Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 15, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 15, 2016

A new day in Salem, revealing aftermaths, repercussion. A slow show, but a few good scenes. Eric is waking up, an empty vodka bottle on the floor. He is not in good shape, moaning a bit, then realizes he is late for his sentencing. He gets out of bed. Then we see Jennifer slowly wake up, obviously a bit hung over, she checks her phone, doesn't like what she sees, hears a phone buzzing, it is Eric's, she realizes what is going on. First a very hazy, out of focus flashback of her & Eric getting it on.

Over at the courthouse, Marlena, Roman, John & Belle are getting worried, as Eric is late, the judge is not going to be happy. Roman keeps calling Eric's cell to no avail, is about to send squads out, when Eric walks in. Everyone can tell he is hung over, Roman reads him a riot act, Eric doesn't want to hear it, yes he went drinking, since it was his last night of freedom. Roman is having a fit, he shows for for sentencing involving a DUI, reeking of booze and breath mints. He takes him to another room where he has a clean shirt, wants to get him cleaned up.

Now Jen comes rushing in, has Eric's phone, asks if he is in court. Marlena asks what she is doing there, how does she have his phone. Jen hesitates, stumbles as she tries to say, Eric did not want to be alone, we..uh, he..uh. Marlena drags her into a room where they can be private, and lets her have it. She is yelling, what is wrong with you, you let him get drunk, helped him to get drunk the day before sentencing, I suppose you also got drunk...or was it the painkillers. Oh, I know, Eric told me, wanted me to keep an eye on you. Jen is ashamed, embarrassed, with no excuses. Roman brings Eric out, everyone wants to go into the courtroom, Eric doesn't want them there. John knows the place will be crawling with press & media, so Eric says his good byes to John, to Jen (asking her to please get off the pills...she will try), to his father, apologizing for not being a good son, but promising to spend his time turning back into the son he raised. (These are very good scenes). Finally, he says good bye to his mother, telling her he knows she is going to say how disappointed she is in him. No, she only wants to tell him how much she loves him. He & Belle go to the courtroom.

Theresa comes out in the living room, makes a lot of noise, opens the drapes, Summer awakens. Theresa is very sarcastic, but tells Summer off, for her "poor little me" act, playing on Brady's sympathy, Theresa is wise to her, has done lying and manipulating herself. She gives Summer both barrels, Summer denies right and left, but Theresa wants her gone, and out of their lives.

Later, Brady comes home, first thing asking where's Summer (who slept on their sofa) but Theresa says she is taking a shower before leaving. Brady is all poor Summer, Theresa is not having any of it, Summer comes out, appears reluctant, but finally tells what Maggie said to her (flashbacks) Brady tries to tell her how this a.m. Maggie asked about Summer first thing. Theresa gets ticked, reminds them both, especially Summer, that Maggie's husband has had a heart attack, while Maggie herself has had surgery, unsure if she will be paralyzed for life, so any pain in Maggie's eyes would be from that. She tells Summer to stop being so full of herself. Summer finally leaves, Brady lights into Theresa, who defends herself, tries to make him see how Summer is manipulating him, but Brady feels sorry for Summer, & wonders exactly when Theresa is going to stop feeling so insecure.

Philip is at Victor's bedside, Fynn comes in, Phil wants to leave before Vic wakes up, as he has a fit if he sees Philip. Fynn leaves, but Vic wakes up before Phil can exit, more or less telling him to get out. They have a few words, Phil tries to see Maggie for him, but they are going to do an assessment. Vic chases him out, but says if he wants forgiveness, then destroy Deimos. Phil leaves, Victor removes all his monitor attachments, and dons a robe to go see Maggie.

Earlier, Brady had comes to see her, but didn't stay long, Maggie was tired, and would not tell him what happened between her & Summer last night. Now Maggie opens her eyes to find Victor there, he knows she is upset about something, but she won't tell him. He pesters, but she brushes it off. Fynn comes in, ordering Victor back to bed. Vic leaves, but stops just outside the open door, listening as Fynn does another test on both of Maggie's legs, to see if she feels anything. She doesn't, and bursts into tears, ...saying she will never walk again.

At the courthouse, Roman gets the call, Eric was given 5 years. Marlena bursts into tears, John holds her, Jen's eyes tear up.

And then we see chained legs, getting aboard the jail bus. (yes, folks, a real one). Three other men, one in an orange jump suit also get aboard, shuffle to the back, sit on the bench, hands in cuffs, in addition to the leg cuffs. A cop comes, and locks each man's legs to a long chain, then goes and sits at the front. The men sit in silence, as the huge vehicle starts up, the driver pulling out, then the camera is on Eric, as the vehicle seems to bump up and down, his body jumping a bit with each bump.

P.S. At one point, when he is alone, Victor holds up the earring that evidently belonged to Helena, reads the note from Deimos saying he has never forgotten, have you. Vic says to himself, I tried, but ...and there is a flashback. Nicole in a black wig is portraying Helena, a mustached man is arguing with her, she says she is sorry, he is very angry, she says something about Deimos loving her more or better. He has hold of her, her earring falls off, she pushes him away, turns and trips, her head strikes a rock. The man kneels beside her, "Poor kid" he mutters. (I am guessing the man is supposed to be Victor) They talk in Greek.

Maggie's also shown sleeping and dreaming (audibly) of Summer's birth. You hear her groaning in labor, there's a baby cry, a man says "it's a girl" and asks if she wants to see her. Maggie struggles and says no. Then Maggie wakes up with a start, looking around her hospital room.

At the very end, the guard who was locking the chains of the prisoners looked kind of like Nick Fallon.

They did a nice job on that scene. I think in the past, we'd have just seen Eric being walked through the door of the police station (to the hall) in handcuffs.

I seem to remember that supposedly Helena fell off a cliff........so am wondering (if I remember that right) if the man, knowing Helena is already dead, throws her off the cliff, so that perhaps Deimos is blamed. ???? Something else must happen. It is obvious Helena's death was an accident.

I agree, the ending with Eric being driven away in chains was really powerful stuff.
Definitely too much Summer, the story is a huge, huge fail.

Oh, it truly was a shame that Brady seems to be so focused on Maggie/Summer, ignoring his entire family. Eric is his brother, Belle is his sister, but just because he has St. Daniel, the do no wrong egg baby of Maggie's heart...his attention is there.

I hope he feels rotten when he realizes he was not there to say a good bye to Eric, or even offer a bit of support. (I would have liked Caroline to have been there as well, but guess one cannot have everything, can one?)

I feel that after Brady spoke to Eric in the hospital in January that he pretty much blamed him for Daniel's death and turned his back on him after that much like Nicole did. It is so aggravating because having battled addiction himself, he should have been there for Eric these past few months and tried to help him get past this drinking problem. Brady, however, will always help a stray waif or his adopted family Victor and Maggie, but never be there for his own family.

I was definitely on Theresa's side today in this argument over Summer. Maggie has a lot going on right now with both her and Victor in the hospital, and all Summer can think about is how Maggie abandoned her. Not only that, but she keeps running to that idiot Brady. It's about time Theresa realizes that Brady is no prize and will never focus solely on her, that he goes through women like most people do when they buy a new car.

I was really disappointed that Brady and Jeannie T were wasted on Summer and Maggie today instead of being there for Eric. And I too would have liked to have seen Caroline, Kayla, Joey, Shawn and Ciara be there for him as well. If they couldn't be at the station, then show them at the Pub. We didn't even really get a Belle/Eric scene. She was just background.

I also would have liked a final Eric/Nicole scene. The fact that things ended between them on such a bad note is just lazy writing. The Jennifer stuff was good but it's not the same as Nicole. And Jen is too old for him.

I'm sad to see Eric go. The show can write all these fabricated children for Maggie but can't write for Roman and Marlena's son. Terrible. And that last scene was just wow.

Not interested in anything else from today's show.

Thanks Poirot.

It was flashback Friday in Salem. We saw three scenes, two were new. Maggie
remembered when Summer was born.

It was interesting to see Helena trip and hit a rock.

We saw the Helena'a
handkerchief and Theresa said handkerchief to Brady.

I laughed when Marlena was yelling at Jennifer.

Sad news about Maggie. Maybe she's feeling guilty about Summer and that's
why she doesn't feel anything.

What a surprise at the end to see Eric get on the bus to be taken away.

I thought Eric's exit was well done, and I think its totally been set up for him to come back once the character has been rested a bit. But Eric's farewell tour on tuesday followed by the family stuff today hit the right family notes this soap has been missing.

I never thought I'd say this but I enjoyed all of the Jenn & Eric stuff too. I thought Marlena was over the top but the "good" twin is going to jail so she's over emotional.

I fast forwarded a lot of the rest, I agree with Theresa's assessment of Summer but didn't need it rehashed for 20 minutes of the show. Totally missed the Helena stuff, whatever. Victor sneaking out to Maggie was sweet but yeah, where did his tubes and leads go?

Wow what a episode. Some parts were slow and horrid then there were parts that I enjoyed viewing. Okay ya I am so over this Summer storyline. I am sorry I do not pity her either and was rooting on Theresa the entire time. Game knows Game. Theresa admitted that she knows how to call out a liar as she was one but less clingy or something to that extent. I feel after today's episode that Summer is in love with Brady. Usually when a person is drunk there feelings come out so Theresa was right about why was Summer outside their apartment? Then Summer threw a backhanded insult to Theresa about her feeling not good enough for Brady. That's Summer's true nature she disguised it fast after Theresa called her the B word. Now Brady is the idiot here.

I enjoyed very much the flashback Victor had of Helena in Greece. Was nice to see that on-screen from speculating this before. Great acting by Ari Zucker (Nicole) playing Helena talking in Greek, and young Victor was quite studly! Just glad that it was a accident and Deimos was wrong in which Victor never murdered Helena.

Marlena was a knock out performance today I enjoyed every scene she did from sad to angry it was great. It was SO nice to see Saint Jennifer be ripped a new one by Marlena. All the talk that Jennifer did to Eve about sleeping with her son JJ well looks like Jennifer got a taste of her own medicine by Marlena sleeping with her son Eric. That was so sweet to watch. Jennifer must be super high on those pills because me personally in that situation I would not feel so comfortable being around Marlena, Roman, Belle, and John admitting sleeping with Eric drunk. Walking in the police station still with "sex hair". Really Jennifer? Something tells me Jennifer may blame herself for Eric being late and take even more pills.

Last edited:
I would not mind the time Maggie is taking onscreen, (and the story with her paralyzed and learning to walk again), could be really good, if she was interacting with Melissa or Sarah. Even if Hope or Jennifer were actually seen visiting with her it would be good. As it is, we get fabricated children in Daniel and Summer that monopolize the show and Brady and Theresa who do not spend enough time with their own families. Both of them should have been there for Eric today instead of this stupid fighting about Summer.

Rewriting history is bad enough, but this time takes the cake. I got over it when Brady came back to Salem and Nicole (who was involved with EJ at the time) was suddenly the love of Brady's life. (Did we imagine his great love for Chloe?)

Then there was all that nonsense about the way Daniel was conceived, long before the method was ever perfected or used. Now, we have Maggie giving away a child because she was too young to raise her. Knowing Maggie, the way we do, I just cannot fathom that she would ever give away a child, E.V.E.R.

Now, Victor is the love of Maggie's life. Has she forgotten her love for Mickey? I know it's possible to truly love more than once, but this is ridiculous! Victor's brother comes to Salem, and we find out they fought over a woman, eons ago, who just happened to be the spitting image of Nicole. I wonder why Victor didn't have flashbacks the first time he saw Nicole.

How many of Maggie's ill-conceived (pun intended) children will be crawling out of the woodwork? Will Brady ever stop falling for every sob story a woman tells him?

To quote the late, great Colonel Potter (M*A*S*H): HORSE HOCKEY!!!!

While we're at it, let's quote another great American.

Last edited:
Back