothing that can be worn to the gym or out casually or even to work in some cases. It's the reason why Athleta is doing so well and Lululemon is not. The latter is still too narrowly focused on gym clothes and it has hurt their sales.

Anyway, Nicole was not wearing spaghetti straps. She was wearing a tank top. The pants looked fine to me as well. They had a cute gold stripe down the sides to dress them up a bit so I wouldn't exactly call them gym pants. I too like seeing characters dressed more casually. Even Jennifer's current outfit looks a bit dressed down for her which I like. I wish Belle would dress down more, especially since Shawn is always in jeans.

As for the seasons, we've noted on here several times that the show seems to dress characters based on the season outside during taping. I do think they need wardrobe editing though. Belle and Nicole wearing the exact same shade of orange is ridiculous. And we've seen continuity issues as well over the past few weeks.

I welcome seeing Nicole in a tank top or Belle in her sleeveless dress. I think Shawn had a t-shirt on the other day too. I know people such as Victor and some of the women tend to wear suits all the time no matter the season but it looks really ridiculous for Marlena to be wearing tweed or Steve in his leather jacket in the middle of summer. And don't even get me started on Chad wearing that stupid sweater a few weeks ago.

But just think, come winter, everyone will be wearing sleeveless or perhaps a light jacket or sweater since that's what they taped this summer. :rolleyes:

I love casual wear (tho admittedly, Heather, never heard of those 2 brands you mentioned, but then, I don't frequent a gym, either.) I do think Salemites need to stop being dressed to the nines during the day, when at home. That said... older women look better with some sleeves. No offense, but they develop problems in the upper arms area, so I do not have a problem at all with the longer sleeves on Marlena, Caroline, Maggie, Kate...or anyone else who is dressed that way. Also, as you age, your skin gets thinner, & for some reason, you react differently to heat & cold. (When I am in supermarkets by the freezer depts, or meat sections.....my skin turns red and begins to itch like mad, lol) And then you have a temp of say.....80, your one friend is perspiring terribly, your other is comfortable in a t-shirt or tank top, and your 3rd friend is equally comfortable in their short sleeves and light jacket.

I do agree, that same exact shade of orange on Belle & Nicole was just not in good taste for wardrobe.

I think the leather jacket sported by Steve (and previously by Bo) is overdone, but is supposed to be "defining" I guess.

And while 6" heels may be so high fashion, cops do not wear them, and neither does anyone cleaning house, or wearing casual clothes. (want to know how much the foot doctors deplore them? )

I would love to see more of the Salem ladies in causal wear. I think Nicole looked very pretty in her outfit.

Back