Dancing With the Stars finale

Noel

Reaction score
That was some finale last night. I love the winner but it sure wasn't who the judges predicted as winner. Exciting! What did you think?

My jaw dropped at the 3rd place (I think that is who the judges expected). My Cub catcher was still there, and I was happy, he was very surprised. But agree that the entire show was really one in which they seem to have pulled out all the stops. Really enjoyed it.

They even had the cast of Dirty Dancing (which is on live tonight) do one of their numbers. (was not very impressed with it) and you all know how much I love that movie. LOL But wow, the costumes, energy, dance numbers, guests....!!!!!

I wasn't surprised by the winner at all but I was surprised that David Ross was the runner up. I don't know that I've seen 2 pro athletes as finalists before.

It would have made more sense to have Nancy or Simone as one of the other finalists.

I think David Ross was a lot of fun, and he amazed himself, at what he could do. I know over the last few weeks, some eliminations did surprise the judges, but that is the viewing audience. Heck, in the past, there are winners or finalists that I wondered how the heck they were there. LOL

Simone was also a contestant that would be in the finals but the audience voted otherwise. You just never know on this show.

The thing is......in the very beginning, you know usually right away those who will be voted off in the first few weeks. But as time goes by, the improvements show up, the unknown talent begins to emerge, and this session.......they had several who should have "won". I do get a kick when they surprise themselves.

I will say this....many times I have absolutely NO idea who these contestants are, why they are supposedly a "name", or "celebrity". Especially in sports fields. But sure do know them, what they do, what kind of person they are, etc. as the season progresses.

But.......I love dancing......Would love to have been a contestant, but probably would never have lasted long. They rehearse soooo many hours. Rashad put in hundreds/thousands of hours, more than any other contestant, that is how much he wanted to succeed. And he did. Plus he is going to be part of the touring DWTS group this summer. Good for him.

LOL,am way past that stage of life. Had a couple "moments in the sun", when others stopped dancing to watch & applaud, but that was the guy who really knew how.....I am a great follower....lol

I've worked summer stock. I love watching people dance. Sometimes I can get into the show, but not always. My ex father in law taught square dancing and I couldn't even manage to do that. And THEY TELL you what to do. LOL

The only time I looked good dancing was at my dad's retirement party when I danced with my brother's partner. He was a lead dancer with the LA Ballet company. But then again, how hard is it to NOT look good with a leader like that?

I loved David Ross as well but it is odd to have 2 professional athletes as finalists. As much as we want to believe these are reality shows, they are also scripted to a certain extent. While ABC can't control the voting, they can control the judges' narrative and that has been used in the past to sway voters or sway the final couples.

It was pretty obvious Rashad and Emma were the rooting couple. I'm just surprised they didn't have someone else end up being 2nd with David 3rd or 4th.

Actually, Heather, the judges told Normani she was "born to win this contest" on finals night. That she came in 3rd was a surprise to me as I expected that place to go to David. Still, even if the couple I root for doesn't win, it is always a good show.

Just think, with that much training we could all dance like Ginger Rogers!

You reminded me of a quote from Ginger Rogers...."I did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in high heels". LOL

Back