Dancing With the Stars - Season 20

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ABC has announced the list of competitors, and the dance pros who will be their partners. Outside of Suzanne Somers and Patti LaBelle....don't know any of them.

Noah Galloway with Sharna Burgess
Robert Herjavec with Kym Johnson
Patti LaBelle with Artem Chigvintsev
Nastia Liukin with Derek Hough
Riker Lynch with Allison Holker
Charlotte McKinney with Keo Motsepe
RedFoo with Emma Slater
Michael Sam with Peta Murgatroyd
Willow Shields with Mark Ballas
Suzanne Somers with Tony Dovolani
Rumer Willis with Valentin Chmerkovskiy

But here is the news about Noah Galloway......who lost his arm above the elbow, and his left leg while serving in Iraq. And is determined to show everyone how he overcame all the odds....and is on the ballroom floor now. :)

The stars are, to me, actually the pro dancers. However, this year there are a whole slew of new ones. And while Derek Hough (who is fantastic) was planning on taking this season off to do something else, he is very last minute, having been asked, and it somehow got arranged just two day ago.
It is difficult for stars to commit to this show, as they really have to devote at least 8 weeks, every single day, because of rehearsals, the show itself, etc. Sometimes they have to learn 2 different routines for one show, and even 3, though that doesn't happen til near the end of the season.

I don't think it is as popular as it once was.....mostly because they cannot seem to be able to get well-known celebs. Sure, they explain who everyone is, and every once in a while manage to snag some old timer (like Florence Henderson, or Chong (of Cheech & Chong) who manage to draw in some viewers, just to see how they do. Some contestants are fun to watch, like Jerry Springer was, lol. But, you can tell people will skip weeks, etc. Plus, the show used to be on twice a week, and now it is just once. And then the judges were always fun, but one is finally leaving, plus some favored pros are gone as well. No different that populating your fav soap with all new characters, which many times is a downer.

Ryker Lynch occasionally has appeared on the show Glee and a member of the band R5 made up of his 2 younger brothers and younger sister and a family friend. He is also a cousin to Derek Hough one of the professional dancers on the show.

His brother Ross stars on the Disney show Austin and Alley.

I'm surprised they didn't sign Ross instead of Riker. He would fit the Disney Channel star profile.

As for Nastia, I've never been a fan but through the grapevine I've heard that she has been trying to get on the show for years and they chose Shawn Johnson over her. Nastia won her Gold Medal in 2008. The fact that she is only now on the show tells me they are getting a little desperate. Since she is paired with Derek, she'll probably be the heir apparent for the Mirror Ball trophy.

Rumor Willis is interesting if it gets her parents to the ballroom.

Read an interview with Tom Berrenger, the host, and also a small article in TV Guide about how DWTS is a must see for it's 10 year anniversary.

The TV Guide article laughed a bit about the lack of real stars, but says it is fun to see someone climb up and improve every week, while rooting for the likes of Patti LaBelle & Suzanne Somers.

Tom B. said the most dramatic moment for him was when Marie Osmond fainted, just collapsed suddenly right next to him. He said Chong got into the semi-finals last season, and muttered to him "Another week in jail", lol. He also mentioned this being Len's last season, but was hoping he could be talked into what he did last year, when he was gone 4 or 5 weeks, and they got subs, or just went with the 3 other judges alone. He said he really missed Len not being there those times, and the show just lacks something when he isn't there.
And just an aside from me.....I think I would rather have Maks as that 4th judge, than Julianne Hough.

Very pleasantly surprised by Rumor Willis and Robert Herjavec

RedFoo is fun but I don't think he will last long

I think Suzanne Somers may get halfway but Patti LaBelle won't

Nastia and Derek no surprise whatsoever

Noah Galloway had me in tears

@Heather, I had all the same thoughts as you. Exactly.
I will say, that with so many contestants that I never heard of (and I haven't) plus many new dance pros.....I figured I would maybe not watch this season....but, got drawn in.

I do like that while the judges were so encouraging to all the contestants, they were fair in their grades.

Show was great!!! Except for Julianne and her annoying analysis!! Mute button for sure. Poor Emma stuck with another loser!!! And I am hoping the crazy hair guy and the boob girl are gone after the 2nd and third week!! Loved the Vet, Rumer and the gymnasts. Patty LaBelle rocked it. I think it will be a good season as soon as they weed out the annoying "stars"!

Oh I forgot about Riker. Not sure if he is a ringer but I predict he will be in the finals.

Nastia's personality is going to hurt her. There is a reason why she hasn't been on until now. She won her Gold Medal 7 years ago. Shawn Johnson has been on twice.

I predict the model will be the first one noted off the island.

Heather, you were right about the model/actress...

My first-week picks are holding well. :)

Robert Herjavek and Kym Johnson appear to be a number... they both could do worse. :love:

Well Redfoo beat her to it

That Argentine tango from Noah and Sharna was amazing

Not enjoying the extra skimpy costumes on the female pros this season

Gosh, missed the show last night, first time in years. But honestly, the contestants really do not have me rooting for anyone, so I never even thought about it. Siggghhh.

Back