Crossovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralf

Reaction score
I haven't been here in awhile and I haven't seen Days in awhile either, but wouldn't it be very nice if these storylines was to crossover into other soaps. That did happen once before. It was Another World and Days I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway this could really help these hapless soaps. What you think???

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if characters from other soaps crossed over into Days for a short story arc, but I am sure there are some kind of laws or rights that prevent that from happening. One Life To Live, General Hospital and All My Children had characters/stories that crossed over and that made it fun and got you tuned in.

Yeah, for a season it should be a really bad guy running amok through 2 or 3 shows. I know I'm in fantasy land now, but let's flow with it. Now this bad guy his M.O. and is known to all the cops. No crossover yet, but there is talk about other places (where the other soaps are), where he's been doing his dirt and maybe the cops need a get-together and compare notes. So the invites have begun and let the crossovers commence.

There have never been any crossovers of other soap characters on Days. Granted, actors who appeared on other soaps were also on Days, but not actual characters.

Due to Days being at least 5 months ahead in their taping schedule, it would be extremely difficult to have a storyline running through Days, General Hospital, The Young and The Restless, and The Bold and The Beautiful at the same time. Plus, with them all being on different networks, it's doubtful they'd all be willing to do something like that.

The only two soaps that can do crossovers now are Y&R and B&B, but that's because they are "sister soaps" and take place in the same "bubble".

When Another World (on NBC) was getting ready go to off the air, a handful of characters migrated over to As the World Turns (on CBS). But none of those characters lasted the duration until the eventual end of As the World Turns.

The first soap I ever watched was Texas..it was short lived, but was a sort of spinoff from another soap (Another World), as characters from there appeared on Texas. Never watched Another World or any other soap.

A few years after it went off the air, I started Guiding Light, accidentally, and same with Days which was a year or two after I began GL. Thought I know actors from other shows have appeared on Days (or GL) it was always as different characters, and definitely after they left their other soap.

Currently, Eileen Davidson (Kristen) has it written in her contract that she can appear on rival network, NBC on Days on occasion, same with her Days contract. She is recurring.

And Wally Kurth (Justin) is also recurring, thus can appear on Days & GH, but both actors portray different characters on each soap.

Aaron D. Spears, the actor playing Raines on Days, also appears on B&B as a different character (Justin Barber, attorney for Bill Spencer).

Lamont Thompson, the actor who was the detective (Detective Hayes) dealing with Joey and Jade during the Aunt Simone commune storyline, was also appearing on Y&R as a prison warden. What's funny is the scenes aired at the same time, but he had taped them months apart, due to Days being 5 months ahead.

Patrika Darbo did scenes on Days as Nancy Wesley, while also appearing on B&B as Shirley Spectra.

And decades ago, Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Wesley Eure (teenage Mike Horton) starred on Saturday morning kiddie shows while on Days. But the kiddie shows were also on NBC.

Last edited:
Deidre Hall (Marlena) also starred on Our House briefly while still on Days. Then she left to focus on that.

I believe the same thing happened with Josh Taylor (Chris/Roman) back when he had the starring role on The Hogan Family. He couldn't make the time work for both shows at once.

Not sure if Lucas Adams (Tripp) was still taping Liv and Maddie when he first started taping Days. That show has been cancelled but certainly a possibility.

Plus, back then, Our House and The Hogan Family were both NBC shows.

LOL. Just my wishful thinking that brought this up. Homicide on the Street and Law and Order did some great crossovers and I was thinking out loud that Days could use some juice in their storylines. You all are right at one thing, they all have to be on the same network to make this work so nobody's toes want get stepped on and contracts broken off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back