Come on already, writers

ralf

Reaction score
The dragging out of "this baby-not-your baby" thing is getting kind of old. Maury Povich should show up just for this reason and set things straight. How hard is it to get DNA from Nicole and that baby?? Or anything that baby been in contact with?? CSI would have cracked this all open.

edited for clarity; do not use texting abbreviations - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Maury show is a lot more entertaining then Days of Our Lives these days. I haven't fast forwarded through so much of any episodes since DVR was the cool thing to have. I'm unimpressed and it's dull, feels like a chore just to watch it and the summary has been more then enough then seeing how dreadful it is. Get it together, writers!

I have no idea why the reveal of Holly's parentage is being dragged out for so long, unless they wanted to save it for a sweeps period. However, they then should have held off on the birth, because all they are doing is ticking off the viewers with these "oh, she is going to tell, no she doesn't, now she will, no she won't" scenes. You can only hold a carrot in front of the horse for so long, before the horse loses interest in the unattainable.

The writers could at least vary the dialogue a little. I'm getting very, very weary and annoyed every time I hear Nicole say, "I feel such a connection to Holly." She's coming off as a woman obsessed instead of someone who just wants to help her friend. But then, it's the same with all the dragging storylines isn't it?

The writers could at least vary the dialogue a little. I'm getting very, very weary and annoyed every time I hear Nicole say, "I feel such a connection to Holly." She's coming off as a woman obsessed instead of someone who just wants to help her friend. But then, it's the same with all the dragging storylines isn't it?

I said something similar last week in one of the daily threads. It's almost like Nicole is becoming unhinged and it may very well be done purposely. I don't know. But her behavior is definitely bordering on obsessive. We never saw this play out like this with Sami/Sydney, Hope/Zack, I'm sure there are other examples.

And in Nicole's case, it also doesn't help that she keeps defending Deimos. I think it's pretty clear right now she would choose Deimos over Chloe. So that makes her look even more obsessed over the baby.

Victor's heart would stop if Nicole got together with Brady. :tsk::rotfl::rotfl:

First of all Holly's DNA is on file at the hospital. She was brought there after her birth and ran tests. Daniel's is on file and so is Nicole's. Why hasn't Brady or Deimos or somebody had these 3 test against each other?? DUH!

No. Holly's DNA wasn't taken at the hospital. There's no need to take DNA from a baby (or any other patient) unless they are doing specific testing. Nothing like that was done with Holly. She was a healthy newborn with no problems.

If the writers want to get creative, they should have Holly spit up on Nicole like all babies do. Lol. And have Brady or Deimos just happen to see it, and there ya have it. Ohh, wait, the writers aren't that clever to write something smart enough to extract DNA like that. Ooops. :rotfl::rotfl:

We've already made comments that they could've taken Holly's bottle, a soiled diaper or something she spit-up on, to run a DNA test.

No. Holly's DNA wasn't taken at the hospital. There's no need to take DNA from a baby (or any other patient) unless they are doing specific testing. Nothing like that was done with Holly. She was a healthy newborn with no problems.
I beg to differ. My daughter works in labor & delivery and every child born that was born on the way to the hospital or at home then brought in needs all sorts of blood work done and yes a DNA test is done. I work for the State Health Dept, and as a former State Registrar for GBMC in Maryland, this has to be done.

I have many friends/family who work in hospitals and have never heard of DNA being taken for routine testing and to be kept on file. Yes, a baby born outside of the hospital needs testing to make sure it's healthy, but not DNA testing as a standard thing.

I also work with many government offices and legal counsel and have never heard of it being done through those areas, either (as a standard practice).

Back