Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 22, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 22, 2016

Deimos tells Nicole the story of Helena & what happened. He was very much in love with her, she with him. Lots of fun together, never laughed so much as when with her. Victor not really in love with Helena, her parents very wealthy, he figured marrying her would help him get power, etc. Deimos begged her to run away with him, but she feared her father, and Victor, who was mean, violent. Unfortunately, Victor learned of their affair, and Helena ended up dead.

Nicole thanks him nicely for telling her, and starts to leave, but Deimos stops her, asking how much Victor is paying her to woo him. Nicole smiles, yes, Victor asked her to help bring deimos down, but she said no. She would not do anything for him, only calling the ambulance because of Maggie, who did not deserve to have another death after losing her son so recently. She thinks Maggie would be better off without Victor, citing how he used to lock her in her bedroom...some husband, huh? Yep, she tried to electrocute him once, but she let him know she wasn't going to let him control her. She again thanks Deimos for the drink, his time, the story, & leaves. Outside the door, she breathes a sigh of relief.

Hope is at the Pub with Rafe, talking about Deimos. He wishes she had not tipped Deimos off to suspecting him. They talk about Bo, Deimos kidnapping him, trying to get the formula for someone. They cannot imagine who, but she thinks the person who called her might be the key, and tells how that person called again. telling her to go after Deimos.

Later, they are at the Horton house, where.....believe it or not......Hope is packing things up to move back to her own house. Rafe helps loading boxes, finds a "selfie", and Hope insists on taking their pic with it. Lots of laughing.

Fynn has Kayla in the hospital, she is apologizing for fainting, he is warning her that despite the anti-seizure meds she is taking, the bleeding has not stopped, her sodium levels not reduced, and if she passes out again, next time she may be so lucky. He wants her to reconsider the surgery.

Steve has gone into an office somewhere, sits behind a desk, puts a pic of him & Kayla on it, and takes out his harmonica, playing a rather mournful tune. He gets up, leaves, goes to the Pub, running into Hope & Rafe (see earlier). Rafe gets a call, leaves to take it, Steve talks with Hope...about Bo, Rafe, knows Rafe is looking out for Hope, per Bo's blessing, and is glad. He notices a different vibe between them, is happy for her. Hope is not too sure she wants to get into another relationship, even with someone she has known & likes. Steve reminds her love is everything, life is short. They talk a bit about Kayla, how she has been pushing Steve away, broke the engagement, figures Steve brings too much danger to the family. Hope knows Steve loves his family, and what he did for Joey, tells Steve to hang in there.

Joey & Jade are jabbering away about leaving town, decide to go to L.A. Her aunt lives near there, will let them crash at her place. Joey mentions Aunt Kim, who they cannot see, she would tell his mom in a nano second where he was. Jade talks buses, Joey doesn't want to do the bus thing, suggests motorcycle. Maybe his dad left the keys at the house. She goes with him, sure enough, Joey not only gets the keys, but enough cash for gas all the way there. They start kissing, (Jade is the aggressor) and she wants to "know Joey better", pulls off his shirt, and on the couch they go. She straddles him, they are making out, and in comes Kayla & Fynn. LOL. Kayla just stares, Jades jumps up, introduces herself to Fynn, and leaves, as does Fynn in another minute or so.

Joey gets attitude, so they were making out, so what. Kayla says something about him, and being under her roof. He tells her he is an adult, and she cannot tell him how to act.

He goes to his room, sits in the dark, texts Jade, saying, sorry for delay. Jade texts back it is o.k. they can leave tomorrow, he sends another text.."can't wait".

Fynn comes into the Pub, Steve asks how Kayla is doing, Fynn cannot discuss that. Steve asks if anything he can do. Fynn knows Kay under a lot of stress due to Steve, tells him to stay away from her.

Kayla is in the dark living room, standing still, as she gazes at the picture on the mantel of her, Steve & Joey. Outside, Steve arrives, looks in the window, sees her. He goes to the window on the other side of the door, looks in, seems like he wants to knock, but doesn't. Leans with his back against the door frame.

Over at the Club (Edge) Claire & Ciara are talking decorations (prom is "tomorrow") and how today is Earth Day, and everything they used is recycled, etc. etc. Couple guys are talking about bell bottom pants their dad still had. Claire & Henry chat a bit, she has to go rehearse her song, he wants to be her publicist, or fan club president when she is rich & famous. They laugh, she assures him he will always be her friend..leaves.

Meanwhile, Mark is chatting with Ciara, asks her out, she says she is dating someone, thought he was, too. Mark replies he broke up with that girl, asks her who she is dating, she says Theo Carver. Mark thinks she can do better than that loser, Ciara gets ticked, tells Mark Theo is the best guy she has ever known, tells Mark to shove off.

Theo comes over to her, heard what she said, thanks her. She says he IS the best guy she has ever knows. Quick kiss. Theo goes out to the car to get some things they need, Mark comes over to Ciara, apologizing for what he said before, he really doesn't know Theo, but does think Ciara can do better. She sarcastically remarks...I suppose you mean yourself. Yes he is does, will show you. She is walking away, he follows, grabs & kisses her, she is trying unsuccessfully to push him away, Theo comes back, grabs Mark, punches him, down he goes, Theo on top, punching continually.

So Joey the "adult" will take money and a vehicle that is not his? I also wonder who pays that phone bill he is texting on since he is so grown but I suppose that is neither here nor there.

Also wonder if this is a way to quickly age him since the rest of the kids are already going to prom and will probably be all grown up next thing we know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Jade is talking Joey into this, but......that ungrateful brat. His father nearly goes to jail for murder, took the rap for Joey to save him, & now he wants to run away because his dad moved out of the house. His mother spent years raising him, while attending medical school to become a doctor, and has brought him to the area where there is a lot of family who cares about him, but he is going to run off, on that motorcycle, with a girl he has known for only a couple of months? Grrrrr.

Gee that poor adult who has yet to graduate from high school! Who has yet to have a paying job. Who has not had to pay for his housing, schooling, clothes, food, TV, or his phone bill...ever! Wonder if he also took a credit card from mom, along with that cash he found. Sheesh.

I just can't seem to work up any interest in a story about the prom. Maybe it's because I'm past that age and since my birthday was last Wednesday I'm even further past that age then I was before. Maybe it''s because I didn't attend my prom. Maybe I'll have to tell you all my failed attempt to ask a girl to the prom when we have the rime it's rather charming and humorous tale if I do say so myself. Anyway I just don't care about the prom.

Besides aren't they breaking some kind of rule writing stories for both Joey and Jade and Ciara and Theo? The reason why I say that is because there seems to be some rule that they can't write for two twenty-something couples at the same time other wise they would write for Gabi and JJ as well as Chad and Abigail. But since they don't do that I can only assume there is some California state or perhaps even federal law prohibiting it. Does this possible law just not apply to the teen set? Color me confused and bewildered.

I thought I may have caught a boo boo. When Hope was talking to Steve it sounded like she said "It's not your fault what Eve did to you" instead of Ava. Did anyone else catch that?

A few questions and possible answers. 1) Why doesn't Kayla get better? It's probably because the writers are fixated on health crises of which there are currently three. Why don't they just go all in and have everyone in Salem get the bubonic plague? 2) Why is Teen Mark now such a huge jerk? Could it be it's because the pathetic Chase is now in jail and somebody has to be the dreary teen scene's "bad guy?" 3) Why did ladies man Fynn leave so soon after he and Kayla found Little Joey and Jade making like Sami and EJ on the DiMera love couch? Couldn't he have stayed to give Joey some "luv" tips or ask Jade for her phone number? 4) Is the dull teen set's ecologically-friendly prom a good idea? Only if it turns out better than the Sami-Lucas "green wedding." 5) Why do clueless Joey and Jade think that two penniless teens can make it in L.A.? Maybe it's because they never see anyone in Salem actually paying for anything?

Over at the Club (Edge) Claire & Ciara are talking decorations (prom is "tomorrow") and how today is Earth Day, and everything they used is recycled,

Including the storylines.

Supposedly some scenes with John and Steve re Black Patch were cut this week, including them getting an office? Which would explain where Steve is. I'd rather have seen that (and all the other cut scenes) than Hope and Rafe, Summer, or Brady banging on about his "family" but forgetting about the parents who actually raised him.

I think those kids figure they can live on the beach. LOLOL. Maybe get a metal detector to find the loose change in the sand, or something like that.

It really is disconcerting to have scenes that actually are important to the viewer understanding what is going on, rather than the fluff scenes we get at times.....and yes, Summer, I am looking at you.

i.e. There is Lani, trying to get Shawn to have sex on the conference table, that was out of the blue, and very much UNLIKE the Lani we have been seeing. But then, she talked of previous sexcapades with Shawn, cut or edited out scenes that we never saw, and if we had, would have made the cop shop scene understandable.

Deimos seems to be a very careful man, and it is so weird that he is so honest and upfront with whatever someone asks of him. He was being so honest, I really wanted Nicole to get the answer to her "did you & kate kiss & make up" question.

And Kayla is Chief of Staff at the hospital, a well respected doctor, and yet refuses to have the surgery that would help her. Wonder what she would be saying to a patient who would dig their feet in like she has? Well, patient's choice. She knows the risks better than others.

A few questions and possible answers. 1) Why doesn't Kayla get better? It's probably because the writers are fixated on health crises of which there are currently three. Why don't they just go all in and have everyone in Salem get the bubonic plague? 2) Why is Teen Mark now such a huge jerk? Could it be it's because the pathetic Chase is now in jail and somebody has to be the dreary teen scene's "bad guy?" 3) Why did ladies man Fynn leave so soon after he and Kayla found Little Joey and Jade making like Sami and EJ on the DiMera love couch? Couldn't he have stayed to give Joey some "luv" tips or ask Jade for her phone number? 4) Is the dull teen set's ecologically-friendly prom a good idea? Only if it turns out better than the Sami-Lucas "green wedding." 5) Why do clueless Joey and Jade think that two penniless teens can make it in L.A.? Maybe it's because they never see anyone in Salem actually paying for anything?
I'll add to this list. 6) Why are the teens consumed with being "hot." Old term. Don't they have any other interests at all? At least Claire is interested in singing and composing. 7) Why is everyone constantly horny? 8) Does Salem have a library? Does anyone use it? 9) Maggie would be horrified at what Victor has requested of Nicole. I'd like to see her put her foot down at anything that demeans and insults Nicole, asking her to use her body to manipulate for Victor's ridiculous vengeance game. 10) How would the citizens of Salem deal with a power outage?

Thanks Poirot.

Not much to talk about today.

Are we to assume where Steve is in the office for his and John's business?

We saw Ciara and Claire bringing things in for the prom. We saw Hope
and Rafe take things out of Jen's house.

Hope said they were gone from the house two weeks. That's a long two weeks.
I wonder if Hope and Jen talked about anything ie like what happened to Ciara,
Jen taking drugs, Abby going psycho.

Kayla had another scan. Did she wear her dress or did we miss the gown scene
:)

I know Jade is talking Joey into this, but......that ungrateful brat.
Hear, hear. I'm hoping James Lastovic (Joey) whom I've enjoyed watching immensely is headed off the show. Can't stand Joey anymore.
it is so weird that he is so honest and upfront with whatever someone asks of him.
It's the best thing about his character. I've sure had my gripes about the writing recently...but this is a refreshing change of pace.
At least Claire is interested in singing and composing.
And yet, we barely see her. This is a character I could root for, and whose romantic travails I could be interested in. Instead I'm getting The Many Loves of Teen Ciara shoved down my throat, and Teen Ciara has nothing going on for her. (No hobbies, never tells a joke, and her only friend is her love interest.)

Fridays have been skip-worthy lately. This seems like no exception.

Jason, The Many Loves of Teen Ciara could be renamed The Bum of the Month. Who knew that there were that many truly awful, creepy teen boys in Salem? Even one-time tree-vandal Cole would be appalled by their behavior. If only the magic backpack of the real Ciara (Lauren Boles) could double as a time machine. The god-awful Teen Ciara could crawl into it and reemerge as her old cheerful, entertaining, precocious self.

And yet, we barely see her. This is a character I could root for, and whose romantic travails I could be interested in. Instead I'm getting The Many Loves of Teen Ciara shoved down my throat, and Teen Ciara has nothing going on for her. (No hobbies, never tells a joke, and her only friend is her love interest.)

Here here! I posted about this topic last week. Why must the teen set center around Ciara? That's my biggest issue right now. If you're bringing in "teens" that are connected to core characters that we care about, then let us see each of them involved in both their own storylines and ones with their parents and grandparents and great grandparents. How about a scene of Ciara, Claire and Joey at the Pub with Caroline? How about Claire babysitting cousin Tate instead of Ciara babysitting Thomas? So many missed opportunities.

I binge watched this week very quickly but I'm not here for Steve propping Hope and Rafe. Again with the forcing. And I think it was mentioned earlier in the week but if we must be subject to Hope and Rafe romantically, then be honest about the age difference. Have a discussion about how Rafe likely won't have kids of his own with Hope. Talk about her grown son and teen granddaughter rather than avoiding it. Even Hope's office only had a photo of Ciara. Nothing of Shawn or Claire. Or even Zack.

I don't understand Kayla's hesitance to have surgery other than fear.

I was underwhelmed by Ciara's reaction at the end. She should have at least tried to pull Theo off.

Last edited:
Back