Dancing with the Stars - Sept. 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess I just am really oblivious or something, but ABC just announced the first "star" for the upcoming season - Bindi Irwin. Well, I never heard of her, no idea. So I googled and learned she is the 17 yr. old daughter of Steve Irwin, known better as the Crocodile Hunter. Honestly cannot find any reason she is a "star", but, what do I know?

ABC has done a really good job of preventing snitches this season. Usually the entire cast is revealed beforehand give or take 1 person.

I think Bindi would be great. She'll probably be paired with Mark Ballas.

Never heard of her. Have heard of her dad, but then, never watched Crocodile Hunter. Still don't consider her a star, or even a celebrity.

I think her show was targeted to kids so she may be considered a celebrity to kids

If you think about it, it's really no different than Bristol Palin or that YouTube host Bethany Mota.

I have read some articles/reviews that have noted and talked of the fact that the show rarely gets "stars" per se. They may get someone who has perhaps been in the news, but mostly now, whoever they get, no one ever heard of them. Admittedly, by the end of a season, the unknowns have become more known. And, have even won.

I think it's been a mixture the past couple seasons. They do a good job of pulling in celebrities for different walks of life so not everyone may be familiar with everybody initially.

The cast is usually typecast: 2-3 athletes, the Disney star, maybe a singer, someone who has been in the news, a baby boomer actor/actress, etc

Oh goodness, I thought everyone knew the Crocodile Hunter... get out from under that rock, Poirot! haha, I'm kidding. But I can't see his name without saying "CROIKEY!"... or "One should never ever do this...OUCH! BOY THAT HURT! That's why you don't do that."...

Oh- her dad was hilarious. God, rest his soul!

And Bindi is darling, I can't wait to see her dance. Sweet girl.

I love Bindi. She had her own show as a child, Bindi the Jungle Girl. Her dad was going to be on it with her. It only lasted one season I think. I remember when she was born, they had her on her dad's show. They were sure she was going to be a boy.

Hey, Steve Irwin died 9 years ago, and I never watched the show.....well once, for about 5 minutes. Not my cup o tea. No reason I would even know he even had a daughter.

I watched the first couple of years that Dancing With the Stars was on. It seems as the seasons went on, the "stars" went from A list , to B list, to C list, to "who the heck is that" list and "didn't know that he/she was still living" list.

The only time that I watched the show in the last few years was when Hines Ward (retired Pittsburgh Steeler, now a football commentator ) was on.

I watch because I like dancing, but I will confess I watch the pros mostly, as don't know most. Some of the contestants were fun, Apollo, that race car champ, Noah Galloway (the vet who lost an arm & a leg and was just fabulous.........) And now, several of the pros have left, so am not even attracted to watching for them either. LOL

ABC is evidently rolling out the names of the new group slowly, one day at a time. Joining Bindi will be the jockey who rode American Pharoh to the win in the Derby, Victor Espinoza. And also Nick Carter, who is evidently a member of the Backstreet Boys.

LOL, Heather, you are on the money with selections, so far. Ha.

Well I know Nick and Bindi. Victor sounds familar ..so far meh. My favorite Backstreet Boy was Howie LOL

I agree about the pros but my favorites are going :( no Maks, no Cheryl...thank goodness Val is still there.

Last edited:
And Mark! Derek, too. ......and I do agree about Maks & Cheryl. Maybe they are just taking a rest, as it has to be hard to be constantly coming up with new routines, especially at the beginning when perhaps the contestants have 2 left feet, or no sense of rhythm, or even just are not able to do some of the movements....(short of breath, easily out of energy, etc.)

And now Hayes Grier (whoever he is) has been announced, even did it himself on social media I understand. (a teen, so it says)

Is that for sure? As I saw something about "should Dancing really be courting Paula Deen?" Well, at least I know her. Ha.

Back