Coming soon.....via SOD

I'm good with Will coming back, since it was so wrong of them to kill him. I'm more surprised at the reactions of stay dead. Geez. Who on the show hasn't been dead, murdered, embalmed, etc. and not just in the Melaswen storyline?

Let's count the dead ones, Jack, Hope, the baby that became Chelsea, John, Roman, Marlena, Tony, Andre, Stefano, Steve, Mickey. I'm sure there are many more. As Days fans, you just have to go with the flow and forget history, because things change.

We knew when Corday made the statement about "the dead will remain dead" that he'd eat his words in a New York minute.

I remember several years ago, new upper management at Disney said they were not going to do any more sequels or prequels to their movies. The guy said it was lazy and unimaginative. At the time, I believe he said the only sequels they'd do were ones already in the pipeline, with Toy Story 3 being the last one. I knew that wouldn't last, either. They clearly flushed that statement down the toilet, considering all the new sequels they've done within the past several years.

I'm good with Will coming back, since it was so wrong of them to kill him. I'm more surprised at the reactions of stay dead. Geez. Who on the show hasn't been dead, murdered, embalmed, etc. and not just in the Melaswen storyline?

Let's count the dead ones, Jack, Hope, the baby that became Chelsea, John, Roman, Marlena, Tony, Andre, Stefano, Steve, Mickey. I'm sure there are many more. As Days fans, you just have to go with the flow and forget history, because things change.
Not going to lie. That really bothers me too although I respect others to have a differing opinion. I just don't get the rationale when we have seen 'returning from the dead' as a classic soap opera device used numerous times over the decades.

To me, going the duplicate/doppelganger route doesn't work for Will Horton because what makes the character special to so many is the struggle he had to go through coming out as LGBT. You can't eliminate that aspect of his character -it's crucial to his identity. He's a gay character. So a doppelganger who 'looks' like Will would never had worked. Erasing the 'gay' is just as bad as 'white-washing' a minority character.

The problem also killing off Will was there were decades of story to tell with him. Will Horton is a relatively young character. He comes from two prominent families. We've seen his character grow up on screen. He's a legacy character linked to a lot of important people. His stories allow those characters to have interactions & story. It made no sense to kill him off permanently. Which I think was the initial plan because the recast was not as successful as producers may had wanted. His 'murder' gave short-term story for characters, like Lucas. But once that story was told, the realization a lot of potential was lost probably wasn't enough to justify the death.

To me, Will Horton/Chandler Massey's return is not only a big win for viewers who like his take on the character. It's a huge win for all the other characters/actors that surround him. I, for one, can't wait for the reunion between Lucas & Will. As well, as Marlena, Roman, Kate, Sonny & eventually Sami.

Last edited:
Corday leaves most of the decisions about the show to his exec producers. They all were very upset, as was NBC, when Chandler Massey (Will) announced to the press he was leaving Days when his contract was up, and the execs said..Don't let the door hit ya, BYE! He was fired and was never coming back. That was then.

Jack has been back, just a couple years ago, yes, as a product of Jen's imagination, but he was back for a few episodes.

Corday is not a hands on owner as his mother was. He has no idea what is good for the show, or isn't, as has been proved over and over by his failure to listen to the viewers (and I don't mean a small faction who supposedly "adore" a character, or couple, or vice versa.....hate a character or couple), watch the show faithfully himself, pay attention. Just not his forte'. His is music. So be it.

Sure, he may put his foot down occasionally, (which is why one actor, a very good friend of his, is still on the show), but overall, in my opinion, it does seem that he relies on the opinions and decisions of his execs.

Oh, while I like the person, there are those who have expressed otherwise. :)

An interesting thing has been floating around on Facebook about people finding their doppelgangers in museums. They show some paintings of people from hundreds of years ago. Each has somebody from today posing next to the painting. There are some interesting likenesses.

Yes, OC, I have had one of those on my timeline shared by an acquaintance. Some of those photos look amazing but I disregard 'click bate' to avoid data miners.

I usually avoid the click baits too, Noel but once in a while I succumb. I wanted to see those pictures. Also, I always wonder about everything I see on Facebook, whether it is for real or has been touched up (photo shopped?). You have to take everything with some skepticism these days.

So now, we have Lucas off the rails, Hattie found out, Anjelica dead, Bonnie still scamming everyone, and Adrienne in solitary.

Eli has lost his job, Raines got caught, two weddings are being planned for the same time, Gabi is being a drama queen, while John & Marlena are doing their best to get to the bottom of why the change in Adrienne. Reminds me of Sherlock & Watson. LOL

We knew when Corday made the statement about "the dead will remain dead" that he'd eat his words in a New York minute.

I remember several years ago, new upper management at Disney said they were not going to do any more sequels or prequels to their movies. The guy said it was lazy and unimaginative. At the time, I believe he said the only sequels they'd do were ones already in the pipeline, with Toy Story 3 being the last one. I knew that wouldn't last, either. They clearly flushed that statement down the toilet, considering all the new sequels they've done within the past several years.
Toy Story 4 is in the works now. Lol!

Back