Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 14, 2017

Abby's "perfect" vow-renewal ceremony was a little too budget-conscious for my taste; there should have been more guests. Sami would have, at least, provided some of her infamous fruit cups. I knew we were in trouble when I saw the size of the wedding cake box that JJ was carrying around, and the apparent weight of it.

If there is a divorce, Abby will become a very wealthy woman. She would be able to bankroll Dario's alphabet crime syndicate. Even more so when she comes into her vast Irish inheritance!

And speaking of money, when is Nicole going to start making use of her millions?

All of this penny-pinching by tptb is ruining the show. I hate to say it, but it seems to be circling the drain. :sad:

I finally watched this episode. Oh my, I had to fast forward a lot.

I fast forward through much of the episodes lately, only watching Demios, Victor, and the older cast members. Was going to quit watching entirely, but figure it will only take 15 min a day to watch 1 episode, so figure I'd keep recording. lol

Same old thing with Gabi, Chad, Brady, Nicole, etc.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about the penny pinching and have said this for a while now. While I don't think the show is circling the drain just yet, I do think the penny pinching takes away from the look and feel of the show.

Where are all the home sets we had last year? How come only the KMansion and DiMansion are shown now? And Teen Central? They can't pull out an apartment set or 2? We should be lucky the Salem PD set is still up and they're not conducting investigations with a laptop in HTS.

There are ways to be creative with limited funds. Same goes for the cast. If they can't afford people on contract, have them on recurring at least so we can see some familiar faces in Salem. This show doesn't seem to have figured that out how to be creative yet.

Perhaps don't spend $600+ on a dress for Kate for a wedding she shouldn't be attending in the first place and then there are some funds for something fans would rather see.

I haven't watched another soap for a very long time. Do they all make use of the idiotic coincidently bumping into people technique? That, and the lame park settings make me think that I am watching a high school auditorium farce. It's becoming more and more a suspension of disbelief situation. I hope the show will be able to somehow improve,and "keep on keeping on!" :drunk:

Some time ago, Greg Meng, who is an Exec. Producer, went to a stage play, was impressed by how it made use of limited set space, and got the idea for the Horton Town Square. Now originally, the idea was that it was "Main St." in Salem, our characters would be wandering in and out of stores, in fact supposedly the other side of the stores were the sets "turned around".

Now it was a lot bigger than toady, with white sofa, fire burning open air pits, or something. They once did an outdoor movie, they did a carnival, (we did not see any of the goodies, just some kids all excited over how much fun they were having. There was no adjacent park, no private park area, etc. But the street shrunk, they added the areas where the trees bear leaves all year, never turn color, and don't fall off, lol. Also never get rained on or snow covered. Took away the sofa & fires, added some tables & chairs in the middle where Salemites can sit and never order, but do homework, conduct business, use the wifi for their laptops, etc.

But that set is Greg Meng's baby, so doubt it will be dismantled, and it why it is used so much. As to the house sets, etc. , well, you have to pay people to set them up, take them down. Heck, the Horton house is a permanent set, rarely used, right?

Thanks for the summary, but I can't disagree with anything anyone here has already posted---same ol' boring material. Hopefully the new writers are better.

Back