Couple returning to Days

Have to admit I was disappointed with the previous Carrie & Austin returns in 2005 and 2012, if I am remembering correct. But for me there's reason to be optimistic simply because Sami is not in Salem. The original stories between the Carrie, Austin, Sami, Lucas in the 90's were good, but were only recycled during the mid-2000's. And of course the 2012 return involved Carrie and Rafe, another recycle, in my opinion, only with Sami's new man. Hopefully they will get material beyond relationship conflict, especially since they are no longer teens or early 20's characters.

I always preferred Austin Peck's portrayal of Austin better than Patrick Muldoon. When I started watching it was when Austin Peck first started. To me he always was Austin. There is potential for them to have a good storyline. Carrie can help out Anna, and Austin can come in and be involved with his family for once like Lucas and Kate. Their child, I would assume, is old enough to be around Parker's age I believe. Do we even know the sex?

Unless they change it, Carrie and Austin's child is a boy. One time, Roman was showing someone pictures on his phone and referred to the baby as "he".

Carrie and Austin left Salem in 2012 and she was pregnant. Can't remember what month they left, so Baby No Name Reed was born either late 2012 or sometime in 2013, which would make him between 3 and 4 years old.

Not sure if it counts as years have passed since Austin was last on. Can anyone think if an actor was replaced by the same actor twice?

Jason Cook (ex-Shawn) was replaced by Brandon Beemer (Shawn) twice. I now prefer the latter.

I also prefer Patrick Muldoon as Austin. I realize Austin Peck had the role longer but I never got into him.

Love the character of Carrie, always have. I'm hopeful that the 2012 return is somewhat erased with this return.

Since this is a short arc, I'm also hopeful that this means Belle and Shawn are back in Salem permanently and it just hasn't been announced yet. I too want to see some Belle/Carrie scenes especially since we are cheated out of Belle/Chloe scenes.

Well stock up the Salem store with barf bags; I'm gonna need them. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: There's just not enough puke faces to explain how bad this is.

I'm still wondering if Carrie and Austin's son will even be on-screen this time around. Unless it's been under wraps tightly there hasn't been any casting calls for a child for a while now, though I could have missed things.

I read that Austin and Carrie are coming back again (I guess since Shawn Douglas and Belle didn't last they need a new super couple) I read that they now have a son and something happens to him (he's probably Claire, Ciara, Joey and Theo age even though we never heard of him.) Here's from Days Cafe
Austin and Carrie anyone?!

A storyline will swirl around their son. I think this boy might look like a mini EJ!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will still be fast forwarding through their scenes. I'm sure Marlena will just gush about Carrie and those scenes always make my stomach turn. Miss princess Carrie can do no wrong. yuck.

Marlena may gush over Carrie and many viewers will groan at the sight of her, but a return engagement for Carrie might not be all bad. After all, she has a way of doing things that are unintentionally funny and invite scorn and mockery from the viewers. Consider that during her last Salem stint, Carrie:
  • stupidly told John and Hope that they had to go to DiMera-friendly Alamania for a divorce, which led to the much-mocked egg-quest by the Pawn and Princess Gina;
  • formed a partnership with Rafe, which led to numerous jokes about her being a lost-cat lawyer;
  • instead of just sweating like Nicole in the crawlspace, Carrie invited ridicule by trying to cool herself off with an ice-cube;
  • after some dull bedtime activities with the clueless Austin, Carrie earned true "hag" status by getting up, dressing, and then going roaming through the Town Square looking for the true object of her lust, Rafe;
  • dressed up as a princess, which led to her new nickname, "Princess Hag."
Sure, Sami's sister can be annoying or even cause some viewer to break out the barf bags, but in many ways, she's a gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
I read that Austin and Carrie are coming back again (I guess since Shawn Douglas and Belle didn't last they need a new super couple) I read that they now have a son and something happens to him (he's probably Claire, Ciara, Joey and Theo age even though we never heard of him.) Here's from Days Cafe
Austin and Carrie anyone?!

A storyline will swirl around their son. I think this boy might look like a mini EJ!

Grain of salt with anything on Days Cafe. That's also pretty inconsistent with the interview Dena Higley and Ryan Quan did with SOD as they mentioned Carrie and Austin being back for a couple weeks only and being part of Anna's storyline. I'm sure their son will be mentioned/involved but hard to believe a 2 week return would revolve around him.

Back