Days 9/19/16

Yeah. Why is Claire so calm and nonchalant about the escaped convicts?
Because she's Claire the brilliant singer who knows it all at age 18. She knows more than her parents, Chloe, Philip, and all the boring professors at Salem U. What do they have to say that she needs to hear? After all, she's a YouTube sensation who hasn't earned a dime in the music business except for the pennies she's picked up fetching Chloe's dry cleaning and coffee. That said, during the great Orpheus-Clyde-Xander scare, maybe Deimos should offer Claire the hospitality of the K-mansion. After she joins the small army of refugees there, she and Deimos could form a cabaret act -- he plays the piano and she sings. Chloe and Nicole could be the back-up performers just like Bette Midler's group, the Harlettes. Nicole could also play the ocarina while Chloe wows the audience with her kazoo.

Another teen bratty moment. Of course, Dario fits right in with that mentality as well.

Claire, let me hand you the clue phone. Standing there all bug eyed and saying 'but how come the grown ups get to go out and I have to stay in and be treated like a child?'

Clue No. 1 you are a child, petulant and whiny demanding grownups give you whatever you want. You only smile when the adults cave. Otherwise you storm off and sulk. Get over it.

Clue No. 2 you just defied your grandmother and used the word 'hell' on top of it.

I almost cheered when Marlena said, "our house, our rules!"

Downside of Marlena is that she is so politically correct. Claire just stands there and nods and we know she doesn't mean it.

I had a shirt when my girls were younger. It read "I'm the mommy, that's why!"

Quit letting these kids get away this behavior.

Claire is a twit. They should have left her 16 and in high school, her behaviour is more appropriate for that than a college student. Also its kind of bad when I'm hoping that the Baddies do take her hostage. I'm sure that's not the intention of the show.

I understand why Chloe doesn't want to move into the Kmansion but that would capitalize on her and Philip's chemistry, because they'd have to share a room to keep the ruse going. It's classic soap opera (also classic Mills & Boon style romance).

Paul is the son to John that Brady should have been.

NOTE: Mills and Boon is a line of romance novels, mainly published in England - JS

Sorry! I thought they were from the US... Harlequin might be the US equivalent? Trashy romance novels basically!

Last edited:
Looks to me like (as an actor put it in an interview) the natives are circling the wagons. Gathering together to ward off attacks where they could possibly be picked off individually. Philip noted it seems like a small army out there (around the Kmansion).

Going to be interesting. The conniving convicts just may get a surprise of two. They decided to band together, work as a team.....but their targets seem to be doing the same. it's WAR.

Correct she has called Marlena "Grandma" several times. It's Hope that she never acknowledges in person though she does call her Grandma Hope in scenes with others.

I also didn't like Marlena referring to John as John instead of Grandpa or your Grandpa. That would have been more appropriate.

I almost cheered when Marlena said, "our house, our rules!"

I was half expecting Claire to say she was moving in with Grandma Hope. I still wouldn't put it past her.

Paul is the son to John that Brady should have been.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I really like Paul as a character. I do not like Paul as John's fabricated son. I wish they would fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed Heather. I did not like that Marlena used John instead of Grampa. I don't understand why they are glossing over the fact he's a grandfather. Jeesh! Sooo dumb.:whack:

Oh wow, you gals are good I caught that as well too, about Marlena referring to John as "John" to Claire. It's not natural no! In real life those type of situations would only happen is if John was like the step-grandfather, not the biological.

Gotta say, bugs me too that Hope is never called Gramma in person......but since Days does this "one take" rule, and no rehearsal, maybe Marlena just slipped up, calling him John......

Heck, when you watch a blooper, you see these serious faces saying lines, flubbing, and bursting out laughing. Nowadays, they have to plug on! LOL

The other day, Chad was talking to Sonny, and made some remark to the effect he would not recognize straight, it was something about "straight". Sonny smiled....and later Billy Flynn (Chad) tweeted that the line was an adlib on his part. See. Sonny knew that, grinned, but continued on. In the old days, he would have burst out laughing, Cut, redo the scene. LOL

Back