Days of Lives - Fri., Oct. 6, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 6, 2017

Another slow moving show, with a lot (in my opinion) filler scenes, as Chloe took forever to fill Nicole in on the fact that Eric left the Center because he still loved her, & that Brady ordered Eric to fire Nicole. Nik realizes he did not want Nik to lose a job she loved, so instead gave up a job he loved. She gets an idea, asks Chloe to watch Holly for a few hours, and takes off.

Brady comes home, heads straight for the bar cart, doesn't notice Victor sitting there. Vic is disappointed, knows a lot of drama today, but hates to see Brady giving up his sobriety because of it. Brady admits it is not Nicole, but what he did to Eric that is gnawing at him. Victor comments that he should not feel guilt over HOW HE got the result he wanted.

Chad & Abby sit on the sofa at home, chit chat, small talk, he is cancelling their honeymoon trip to Australia as he figures they should stick around town, she agrees. More cozy conversation, eventually they take off for upstairs, we see Chad unzipping the back of her dress, some nuzzling, then afterglow under the sheets, promising to be husband & wife forever.

Sonny & Paul are asking Marlena to help them with Ben. Want her to talk to him. They appreciate how all he has said has devastated her. John arrives, Paul fills him in the side, as Sonny continues to talk to Marlena, who does agree to talk to Ben., who is brought into the room, makes a few snide comments, sorry for spoiling their day, boys, blah, blah. Marlena goes into the interrogation room with him, Paul tells Sonny to go home and check on his family, he will stay with John, let him know anything that develops.

Out in the park, Gabi & Eli are kissing as Rafe arrives, immediately ripping into Eli, despite Gabi's efforts to shut him up. Rafe goes on and on about Eli taking tha shot at Raines, endangering Gabi, who insists Eli is an excellent marksman. Rafe cares not, Eli put his sis in harm's way, he protects her no matter what. Gabi does her best, but Rafe will not be deterred, until she finally mentions a long day, so much happened, she is tired, etc. Rafe finally leaves, Eli thanks her for sticking up for him. Both talk of their kiss, glad it happened, but agree they should go slow from here on out.
Back to the cop shop, where Rafe got the unwelcome news that Abe found the perfect new partner for him.......Eli Grant. (and we could all see that one coming, right?)

Marlena is alone in the room with the sullen Ben, but Marlena wants to talk about what happened at the church. She mention Will being a good friend to Ben, always kind to him, Ben must have felt bad, etc. She asks how Ben knows Will is alive, silence. Did you see him? No. Did someone tell you?
Silence. Ahh, who told you. A doctor, nurse, another patient? No. A visitor? Silence. So, a visitor, who? No answer. Marlena finally decides she is not going to learn anything further.

Sonny walks into the Kmansion, hearing Brady on the phone with someone, asks what he is doing. Brady claims he he trying to get back all those people Sonny fired, is telling marketing to offer the moon. So, of course, Sonny & Brady get into a huge verbal argument, with Sonny claiming Brady doesn't understand the meaning of the word "temporary". Yes, Brady was put in charge, but Sonny is back now, so Brady can return to his former position now. Back & forth, Victor watches it all. Finally, the boys ask Victor to settle this, exactly WHO is in charge.

Ben is alone in the interrogation room, as Hope comes in, carrying some files. She mention Ben saying a visitor told him Will was alive. Who was it? Ben mumbles, he doesn't remember. Hope opens a file. You don't remember? Sort of hard to believe you don't remember seeing your father.....as she spreads a pic of Clyde in front of him.

Erik comes in, the rainstorm has begun apparently he fixed the roof (sorry but that tiny little tool box just did not cut it for me, lol). He no sooner closes the door, knock, knock. Yep, there stands Nicole. A trifle damp, but of course neither says a word.

Last edited:
promising to be husband & wife forever.

Well if that isn't the kiss of death for a TV/soap relationship I don't know what is forever.

Or:

Until my killed-last-year while-everyone-watched husband comes back from the dead (Will)

My fell-off-a-cliff-onto-a-beach-and-swept-away husband comes back from the dead (Roman)

My wife's-plane-blows-up but she meets me at the pier in the mist (Marlena)

My husband died as a result of a bombing gone bad (?) (Steve/Patch)

I will stop now. It is getting silly, and this isn't counting friends/children and what-nots.

Thanks for watching and writing this up.

Just a few questions.

Why ruin a good thing? Marlena was doing so well teasing information out of Ben, why replace her with Commissioner Hope who has all the charm of an angry grizzly bear.

How low is morale on the Salem P.D.? A detective spot just opened up, but instead of promoting a deserving police officer, Commissioner Hope is suggesting giving the job to a washed-up FBI agent who just happens to be the mayor's girlfriend's son.:angry:

How's morale at Titan? It will be hitting new lows if Victor unleashes self-important Sonny on the employees again. Instead of foisting the power-mad twit on Titan, he ought to have Mr. Big Shot start small by buying him a Salem Big Boy Hamburger franchise. He may not have any food management skills, but at least he looks like the Big Boy.

Does Eric's gloomy personality affect the weather? It never seems to rain in Salem, but no sooner does he move to his farm, than the skies open and Nicole gets drenched. (By the way, do Salemites even own umbrellas?)

Thanks for the summary. I agree, it was a slow show. I did like the Chloe/Nicole/Eric stuff and Marlena visiting Ben. Otherwise, I felt it was sort of ridiculous that Rafe is still so upset at Eli. Why is this dragging so much? Geez.

Thanks, Poirot.

Interesting to learn Ben knew about Will from his dad. Maybe he didn't
remember the visit since Clyde was the master of disguise because Clyde
was wearing a baseball cap.

So Chloe told Nicole everything. Then Nicole left baby Holly behind to find Eric.
Did she drive there or walk? It looked like Eric was trying to figure out how
she got there.

Not a good day for Rafe. He saw Gabi kissing Eli and Hope said that Eli might
be his new partner.

I enjoyed the scenes with Marlena and Ben. He seemed lost today compared
to the day he got to the church just in time.

I don't want to watch Victor warp Brady.

I'm tired of Rafe. I held out as long as I could, but his scenes with Eli/Gabi were too much.

We really didn't learn anything from the Marlena/Ben scenes.

Since the writers aren't paying attention to who's running Titan, why should I care?

Every other scene dragged.

Ron really needs to write some other B and C stories. It seems the A stories are Will, Eric/Brady/Nicole and Chad/Abby. That was the entire week. Everyone else seems to be a secondary character in these stories. Where are Steve and Kayla, the teens, potentially Roman and Kate, Doug's Place stuff, hospital stories, etc. The balance is still missing even thought the writing has improved.

I agree that Rafe's anger was over the top and misplaced. A better story would have been Julie having issues with Gabi and/or Shawn having issues with Rafe and Hope. Much more natural angst that way. Rafe suddenly being angry at Eli of all people makes no sense.

I really don't care about Gabi stil pining over Chad. Move this along please.

Commissioner Hope is suggesting giving the job to a washed-up FBI agent

I think Abe "suggested" it or more accurately voluntold it.

The scenes with Marlena and Ben were fantastic. Rob Wilson (Ben) was doing WORK.

I also liked the Clyde reveal with Hope. That was well done too.

Pop up Eric 56 minutes in to the show

It may be nothing but the close up of Marlena looking at Rafe at the end was interesting. Was it because of Paige? Or some type of foreshadowing? Is he suppressing anger towards Hope? Could Rafe be headed down a darker path with all this sudden anger and perhaps someone not currently in Salem needs to calm him?

I guess Chloe is just another Salemite who draws a blank regarding what is involved in keeping a confidence. :sick:

It may be nothing but the close up of Marlena looking at Rafe at the end was interesting. Was it because of Paige? Or some type of foreshadowing? Is he suppressing anger towards Hope? Could Rafe be headed down a darker path with all this sudden anger and perhaps someone not currently in Salem needs to calm him?

My vote is for an Alpha male's response to mate's challenge. Regarding a calming someone, is Blanca currently in Salem? :) Another contestant in the former Club TBD's next dance contest! :drunk:

Marlena and Ben today were great. She was able to work with him enough to get the information from him about Clyde. I liked Hope revealing the photo of Clyde to him at the end.

I did not enjoy the ending with Eric and Nicole at the farmhouse. After spending months screaming how she hated him and then thinking he's her friend, she suddenly decides after hearing from Chloe that he loves her that she has to go after him probably to declare her own undying love to him :rolleyes:. What happened to her devotion to her family of Brady, Tate, and Holly?

Brady was annoying today as he complained to Victor about running Eric out of town, but then turned around and told Sonny he was going to continue as CEO of Titan. Sonny and Brady squabbling over the position and whining to Victor should make Victor decide to fire both of them and bring Philip back to run Titan.

Rafe really got on my nerves today when he found Eli and Gabi. His anger toward Eli is over the top. Compared to Nick the psycho, and Chad the unavailable, Gabi choosing Eli is a great choice. Even if he wasn't, she is a grown woman who can make her own choices as to who she goes out with. I loved the scene at the end when Hope informed Rafe his new partner was Eli.

I really hope that Chad and Abby will now be a happily married couple for awhile, and happy couples mean less time front and center on the show. Seriously, they were on four days this past week, and they only needed to be on Monday and Wednesday. As Heather said, we need other stories in the forefront. I really want to see more Steve and Kayla with Kayla dealing with the fallout with Tripp. Since Joey has been offscreen, these three have virtually disappeared as well. Also, the Adrienne in prison story should have wrapped up within a week or two of Hattie being found out.

Rafe's over the top, ridiculous anger at Eli being with Gabi was obviously so we would KNOW his resentment, when, of course, he gets partnered with this guy who now rubs him the wrong way. A Clue for...she may be your little sis, but you haven't been with her much, or protecting her, or whatever, so get off the high horse. So she is a younger sibling. So is Dario, and we see the close eye you kept on him.

Yep, good idea...Shawn & Ciara both resenting Rafe in Hope's life. LOL See how Rafe likes that!

I don't know how Ron C. does his stories, as am not familiar with his work personally, but it does seem he has stories in the works, then focuses on one or two to get them over and done. Thus we see some characters several days in a week, or two, before they "vanish" to the background. And on to ending the next one.

Am very much in the section calling for Adrienne to be rescued from jail. The thing is, I don't think SHE is aware that Bonnie Lockhart is a lookalike for her, although that is the name everyone is calling her. She definitely has not used her smarts against the stupid guards at that prison, who all must have been recruited from the same "school of stupidity" as the ones at Bayview.

I wish the show would get rid of all business related storylines until they have the proper sets to support them. And no I'm not referring to blue walled office.

Plenty of other professions to focus on in the interim: The Spectator, the hospital, Salem PD, Horton Center, etc

Back