Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 21, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 21, 2017

Abby sits at the Pub, is on the phone, job hunting. Dario joins her, just in case she needs a friend, he is there. She makes it very clear she is grateful for all the help he has given her, but is fine on her own, prefers to continue, move on with her life. Well, he is there any time if she needs him, he leaves. Jennifer arrives, all ready to help, to take care of her daughter, she gets the same talk that Dario did.

Now, while Dario was there, Kate started to come in, saw them, skedaddled over to the despondent Chad's to nag at him again about his destiny is to be with Gabi. She goes on and on, Chad makes it clear that while he appreciates her thinking of him as her son, his commitment is to Abby, period. That doesn't stop Kate, not one iota.

Before Kate arrived, Sonny came over, as Chad's friend, is sorry for how things are going, gets Chad's take on events, and gives his advice....give her time and space.

But Kate now is really on chad's case about moving forward with Gabi.

Now that girl is at the hospital, checking on Julie, with Eli coming out, saying his gramma will be fine. He is a mite ticked at Gabi, who wants to go in and apologize. Inside Julie's room, Doug has arrived, and, bless his heart, is well aware that Julie faked the "episode". She begins ranting about Gabi, he is smiling and talking some reasonable words. She wants to protect Eli, he notes Eli is a grown man, capable of protecting himself. In comes Gabi, Doug gives them time alone, Gabi does apologize, lets Julie know she realizes Julie faked it all, says she is not marrying Eli, at least not yet, but what he does, what they do, is none of Julie's business.

Meanwhile, outside, Sonny has arrived, hears from Eli about nasty Gabi, but assures him that Gabi is the salt of the earth, a good person, etc. etc. By the time Gabi comes out, Eli has softened towards her, owes her an apology, she owes him one as well.

And ol Kate has now run over to talk to Dario, and in her snide, busybody way, says she knows he has feelings for Abby, and it seems she reciprocates. He denies this, says Abby has made it clear she still loves Chad, but is living her own life, not interested in anyone else. They are friends, period. Kate pushes...thinks they will be something more, just give Abby time.

Abby is in the park, Eric comes along, figures she needs to talk. They do, he offers some wixe counsel, telling her to just take her time. Later, in the office, Jen is stapling with a vengeance, single sheets of paper. LOL, finally admitting she is worried about her daughter. Eric notes he saw her in the park, they talked a bit, she is strong, wants to do whatever on her own, yes it is hard for parent to not "help" but that is what Abby needs right now. Hug.

Chad is on the phone, Abby arrives, came to pick up a few things. He talks her into going with him somewhere, makes her close her eyes. When she is told to open, they are in the empty square (he bribed a lot of people to have it empty), a table with cloth, flowers, and a plate of scones, which is something she loves. He pulls out a paper, talking of the vows he said, not for her mom, brother, Kate, Andre, but her.....and he wrote them down, for her to keep, because he means every word, and intends to live those words every single day for the rest of their lives. He holds her, kisses her, embraces her.

I like when Doug (who I still can't believe is 92!) said Julie's "alleged episode". He knows! I thought Gabi's apology went pretty haywire. I'm glad Eli apologized because I was getting mad that he was being so mean to Gabi.

When did Chad learn to think of Kate as a mother? I know when she was married to Stefano but were they that close? I am surprised he is fighting for Abby but her face at the end says it's not working.

Just a few comments.

Sonny: He gets kudos for giving Eli the unvarnished truth about Tricky Nicky. If he was equally blunt with Chad, he's tell him that unless she changes her attitude, Abigail is simply an irrational drama queen.

Kate: She should quit giving people advice on life and love. She should leave this to a real professional, Maggie (aka Ruffles McRed).

Eric: He's another one who should get out of the advice business. If he thinks Abigail walking out on Chad was a demonstration of "strength and self-reliance," he's almost as clueless as she is.

Chad: He thinks that his and Abigail's love is the kind they write about? Unless something changes, it will be the kind of thing that appears in horror stories.

Julie: She actually said that Gabi would answer to her if she hurt Eli. Answer to her? Who does she thinks she is, Al Capone, Stefano DiMera, or Victor Kiriakis. She also shouldn't be so sure of the accuracy of her relationship antenna. If it was any good, she would have warned Hope away from Aiden Jennings.

Sonny, My MAIN man!! Give me a high-five, fist bump *secret handshake for the "Gabi Hernandez should be Queen Society.* I've always liked this young man, but he went up several more notches in my estimation for giving Eli the straight scoop on Nick. Although I'm confused if Julie knows about the rape attempt, does she also know about about Nick's late November dip in the river? If that was a slip on the part of the writers, I wouldn't be surprised. It's not the first time that happened. I remember back when Kate was trying to convince Nicole to be her partner on Basic Black, Nicole ran through the litany of Kate's misdeeds and she mentioned trying to kill Nick. Anyway, I digress.

Eli mentioned to Julie that he had heard there were "extenuating circumstances" in Gabi's case. I would have thought being an FBI agent he would know all that all ready. But I guess that just goes to show one shouldn't just assume things.

I enjoyed the Gabi and Julie scenes. I'm really liking the new dynamic now that Gabi has shown her backbone where Julie is concerned. It should be interesting. Of whether or not it will be going forward has yet to be seen because there have been a lot of things that should have been interesting. But well, I digress again.

I got a kick out of Gabi's crack about not marrying Eli, at least not yet. I'm not so sure Julie was completely faking on that one. LOL It may not have been necessary but I think Gabi owed her that one and I got a kick out of all the same. LOL

Another Abigail Day! The actress must have a very good memory for lines. I'm starting to yearn for the old Daniel Days!

A very nice pumpkin leather jacket ($$$) on Kate. And speaking of Kate, if things don't work out for Abby/Dario, maybe she could move in, and add yet another Hernandez notch to her belt. :eek:

Perhaps this show would be better on my pain pills. But, oh well. I really wish Ms. Kate Roberts would travel to her European clients, for a year or so.

Really, Kate, leave town for a while. I'd much rather watch Adrienne or Marlena wander through town talking to random people instead of Ms. Blue Chunk.

Gabi, nice backbone, young lady. Stand proud, stand strong. I can dread what's coming for you, when your spine is ripped out and you become dependent on a male for everything.

Thanks for the summary. This was a decent show. It's actually nice that they're showing Chad fighting for his marriage, and showing Abigail and Gabi be civil to each other and be willing to sacrifice the man they love for their friend. That said, this storyline needs a break, Chad should give Abigail time, and Abigail should move on with Dario. And while Kate's meddling may be bothersome---indeed, she's the last person to give anyone relationship advice--she's right!

I do like Gabi having a backbone, and am glad she and Eli patched things up. I also liked Eric's scenes today.

I'm glad Doug told Julie to stay out of Eli's life. She probably won't listen to
him though.

A lot of people wandering around Salem today. Sonny saw Chad and Eli.
Eric saw Abby and Jen. Kate saw Abby and Dario together. She told Chad
Then Kate talked to Dario.

I guess after Kate told Chad what she saw, he arranged the brunch with Abby.
I guess we find out Monday if Abby stays or leaves. I hope she stays.

And speaking of Kate, if things don't work out for Abby/Dario, maybe she could move in, and add yet another Hernandez notch to her belt. :eek:

I had the same thought when I saw them at TBD. Except Kate wouldn't care whether Abby/Dario worked out.

I really wish Ms. Kate Roberts would travel to her European clients, for a year or so.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Who was watching Thomas today?

While I appreciate Abby not wanting a job from Jen, I'm glad it was mentioned and she really should work at The Spectator.

I liked that someone told Eli the truth about Gabi but why Sonny? So random.

I don't know, I didn't find it so random that Sonny told Eli about Nick and Gabi. I actually thought it made sense since he was in the thick of things while all that was going on.

As far Eli being dumb for not seeing though Julie (by the way kudos to Doug for oh gently calling her out) I'm inclined to give him a little bit of slack as he's just met her. But then again, in my world all fountains are chocolate fountains and Scooby Doo is president. So maybe I'm not the best judge of that kind of thing. LOL

Ordinarily, I would agree. But Rafe was an FBI agent, too. As to Eli, so far, he really had no reason to check on the background of Gabi. If he does, while he is at it, perhaps he should do Gramma Julie's as well.

Back