Day of Days promo

OK, so I'm going to confess I didn't know Deidre Hall ever played anyone other than Marlena. But I am also going to admit I like her better as Hattie lol. But, and this is a big but, the Hattie in the old clip is the Hattie I like. The preview for what's to come acts and sounds like Marlena. Deidre Hall (Marlena) is going to have to slip more into the Hattie character than that.

Deidre Hall (Marlena) also played her dead sister, Samantha Evans, in an episode. Marlena was hospitalized and either unconscious or out of it, and was dreaming of a conversation with Samantha.

Don't forget the four Marlena clones created by Stefano. But I don't think they spoke.

Originally, Hattie was played by Diedre Hall's (Marlena) twin sister, and during that storyline was "worked on" by Rolf to change her appearance with plastic surgery, also her teeth....so she would look like that "radio lady". Marlena had this talk show on radio at the time. The filming was done during summer vacation, as Diedre's sister(Andrea) is a teacher....but at other times of the year, she is working her own job, guess that is why Diedre did it last time.

images
379d88a7f1067c731e72cd26a3f07334.jpg

Last edited:
If you look at the photos from Deidre Hall's (Marlena) Hollywood star ceremony, she and her sister look very different now than they did a few years ago. Her sister has put on some weight so I think it would be hard for her to play Hattie since she is supposed to be a Marlena look-alike.

Oh, I know they no longer look alike any more. Deidre Hall (Marlena) did a video thing from her home last year or maybe 2 yrs. ago, and her sister was there, you could hear her voice, as they talked back and forth a few times, but never once was she in the video. And really, it was just Deidre sitting in a chair, & would not have mattered. I think at one point Andrea asked where to find some necklace, and it was upstairs in the dresser drawer in Deidre's bedroom. LOL

If acting is not your thing, like Andrea Hall Gengler (Hattie), then I can understand her reticence to be filmed opposite her star sister. Deidre Hall (Marlena) has been open about her emphasis on looking younger as long as possible.

Hattie is an interesting choice. I wonder if this has to do with giving Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie) screen time during Drake Hogestyn (John)'s absence.
I had the same thought. Very clever of them, and nicely unexpected. I am looking forward to Deidre Hall's (Marlena, Hattie) portrayal of Hattie. She is always fun, but she's a hoot in other roles.
Don't forget the four Marlena clones created by Stefano. But I don't think they spoke.
We should also not forget the many times Marlena has been not-exactly-herself, like when she was possessed (I'm sure that was a hoot for Deidre), or when she was the Salem Stalker (it made so much sense when it was revealed that she was hypnotised, since she was acting so un-Marlena-like).

Back