Daniel's death

@gramcracker....Daniel was a fine doctor, and if the writers would have just left it at that, I don't think there would be as much negativity towards the character. But, they made him Maggie's egg baby in a far fetched story, then the father of Melanie, a rather intimate exam of Chloe's lymph glands in the hospital, a seduction of the same Chloe at her engagement party, father figure & mentor to JJ, and to Abby, belated father to Parker, detective, lab tech, lab researcher, surgeon extroardinaire , (heart transplant in prison infirmary???) and there is so much more, but it all put the character on screen more than than a doctor at Salem Hospital should have been. This is apparent by his number of appearances ranking (which Jason 47 does).

Thus, so much extra screen time in other areas/jobs took away from what should have been perhaps, John, Rafe, Eric, Kayla, Roman....all of whom were rarely seen.
The previous writing team just loved the character, so wrote for that character, while ignoring many others.

Did not bother me in the least. Melanie is a character that just.......well let's say once she got connected to Dr. Dan, was ruined for me.

But, let me say that there are a lot of scenes that have been cut so perhaps, originally, she may have had more than what we saw.

Here you go, soaphead!

th

@gramcracker....Daniel was a fine doctor, and if the writers would have just left it at that, I don't think there would be as much negativity towards the character. But, they made him Maggie's egg baby in a far fetched story, then the father of Melanie, a rather intimate exam of Chloe's lymph glands in the hospital, a seduction of the same Chloe at her engagement party, father figure & mentor to JJ, and to Abby, belated father to Parker, detective, lab tech, lab researcher, surgeon extroardinaire , (heart transplant in prison infirmary???) and there is so much more, but it all put the character on screen more than than a doctor at Salem Hospital should have been. This is apparent by his number of appearances ranking (which Jason 47 does).

Thus, so much extra screen time in other areas/jobs took away from what should have been perhaps, John, Rafe, Eric, Kayla, Roman....all of whom were rarely seen.
The previous writing team just loved the character, so wrote for that character, while ignoring many others.
This may all be true. Years ago I wrote to TVGuide complaining about Eileen Davidson (Kristen) playing 5 parts and taking all that time from other actors. Got two anonymous letters (my address was not published) slamming me, saying she was a wonderful actress blah, blah, blah. I still like him!

Back