Days of Lives - Fri., July 14, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 14, 2017

Abby fingers the money she found under the bed, as the towel clad Dario comes out of the bathroom. She asks what this is, he says it is profits from the club the other nite, he was in such a hurry to get to party, did not get to bank. She says, but you closed the club early as no customers, he counters with the club had a few good nights. She leaves for work, someone can't find a file. At the cop shop, she asks a cop "who owes her" a favor, needs a listening device. He is hesitant, she says it is important, and she did fix all those invoices for him so he got his expense money back. He gives in. She goes to Dario's office, finally planting the device on the side of the desk, (where one cannot miss it if standing on that side). In walks Dario, of course, what is she doing there. She claims she brought him lunch, he says the serve food here, she says but in case the INS is watching what we do, it looks good.

Nicole is trying to decide if she will tell Brady or not, she does not want to lie to him, but doesn't want to upset him. Eric presses her to tell him whether she is, or not. She hesitates, ponders, is thinking, weighing options, and in comes Brady. What is going on. She grapples for words, finally blurts out that she remembered something from the Halo night, gropes for words, finally saying she & Eric kissed. She just remembered this morning. Brady is angry, don't touch me, takes off. She goes after him, and at home again tries explaining, begging him to just listen to her. He really is not saying anything, but stays put long enough for her to haltingly tell about both of them seeing Daniel, both being asked to forgive Eric, she promises to try, puts her arms around Daniel, kisses him, only it wasn't Daniel. Brady is listening, and seems to be understanding this. (gee, think maybe he recalls that dream that had him racing off to CA for Daniel's friend Summer, save her, etc. etc?) Nicole has been groveling, now is so grateful, loves him so much, caresses his face, has missed him. Maggie has Tate at the playground, no one home. She takes his hand, they leave the room.

Steve is at the Pub, where Kayla is working, filling in for Roman. They talk of her suspension, Steve is going to investigate, she has not made a single error in years, and then THREE in a short time? He leaves.

Tripp is talking to Jade, demanding she tell him what she meant about Kayla did not....Jade covers, says Kayla is a terrible person, treated her like dirt, she hates her, blah, blah. But if she is now suspended, and probably going to lose her medical license, then Tripp should do no more, has done enough, she doesn't want him to get caught in the mess. She is babbling about Kayla not wanting her with Joey, Tripp notes this isn't about Joey. They go back and forth, she knows she has to move on, he replies some say best way is with someone new. Kiss, kiss, and kiss again. She breaks it off, he thinks he was going to fast, no, she just wants to take it easy. She tells him about her mother wanting her to go on a trip with her (?), again advises against doing anything else to undermine Kayla.

At the hospital, Steve talks to Nurse Shelley, asking questions about how instructions, etc. are put in computer, learns each doc has own password, anyone else can only read, or input info on patient's condition. Nurse Shelley gets a bit snippy and high handed, commenting that if Kayla had stayed a nurse, none of this would have happened.

Tripp comes into the Pub, orders a burger, wonders why Kayla is there, everything is nice between them, she is talking of losing her medical license, he doubts that will ever happen, he knows she won't. Seems about to spill the beans about what he did, but instead, somehow, the conversation turns to Jade, with Kayla talking of the bad influence she was on Joey, got him doing things he would never have done. Tripp gets ticked, feels Jade is getting a raw deal, that Kayla is talking about Jade the same way everyone around her talks of his mother. He is getting really angry, cancels his burger, leaves

Steve goes back to Pub, tells Kayla he thinks Nurse Shelley might have it in for Kayla. She notes that she did write Shelley up a few months ago for being snippy with the patients. But Shelley just got a talking to, still has her job. Steve thinks perhaps there is a problem there. Kayla mentions Tripp being there, and how ticked off he became when the talk turned to Jade. She also tells Steve she doesn't think Tripp has gotten over the death of Ava yet.

Abby is back in her room, listening to Dario's conversation from the club, he is ordering supplies. She is looking around the room, finds the bag of money Dario put behind the headboard. She takes it out, as she listens to Dario now talking to Myron, about counterfeit money, and hacking into Titan, taking their money. She sits, puts the money back into the bag and behind the headboard. Dario returns, suggests they go have a day at the lake.

She is going to a movie with some gal friends, will take a raincheck on the lake, though. She leaves, calls Andre from the hall. Says he told her to call him if she ever needed help with something and she does. Will he help? Sure, come right over.

I was gonna say Abby is getting the brain finally, but then she calls Andre. Also couldn't she have hidden the bug a little better?

I thought Tripp was gonna confess with Kayla today but man their conversation took a turn pretty quick!! And that nurse is certainly snarky. Being a nurse not good enough for kayla. Oh yeah shame on her for becoming a doctor!

I thought Brady would be a grown up about the kiss but he wasn't. I was happy when he said he was a jack *bleep*. They were drugged! It meant nothing!

Last edited:
Abigail: Nancy Drew she certainly isn't. Could her illegal listening device have been left in a more obvious place? (Wherever he is, expert illegal bugger Nick Fallon must be shaking his head.) And would Nancy ever have asked the likes of Andre for assistance? Her lawyer father, loyal sex-starved boyfriend, and the faithful family maid wouldn't have permitted it.

Snotty Shelly: This one really does have doctor issues. If she really resents the infallible, do-no-wrong doctors, she must really, really have suffered during the reign of the Love Doctor and the tenure of Dr. Fynn "Dingo" Thompson. And like many Salemites, she has no tact or common sense. Nobody should ever make snarky remarks about Kayla in Steve's presence, ever.

Little Trippy: Now he's talking to a photo of Ava? It's too bad somebody couldn't show him some old Ava episodes. He'd be disowning his deranged mother in no time.

Nicole: She really should stop hanging around with that walking rain cloud, Eric. All he does is inflame her guilt and paranoia about her relationship with Brady. The way the poor Ms. Walker was carrying on about "the kiss," it was almost as if she'd have been relieved if somebody told her that she'd killed Deimos instead and was now facing murder charges.

Thanks Poirot.

A very slow episode today.

Kayla stepped into it today when she put down Jade with Tripp. I don't know if he was
going to confess he was the one or not. Now he's on the warpath again.

I'm not surprised Nurse Shelly would be first on Steve's suspect list.

Jade is gone. Jade is gone. Did you hear the good news? Jade is gone

Brady had an odd face when he hugged Nicole at the end. Does he believe her or
is he ticked off she's still thinking about that other guy, Daniel.

Steve is going to investigate, she has not made a single error in years, and then THREE in a short time? He leaves.
Steve is officially the smartest person in Salem.
She tells him about her mother wanting her to go on a trip with her (?),
To clean up Grandma's house, from the beginning of yesterday's episode.
Joey, got him doing things he would never have done.
Horse hockey.
Snotty Shelly
Shelly really needs to go. It's okay to be snippy if you're good at your job, and someone else isn't; but simple logic indicates that something's wrong with this situation. If she is culpable, she needs to fry. Was she even alive when Kayla started med school? I was a child back then.

I am LOVING Steve and Kayla and hating everything else. Again, we have a blow-up to the kiss that literally Brady knew about. Too much to hope he went to the party sober, murdered Deimos, then took some Halod champagne? That way we get rid of him and the tedious Deimos murder.

@JasonD....Jade said her mother wants her to go on a trip with her....she did not mention gramma...that is why I questioned....she made it sound like they were going on vacation...

Things like today are why I don't want Nicole with Brady. Yes he has been there for her a few times, but, in my opinion he has treated her like dirt more times! She had to grovel today over a kiss that she was drugged during. Sheesh Brady, Sonny is only slowly get memories from that night, but yet Nicole is supposed to remember everything? :angry::angry::angry:

The show today was super slow--not at all like a Friday episode, which yesterday's show would've been more suited for, given the cliffhanger. Maybe a pre-emption a few months ago is responsible for this poor timing. In any case, I'm loving Steve and Kayla, and Abigail was good today. I'm also glad that Brady got over what happened with Nicole, and that she was honest with him. Now can we move forward from this horrid storyline and not talk about Daniel anymore?

So Jade is gone. Too bad Tripp couldn't leave as well. At first I thought maybe it could be intriguing with his return. Now he's just a dunce, and unnecessary for the show.

I'm also glad that Brady got over what happened with Nicole, and that she was honest with him.

Nicole should have kept her big mouth shut. Now Brady will watch her like a hawk, (the usual reward for pre-straying behavior.) The only way Nicole can salvage their relationship, would be for her to assiduously avoid contact with Eric. She, of course, will not do that. :rolleyes:

I would like to have the Salem blue shirt franchise. And, while I'm at it, the collar on a new shirt should be ironed before wearing. :rolleyes:

Abby's prints are now on the counterfeit money. Her bug placement was brilliant! When Dario finds it, the cop that lent it to her will have to explain it's expensive loss. :rolleyes:

Steve is going to investigate, she has not made a single error in years, and then THREE in a short time?
Important to note that the errors are all of the exact same type, which is even less likely, per Steve (and logic) for a doctor of Kayla's years. (I'd also add a noticeably small percentage of her overall work has this error, which would also be suspicious.)

Jade said her mother wants her to go on a trip with her
I'm sorry my summary wasn't clear. Jade and her mother are taking a trip to Jade's mother's mother's house, to clean up the recently-departed lady's affairs. She hopes she will reconnect with her mom during this time.

I liked the Jade scenes yesterday at first. Then she whined to Joey. Then she teased Tripp. Such a waste of fresh blood.

I finally watched this episode tonight. I'm glad Brady eventually admitted that he was a jerk but by the time he did, I was already feeling ill from watching Nicole beg him to forgive her. She was not responsible for what the drugs made her do. She shouldn't have had to ask for forgiveness for something she didn't do willingly, let alone beg for it! I almost had to fast forward these scenes.

Back