Days of Lives - Mon., Sept., 18, 2017

Great episode indeed. I do kind of wish that they had included one other unrelated story though because this entire episode centered around Will. The anvils were in every one of these vignettes. Anyway, I'm ok with this narrow focus once in a while I just don't want to see this type of thing everyday.

Yes put Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) on contract

Lots of Sami and Ben anvils today. At this point, I prefer Lucas and Sami as best friends rather than as lovers. I think both have had better pairings. So I hope they don't try to go this route again in the future.

I have 2 pet peeves. One is that Allie was mentioned 26 minutes in to the episode. I'm tired of hearing Lucas say he has nobody. I realize this might be realistic in his condition but I happen to know a lot of people who have lost a child but still have other children. While you don't get over the loss of the child, at the same time you move on for the sake of the other children. I just think the dialogue should have been different. Lucas should have talked about how he misses Allie and never sees her rather than saying he doesn't have anyone.

My other pet peeve was when Will listed Lucas' immediate family, he didn't mention Bill Horton, Billie, Austin, Philip and Mike. I don't care about the alien twins.

Once again, this Cheese is pretty much standing alone. I thought that most of the episode was boring. The Lucas/Will stuff was good, but then they draaaaged it out. Same with Paul/Sonny. In my possible defense, my life is kind of stressful, right now, and I have been a little cranky. I am happy that most of you enjoyed the episode!

Re Gabi's daytime-inappropriate wardrobe, she seems to be channeling Chloe.

Glad to see Lucas getting some airtime; he has always been one of my faves. Wasn't there a contest a while back, wherein the prize was lunch with your choice of character? Lucas would have been my choice, beating out runners-up Kate, and Stefano. :) My current choice would be Hope. I would very much like to interrogate her regarding Gabi's Nick's-murder confession (6-2-2014!!). Will promise not to tell anyone (not a Salem promise, either!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came here to share my thoughts on the Will and Lucas scenes.

A) These scenes were so, so, so good. Bravo!

B) Will reminding Lucas of his love for Sami. YES. I've always loved them. Would love to see them share scenes again on screen. I love Lucas & Sami!

C) This made me feel like all the scenes we will see with Will are going to be him as a ghost reaching out to his loved ones. I kind of don't hate this. As much as I love Will (especially when played by Chandler Massey), some healing has been done, and his "ghost" can help with more healing. But I want Sonny and Paul to get married and be happy. I'm really not sure I want Will to be "alive" if he's just going to break up Sonny & Paul's happiness.

Thanks for the summary!

Lucas negates that idea, that although he & Sami Brady had some wild times, that ship has sailed, but one good thing, he has Will & Allie.
I loved that he finally acknowledged Allie!:clap:

I have 2 pet peeves. One is that Allie was mentioned 26 minutes in to the episode. I'm tired of hearing Lucas say he has nobody. I realize this might be realistic in his condition but I happen to know a lot of people who have lost a child but still have other children. While you don't get over the loss of the child, at the same time you move on for the sake of the other children. I just think the dialogue should have been different. Lucas should have talked about how he misses Allie and never sees her rather than saying he doesn't have anyone.
My sentiments expressed so very well - thanks Heather!

Lucas with Will was outstanding today. It shows what a mistake it was to keep Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) on the fringes of Salem life. It also demonstrates what Days' actors can accomplish with good material and not the drivel that has been foisted on them for far too long. Finally a few words about assorted characters.
Let's give a big shout-out to the writers:hug: It feels great to give that rather than the :whack:I've felt so often. Yippee!!

Chad & his Sonny Bunny were a stitch....and showed Ron Cavilatti (head writer) takes his Hitchcock lesson seriously. (Hitchcock felt that when you had real dramatic or suspense filled scenes, you had to give the audience a break to breathe, so always inserted some small humor...Ron C. has mentioned this)
How about a second shout-out!:hug:

Here, here!! Loved this episode and Lucas and Will knocked it out of the park.

@Heather4CU - I hear what you are saying about Lucas having Allie but in his world and everyday life, he doesn't see her and more importantly he feels like he has lost her on top of everything else he has lost. He is definitely at his lowest point and anything that he loves or is of value to him will feel like it has been taken away, real or otherwise.

Will bringing up Sami. Ugh. Sami doesn't deserve Lucas even if I liked them together when they were good. When the real Adrienne returns, how bad is she going to feel about what has happened as a result of Bonnie??!!??

Chad and Sonny. I freaking love their friendship, camaraderie, sense of humour with each other, support for each other. Please don't ever change this friendship. Days needs these kind of relationships.

Also liked that Sonny and Paul acknowledged that they have some important stuff to talk about regarding Will and BOTH of their feelings and unresolved feelings of the past and future. Is this really Days having two people in love be open and honest with each other???

@DrBakerFan - Totally agree with you about bringing in Autumn, Anne or someone else for Lucas. Days needs new blood.

Probably one of the best acting I seen on Days for so long. I will admit it was hard for me to watch a lot of the whole Lucas' storyline this episode, it kind of hits close to home. But the fact I can honestly say all around the writers and actors played it all around so much like in real life. Bravo!

When the real Adrienne returns, how bad is she going to feel about what has happened as a result of Bonnie??!!

She will be filled with remorse that she did not have the resourcefulness to go on Statesville's sick call, where she would have been able to display her recent surgery to the doctor on duty.

And, speaking of that fine prison, do they not strip-search new arrivals? To their credit; they do allow just about anyone to wander in for a private visit with an inmate.

True..........Do the inmates get to shower alone, or is it a multi shower stall?

I do honestly wonder why Adrienne has not even PRETENDED to be sick, so she could get to the medical area, and get affirmation from a doctor there that she is not Bonnie.

This is another bit of silliness about this whole story! Also, it irks me to see Adrienne getting herself thrown into solitary confinement every time she turns around. Granted, the guard is a jerk, but after a time or two of it, I think I would figure out how to stay calm and not give any reason at all for him to do that. I was wondering too, if any guard, for any whim, can throw people into solitary or does there have to be a procedure followed? In real life, I mean.

Wow, wonderful episode! Thanks for the summary. I guess the new writer is taking over now? Lucas' scenes with ghost-Will were phenomenal! It's great seeing Chandler Massey (Will) again! I liked his acting before but yes, it's improved now and less smiling. I also liked seeing Kate and Jennifer interact and discuss Lucas and "Adrienne".

Seeing Abby & Gabi, Paul & JJ (whose beard is awful), and Sonny & Chad just brought warmth to my heart.

Back