Daniel and Chloe, then and now

Discussion in 'Daily Days' started by SarahBeth, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahBeth Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    So I watched Fridays show over the weekend. I was thoroughly disgusted with Daniel and his complete lack of understanding or acknowledgement of his part of the responsibility in the destruction of his and Chloe's marraige. Then I came on here to comment and was frustrated that the two threads discussing it were closed and I still have to comment especially after watching the video cityhunter posted of Chloe confronting Daniel about Carly. I completely agree that Daniel is a self centered jerk who thinks he does not wrong, puts all blame on Chloe, and tears her to shreds while completely forgiving others. Fridays episode was as if the writers went back and did a copy/paste from those scene's years ago adding a couple of edits. I felt like I was watching a total replay of the old scene's complete with Dr GropeyDoNoWrong acting like a self righteous victim.

I still hope Chloe finds a way to stick it to Daniel since he still feels he did nothing wrong. He better not be awarded a child with the way he so easily forgave Jenn for lying to Chloe about where they were. He better not get back with Jenn since she can't even be a mother to her own son. I gotta say I didn't think it was possible to hate a couple worse than I did when Daniel was going after Chloe when she was with Lucas. But the current coupling of Daniel and Jenn and the even sicker Sami and EJ proved that theory wrong.
  2. Daysdegrassi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I want Chloe to return as a changed woman (for real this time) and let her be with Brady, as he will need someone after the Kristen mess
    katmouse appreciates this.
  3. SarahBeth Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I think the best story would have been Chloe coming back with Parker and Daniel realizing he threw his own baby out with the trash and coming to an understanding of how he and Chloe were manipulated. Then Daniel gravitating back to Chloe and Parker to become the family they should have been. It could have been done very dramatically. Instead we got an instant replay with a few edits. Daniel talking over Chloe and dismissing her feelings. As bad as Chloe been Daniel doesn't deserve an ounce of her love and neither he or Jenn deserve an ounce of happiness.
  4. cityhunter Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    We're not supposed to remember that.We're supposed to forget the hell Daniel put Chloe through with his emoional affair with Carly,that he failed her and completly ignored her when she came to him with her insecurities.
    Unbelievable how today,they had Chloe say that she will prove her words with actions,but Daniel never proved his with actions.All the time he claimed that there was nothing between Carly and him yet his actions showed otherwise.
    I think that they brought Chloe back for one purpose:Give Parker to Daniel and Jennifer.They destroyed Chloe to try to not make their pet couple look bad when they get the kid,this sl has been a slap to the face of Nadia and Chloe's fans
  5. Poirot Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Am sure the show will get a lot of flak if Daniel & Jennifer reunite and get Parker besides. Jennifer has ignored her own son for how long....and we just heard her telling her mom she wanted to spend more time with JJ. Yeah, right.
    Whatever Chloe's decisions are, I honestly hope JJ comes to Salem, and tells his mom off about her neglect, about how quickly she moved on after his father died, which showed a great lack of respect. And boy, if Parker is around, JJ could, in addition, give her a hard time about trying to "mother" or "befriend" the child, when she cannot even do it for her own children.

As to Chloe & Daniel......I have echoed SaraBeth's comments in those closed threads, so will not do so again.
  6. RockfordFosgate Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Yes, Daniel holds some responsibility for what lead to Chloe's cheating. He did ignore her distress, he viewed the false pregnancy as "her problem" not "their problem", he made decisions about therapy for her without consulting her, he didn't balance his time well between Chloe, Melanie, and Carly (his time should have been most limited with Carly), he put Carly's distress above Chloe's as he thought he had "handled" Chloe's situation. He made decisions that affected them both without discussion or input from her, like moving Carly into the apartment. Daniel let that habit of talking over Chloe, assuming he knew what was best, take over and rule his interactions with her. Perhaps that's what happens when the relationship is based solely on lust. :confused: Because their "connection" was not soul mates or true love, it was a grope in the doctor's office and tawdry sex at engagement parties.

Even now, Daniel never put his foot down or attempted to be direct with Chloe about her behavior or about anything Jennifer told him. I don't know if he didn't want to rock the boat because he didn't want to get into a bitter custody battle or if he didn't believe Jennifer or didn't want to deal with (I've I don't acknowledge it, it isn't real). Who knows. But I still can't use Daniel's behavior to justify Chloe's cheating nor any of her actions now. She made bad decisions and she's responsible for her own behavior.

@cityhunter, in no way has anything made Dan/Jenn look "good". They may be the intended couple of the writers, but they haven't made it through this (or the Jack debacle) without major damage. Jenn has been reduced to a shrieking shrew, a horrible schemer, and downright cruel throughout this whole storyline. Daniel has come out like a jerk, an idiot, and a man of inaction until he's slapped in the face with the truth. I'd call him Hamlet, but that's an insult to Hamlet and to Shakespeare. Before Chloe, before Jack came back...Dan/Jenn were fine in my book. They were taking things slow, not rushing into bed, and it was about them moving on from damaged relationships (doesn't really matter who was at fault in those past relationships as the storyline between Dan/Jenn at that time was not about the past but moving forward). I could get behind that. Now, no. And Parker shouldn't be some "prize" for anyone in this storyline.

As far as Daniel taking responsibility for his part in his relationship with Chloe, I do remember him half-heartedly attempting to in a conversation with Jennifer (before Jack came back), and Jennifer brushed it aside and put all the blame on Chloe. I think the combo of Maggie and Jenn squash any type of character growth or self-reflection right out of Daniel.
  7. RockfordFosgate Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Just because Chloe had the false assumption (based on others' manipulation) that Daniel and Carly were sleeping together, his supposed cheating doesn't instantly into him dumping her. Many people cheat and carry on affairs while still having relationships, staying married to their spouses. Your trying to have Chloe instantly infer Daniel's intent to end their relationship from an affair that wasn't actually happening. The problem with that is she's inferring ALL of it and you're justifying her ensuing actions even though those actions are morally wrong. Example: My Hubby comes home from work late several days in a row, seems distracted, gets mysterious phone calls or texts, a mutual friend says Hubby was with another woman at a restaurant. I can infer he's cheating. I can go have "comfort sex" with an ex. But in reality, he's planning a surprise birthday party for me and the woman he met with was actually a party planner. See...inferring does not justify my actions and I'm still morally wrong...and it's still considered cheating.

Last sentence...close to poster bashing with the amnesiac comment, but I get what you're saying. The writers have skipped over important details about the male characters' flaws to make the women the ones who are in the wrong, not just Chloe, but also Jenn, and Sami (but that's a different topic).

Again, Daniel is no saint and one or two sporadic efforts he attempted to accept even partial responsibility were instantly squashed by the overbearing women in his life, Maggie and Jennifer. It's sad and pathetic the writers want us to think Jennifer loves a man but feels so driven to handle his decision making on everything from Nicole to the tremor treatment to Chloe, claiming she's saving himself from his "trusting nature". That's not love; that's control. Add Maggie into the mix and it's almost like Daniel has two women smothering him with obsessive mothering.
    Just Samantha, Daysdegrassi and koalat53 appreciate this.
  8. SarahBeth Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Chloe absolutely was wrong for the one night stand. But Daniel showed no understanding of how she was manipulated into believing he had been sleeping with the woman he moved into her home and stuck to like glue. He hasn't shown an ounce of sympathy that this happened as she went through and was dealing with the hysterical pregnancy. These are things he should be able to look back at retrospectively and realize how he ignored what was happening with his own wife. And the gorilla in the room is that he hasn't for a moment wanted to kick himself in the head for throwing his baby out. He excoriates Chloe for her actions yet can't take responsibility for what he did to his own child. And yes Rockford the one time he started to say he may have some responsibility Jenn cut him off and told him it was all Chloe's fault and he's just perfect. And how the hell would Jenn know since she was not around then to see what Daniel, Carly, and Vivian put Chloe through. Chloe said the same things to him back then that she said Friday and it still didn't penetrate his thick skull.
  9. Noel Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    This storyline with Chloe was completed one sided: Chloe an evil witch and DrDanTan a perfect man. They destroyed Chloe to prop up a romance most viewers are either ambivalent or opposed. :confused:
  10. KathyLu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Your entire post was excellent, Rocky, but this part really stood out for me. :clap:
  11. TheWriter Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I do agree that Chloe was very wrong to cheat on Daniel. In fact, on Days in general, I find many of the characters easily cheat now. Chloe on Daniel, Kate on Stefano (even though I never really got them together), Sami (well, let's not go there), etc. So Chloe cheated on Daniel, but why is she the one that has to pay so dearly ? Again, Saint Dan and Saint Jen Jen can do no wrong, so one mistake from a character like Chloe gets blown wayyyyyyy out of proportion, while their own mistakes (and there are plenty of those) are swept under the now Mount Everest rug. Yesterday, while watching Chloe grovel in front of Queen Jen and King Dan, I could see Nicole doing the same thing a few months ago, and I was going : Here we go again. :rolleyes: Sure, Chloe was very wrong, but what about Daniel ? Like SarahBeth says, he nevers acknowledges anything. Same with Nicole. She was very wrong to lie, but what about Jen's harrassment ? Seriously, I hate what these writers have to do to make this horrible couple happen. :mad:
  12. tropical breeze Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    The writers have really messed up with these 3 charactors.. I do not think there is really any way of saving them.. At least Chloe gets to leave and go have a life with her son and does not have to be around the Do no wrong Doc and the Hag Jen... wish they would leave not Chloe... Really hate the way they are making Chloe gravel to those two ugly/do no wrong people...
  13. cityhunter Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Don't you think that if Daniel hadn't done all the things above,Chloe wouldn't have thought that he dumped her and had comfort sex? I sure do, that's why I blame him for what happened.Daniel thinks that he's actions have no consequences.Yet his behavior started all this mess and his behavior backfired.
    They're trying to make Daniel look like the poor blameless innocent victim of the devil Chloe, saying that Chloe's drunken one night stand is what caused all the mess,totally ignoring what started all this mess leading to Chloe's drunken one night stand.
    For me Daniel and Jennifer were never fine,because barely a few days after the reveal,Daniel was over Chloe,didn't give Chloe or Parker another thought,hit on Jennifer,signed his rights away to Philip without trying to talk and works things out with Chloe and having a 2nd paternity test to be sure that he's not the father.Chloe is the woman Daniel claimed was the love of his life,that's the excuse he used to justify him harrassing her while she was with Lucas.The way Daniel switched his feelings ,how fast he's done it made him lose all credibility,especially since very fast he started making the same declarations and promises of undying and unconditional love to Jennifer that he did to Chloe.You don't get over a love like the one he claimed to feel for Chloe just like that.He didn't even struggle between his so called pain and love.Not one flashback,not one tear,nothing.His behavior after the reveal simply proved that he NEVER loved Chloe or Parker.That's why Him claiming that Jennifer is the one for him is as believable as Parke possibly being Brady's for example.Daniel's hypocrisy,cruaulty,selfishness made him untolerable,The way they threw Chloe and Jack under the bus for him and the joke of a couple that Jennifer and him are made them unwatchable.Like I said only amnesic people and new viewers would fall for the writers crap that Chloe is the devil and Daniel the poor blamless innocent victim.
    DANIEL DOESN’T LOVE ME ANYMORE.THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD HAS HIS HEART…Well that says that Chloe thought that she lost him.And why wouldn’t she? He chose Carly over her for months,put Carly’s feelings and needs above hers for months.So why wouldn’t she think that he finally dumped her for Carly? He had an emotional affair with Carly.Chloe had every reason to think that it was over.And when it’s over,it’s not cheating.
    SarahBeth appreciates this.
  14. SarahBeth Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I agree cityhunter. Had Daniel been there for Chloe through the hysterical pregnancy he would have given Chloe no reason to doubt his commitment to her. Actions speak louder than words and no amount of verbal reassurance can make a difference when a man moves another woman into his home, leaves to work with her, comes home with her, and has family dates with her and their child from an affair. And what is more mind boggling is on Fridays when Chloe brought up how he forgave Carly for hiding his child for 20 years and his over involvement with her he had to nerve to say "we were still having sex" as if that would show her he is committed to only her. What the hell was that all about? Most men who have affairs still get it on with their wives regularly unless she shuts him out. Chloe didn't shut Daniel out. And Chloe knows that Daniel has no qualms about having sex with a woman who is in an active sexual relationship with a fiance/husband. I've heard some really stupid things said on Days but "we still were having sex" tops them all in level of completely idiotic.
    halfpintwendy and TheWriter appreciate this.
  15. RockfordFosgate Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    It wasn't officially over. Sorry, I don't buy that. It WAS cheating. Even if (and that's a big if) it was over in her mind, it was still cheating until they BOTH were aware of it being over. Like I gave in my example, inferring something doesn't absolve her from responsibility of her own actions. Period.

And deleting your post only to copy/paste and add to it? It looks like I commented twice in a row, when my post # 7 is in response to your original post. Deleting/moving things disrupts the flow of the conversation. You simply could have made a new comment with the additional few sentences instead of deleting/moving your post. I'm confused...
    Daysdegrassi appreciates this.
  16. Just Samantha Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    cityhunter's post (that you replied to) had been deleted by me, for reasons known to him.
    Daysdegrassi, meldrel and RockfordFosgate appreciate this.
  17. RockfordFosgate Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I totally get what you're saying and I do agree. But from the stereotypical male perspective (which Daniel is very much the stereotypical male), sex is action. It's more than the verbal reassurances he was giving her. In his mind, that shows he was still committed to the relationship with Chloe because he was physically affectionate with her and that that action should have made her feel assured of the relationship's status. Notice, I said "in his mind"; I don't agree that sex is enough to make her feel secure about their relationship. He definitely neglected her mental and emotional stability. But I do understand the perspective he presented.

Also, I like your sentence...."Most men who have affairs still get it on with their wives regularly..." because it reiterates the point that his relationship with Chloe might not have been over, that many men carry on affairs and still remain in relationships with their wives. Just because a man cheats, it doesn't mean the marriage is over in his mind.
    Daysdegrassi appreciates this.
  18. RockfordFosgate Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Thanks, JS. I was confused. I didn't see anything different about it other than the added sentences. I was scratching my head for a minute.
    Daysdegrassi and Just Samantha appreciate this.
  19. katmouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    A lot of us scratch our heads lately watching the show
    Noel, ktspirit, Daysdegrassi and 2 others appreciate this.
  20. SarahBeth Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:

And I love your comment about the way Daniel saw things in his mind because it points out his complete hypocrisy. If Daniel wanted Chloe to really see, believe and understand his point of view then as a husband he was required to really, see, believe, and understand the way Chloe saw things in her mind. Then they both could have come to an agreement to listen, respect and be committed to each other. But Daniel wanted a stepford wife who did whatever he wanted and had no opinion about anything.
    halfpintwendy, RockfordFosgate and TheWriter appreciate this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.