Days of Lives - Fri., Sept. 22, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, September 22, 2017

A surprisingly slooowww episode, as Chad is trying to write his wedding vows, not pleased with what he comes up with, and Andre' enters. He wants to throw Chad a bachelor party, a night of debauchery, he says, Chad declines, then accepts, but no strips. Chat about them both not being raised by Stefano, each having wanted a brother while growing up.

Meanwhile, Sonny is having a dream about having Will in bed with him, waking him up, happy he is back from Paris, then Will asks if he is so happy, why is he marrying Paul, and there is Paul, in bed, on the other side of Sonny. Paul asks what is going on, Sonny doesn't answer, but finally, in real life, Paul wakes Sonny, says he seemed agitated in his sleep, must be a dream, but Sonny claims not to remember the dream.

Abby is out shopping and dress fitting with her mom, they sit in the square, go over all the various wedding items, flowers, cake, etc. etc. Lot os minor chit chat. Along comes Eric to see Jen, Abby leaves.

Brady comes in the living room, Nicole is on the phone, seeking donors, is all happy she is being successful. Brady pretends to be in her corner, She does a flashback of her & Eric, then takes off for work. Paul & Sonny comes in, grab some coffee, Brady says he is having a bachelor party for Paul, not Sonny, two grooms would not work. Tis o.k., Sonny will do something with Chad. Paul leaves, Sonny talks with Brady about Titan, will return as CEO when he comes back from honeymoon. Brady thinks things should be left as is, all is running well. They argue, Sonny reminding Brady about getting Deimos out of the company, while Brady reminds Sonny how he fired 50 people. Sonny knows he got a bit heavy handed, is planning on hiring some back, Brady already did. Definitely at odds.

Eric is talking to Julie on the phone, thanks her for being understanding, has a flashback of Brady ordering him to fire Nicole. Later Nik arrives at work, no Eric, Jason comes in, was hired by Eric to do Nicole's job, he has quit the Center, is gone, left this letter for her. She takes her time about reading, but finally does. Eric thanks her for forgiving him, time to move on with his life, her forgiveness helped him and time to leave Salem. She tries to call him, voice mail, dashes out, leaving Jason to man the phones. (Gosh, working there just 5 minutes??? And put in charge?? Poor guy)

Eric talks with Jennifer, tells her he is leaving town, she asks about Nicole, he only says it is time for him to move on with his life.She tries to dissuade him to no avail. They hug, he leaves.

Abby returns home, Chad mentions the bachelor party Andre wants to have for him, she says her mother insists on doing the same for her. They joke around, hug, kiss, etc.

Nicole bumps into Jen in the square, apologizes, no she is not o.k. she is on her way to Martin house to talk to Eric. Too late, replies Jen. He is gone.

Paul & Sonny are at the church, going to fill out the pre-Cana questionnaire. They sit in the pew, 1st question, says Paul......why do you not want to talk about when you married Will?

Eric opens a door, looks like the old farmhouse, where he stayed when he first came back. He carries a small white box, starts to set it down, it drops to floor, opening, a bunch of pics of Nicole fall out. He gathers them up back in the box, sets it down, then looks around with a very serious expression.

I'm still surprised they're totally ignoring the fact that Sonny and Paul can't get married in the Catholic church. It would've made more sense for them to redress the St. Luke's set to pretend it's another church, of a denomination that does perform same-sex weddings.

Paul & Sonny are at the church, going to fill out the pre-Cana questionnaire.
We're through the looking glass, people.

I like that Eric quit his job to save Nicole's. I LOVE that Will & Sonny got a kissing scene. I actually liked André and Chad's scenes too, and all the blue in Chad's opening shot (trying to make us mellow, Mr Director?).

I like Jennifer and Eric as friends a lot. I am grateful they gave us a reason that Tori will not be at the disaster that is sure to be her son's wedding.

I'm still surprised they're totally ignoring the fact that Sonny and Paul can't get married in the Catholic church.
My reaction on twitter was a bit extreme. So extreme that I can't post it here. I can suspend a little bit of disbelief here and there...and even go for a wacky back from the dead story now and then *cough*...(à la Rolf's "It didn't take,")...but it's a big chore suspending enough disbelief to accept this one.

Also: I don't care who the CEO of Titan is. I don't believe that a company founded by a criminal would be harmed by its CEO being accused of murder, but yet Brady (who actually harboured a fugitive, a real crime, and is a repeat drug offender) gets a pass?

Got a kick out of Andre' being upset with Chad who knew Andre did not want to be called "bro", so did it anyway. LOL

Have to say, was rather surprised about the fact that Sonny & Paul were supposed to fill out a pre-Cana questionaire, as the sessions usually take quite some time, like months, and they are being married in a week or so. In fact, on the show, they are talking less than 24 hrs.

This episode felt more like a Wednesday middle of the week episode, definitely in no way should have been a Friday episode. Yawwwn you aren't missing much today, you can watch it online later lol.

Only thing I did get a kick out of today's episode was the Chad and Andre bonding. I am almost convinced now Andre probably won't double cross Chad like speculated. And Chad talking Hip Hop to Andre is by all means, awesome!

Could St. Luke's be an Episcopal church? Has it ever been spoken that it is a Catholic Church?
You have a point there.......but Eric was a priest, was in the seminary, Caroline & Shawn were Catholic....and Eric was a priest at St. Luke's.

I have not heard of pre-Cana in the Episcopal Church...but ?????

Back