Days of Lives -Mon., July 24, 2017

Was it explained why Bonnie is in prison? It's been a while and I can't remember what happened to her character when she was on the show before.

Today's Bonnie didn't quite match what I remember of the Bonnie from 2004-2005. Not sure if it's the accent or mannerisms. I'll have to see if I can find some YouTube videos of Bonnie Lockhart

I am thinking the Maggie/Nicole talk of child being taken away had to be one that Maggie had alive, and was taken away. The conversation was so very vague,

From a transcript.....

"Maggie: Being kept from your child is just--it's the worst thing in the world.
Nicole: How did you get through it? How did you survive having your child taken from you?
Maggie: That's not an easy answer. You just have to go on with your life. Because what other choice do you have? And you have to have faith that someday soon, Holly will be back in your arms."

Maggie did not even know about Daniel til he was an adult, a doctor for years...

As to Summer, Maggie made the choice to give up the baby, it was not "taken away". Which doesn't mean she did not often think of that child, how it was doing, etc. (Honestly, always thought it was all a scam...if Maggie embraced Daniel so readily, she should have been embracing Summer even more so, and that did not happen)

How did you survive having your child taken from you?
That's why I thought she meant Janice, because Janice was taken away. Although in this case, it is the complete opposite of Nicole's situation, since Maggie was Janice's foster mother, and Janice went back to her biological mother.

She returned as an adult, had flings with both Mike and Bill, then Harper Deveraux killed her.

I wish the new writers would undo Summer being Maggie's child. Let it all have been a scam. Black Patch can do an investigation and find that Maggie's baby died shortly after birth. Hey, we lucked out with John not being Ryan Brady, after he found out Ryan died as a small child.

A very long hour for me, today. I hate doubles/twins storylines, and my tolerance of comic relief is very limited. Will be in the minority corner for a while, I guess! :)

It sure seems like the writers are setting up Nicole for another (final) child-kidnapping run. If so, she'd better figure out a way to take her millions with her!

Something has been bothering me about the whole Halo2 storyline. Why is it that all the couples that had inappropriate "close" moments, just happened to be in the vicinity of someone with whom they'd had past relationship histories? Why couldn't Chad, for example, have been standing next to a waitress when the Halo2 took effect? :confused:

Bonnie stated that being in prison was worth Mimi's freedom. Backstory: She went to jail to protect Mimi, who had killed her father (in self-defence/protective mode if I recall correctly) as a teen, then blocked it out. There was a video floating around twitter about it.

I had completely forgotten about Summer.
For shame, JS. How could you forget Summer the psycho mermaid, the character that viewers didn't simply love to hate? Instead they simply despised her and longed for the day when she'd vanish from Salem. Let's hope that the writers don't forget Summer. If they recall that colossal casting blunder maybe they'll never foist such a worthless character on the viewers again. I hope, I hope.

I forgot to mention: did anyone notice Nicole was a bit overdressed for community service? LOL

I was going to say something about that. I think someone--maybe Robin--did mention it, unless that was a different day. When Nicole came out in that dress, I thought maybe it was already evening and she had talked Brady into taking her out after all.

A. Guy, you aren't completely alone. I wasn't going to mention that I don't care for the doubles story but I'll say it so you don't stand alone. I liked Hattie all right when she was in prison before, with Hope, but somehow this present story isn't holding my attention. Also, I still get a little queasy when I remember the Bonnie with Mickey story.

Brady is being a pain. I finally had to fast forward some of the scenes with him and Nicole. All in all, this wasn't one of my favorite episodes.

I forgot to mention it was interesting to learn Jen goes to yoga. Then we found out
Bonnie does it too. Will we see them doing it later?

Both Hattie & Bonnie will make mistakes, no doubt, no matter what Anjelica thinks she knows about the residents of Salem's doings. Adrienne has had double mastectomy & reconstructive surgery. Does Bonnie know about that? Or all conversations, little things between Bonnie & others, her own children??

Do we all think Hattie can even begin to really sound like a psychiatrist? Psychologist?

I agree, it's doubtful Anjelica would be able to fill in Hattie and Bonnie on all the recent and intimate details of Marlena and Adrienne's lives.

While Bonnie would know the main Horton clan, last she saw JJ, he was a baby. She wouldn't know Gabi or Ari.

Would be funny if Arianna busted them, by immediately knowing they weren't her real grandmas. Kind of like how the dog knew the difference in both versions of The Parent Trap.

I haven't watched for a few weeks, but this is confusing to me. WE all knew that Bonnie looked identical to Adrienne because they were the same actress. That was never addressed on the show. No one ever commented on that. Now, they are doppelgangers and Bonnie will "replace" Adrienne? I guess da plot is still the driving force here.

Back