DAYS is moving to 12pm in NYC area

I'm pretty sure the local affiliates can put Days and the 4th hour of Today in whatever slots work best for them (within a designated time period).
Sometimes, not even. Popular shows can be used as "sledgehammers" from the network - show it when we say, or you don't get it; the less popular the show, the less the network cares. Right now Days airs anyway from 12/11 Central to 5/4 Central.

I've been in and out of urgent care all day but I saw a number of tweets today saying she was taking over the 3rd hour of the The Today Show. I didn't click through any of them to read the articles though.
The third hour of the Today show airs at 9:00 am on the east coast (live) in most areas. It's hosted by Al Roker and Tamron Hall (with different celebrity co-hosts). So unless Today is totally revamping that third hour, something seems off in those headlines. And Hoda and Kathie Lee host the boozy fourth hour at 10:00, although many local affiliates air it at a later time.

Apparently the report I saw was by a reliable daytime tv reporter even though NBC hasn't confirmed. I think the 3rd hour of Today has been a mess for the past year or so. They've gone through a number of co-hosts. And it seems like a lot of repeat of the first 2 hours with some added fluff. When I watched during the Olympics, they would interview the same athletes who were on earlier in the show. Today would be a good lead in for the type of content Megyn Kelly is going to have on her show.

As an aside, I noticed that the commercial that's been airing here in NY for the time change is from the local affiliate WNBC, not from NBC.

I also wonder if Kathie Lee may be gearing up to retire. She is a recent widow and I think her kids no longer live in NY. It may not be an immediate thing but I could see it happening in the next year or 2 and then Hoda can be moved up to the regular Today Show broadcast. Perhaps that 4th hour will go away entirely or if Megyn does well, she will get 2 hours.

To this day, I think nothing beats the chemistry Kathie Lee had with Regis. She and Hoda are good together but it's not the same dynamic.

Back