Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 28, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 28, 2017

Abigail comes across Gabi & Eli kissing, tries to leave, but bumps into something, making a noise. Conveniently, Eli gets a phone call, has to go off, as Abby apologizes for interrupting, and notes she had no idea Gabi & Eli were dating. Thus they get into a hassle as Gabi faults Abby for leaving Chad so he could be with her, but there is no "Chad & Gabi". Abby tries to defend herself, speaking of not wanting a husband who has to "work" at the commitment to his wife. They go back and forth, Gabi rightly noting that Chad has done everything he possibly could for her to show and prove his love. She refers to him saving Abby from a maniac, loving her, going thru Abby's breakdown, and even forgiving her when she pretended to be dead, then going thru the vowel renewal to further show her how much he loved her, and Abby chooses that moment to say, forget it, I can't do this. Gabi says Abby needs to stop playing God. Her sitter calls, she goes off, Eli returns.

He can see there is something intense going on, Abby sluffs it off, doesn't know him very well, but notes that Gabi loves Chad, so his whatever with Gabi will go no where. Eli says Abby is right, she doesn't know him well, and that both he & Gabi are going into this with eyes wide open. Abby leaves. Gabi returns, glad Abby is gone, makes a few comments.

Steve is at the Pub with Kayla, glad she arranged this, hoping all goes well, they are smooching up a storm when Tripp arrives. He gets a kick out of an old married couple still making out. Joey arrives. There is a bit of talk of Tripp helping Kayla save Roman, she again thinking he would be good with a medical career. Tripp says it is an option, but hasn't decided. When Joey mentions needing a college degree..well, Tripp graduated last year from Univ. of Ariz. Put himself thru. The Johnsons congratulate him. Guess they get into a conversation about the ups and downs of the Johnson's lives, as we do hear Steve mention that they married now for the 3rd and last time. Tripp was glad to hear it all, they seem like a nice family, tells Steve he seems like a nice guy, but the fact remains Steve killed his mother. He just cannot get past that, she seemed nice, too, though he knows what everyone has said about her. I can't do this, sorry. He gets up, leaves. Kayla goes after him, tries to be very nice as she reasons with him. He knows Ava was responsible for her father's death, and everyone on the plane could have been killed. He cannot imagine how Kayla could have forgiven her, but Kayla says she did. Sorry, but Tripp cannot. She returns inside, tells the guys, and figures they just need to give Tripp some time.

Meanwhile, Tripp runs into Jade, who thought he was having dinner with his family. Tripp says he cut it short, just bugged him that he killed his mother. She says "who". He is puzzled, what do you mean, who? Jade covers, oh, you mean Mr. Johnson, just got me confused for a few seconds.She agrees it was terrible, but Mr. Johnson really is a nice man. Tripp asks if one of her parents killed the other, could she forgive? She admits that as much as she hates her parents, if one killed the other, no she could not. She then again tries to praise Steve, but Tripp is even more puzzled. Why should she not forgive, but he should. She has to go move more of her stuff, and takes off.

Paul has found no info from the charter airlines, but did from the pilot, who is a baseball fan. He learned that the passenger fit the description of Deimos, and they flew to Canada. Nope, not Quebec, Manitoba. He describes the pilot, Sonny recognizes the guy, Lyle, calls him, pretends he is saving the pilot from Victor's wrath, wants to know why Deimos went to Manitoba. Lyle plays dumb, Sonny gets tough, lays it on thick about repercussions from Vic, the gentlemen who would be visiting Lyle, etc. Lyle finally caves, tells Deimos is after that girl, the one with the kid. Sonny hangs up, calls for the company jet to get gassed up, they are going to Manitoba (by the way, they mention an airstrip near a small mountain town. !!!!)

And over in that small mountain town, Nicole & Brady are enjoying their "bedtime", laughing, joking. They hear some toy car of Tate's, Brady gets up to check that Tate is not up and playing with it. He finds the car in the darkened living room, turns it off, goes back to the bedroom. The intruder steps back into the room from where he was hiding.

Brady is ready for another romp, Nicole is hungry, he will make frittatas. They are dressed, and have eaten their fill, sitting on the sofa, laughing, talking. Holly cries, Nicole goes to check, telling Brady to clean up the dishes. She goes in the bedroom, the crib is empty, Behind her the door closes, a figure in a ski mask is holding the baby, pointing a gun at her. She is pleading not to hurt the baby, Brady returns. The figure says nothing, just motions with the gun. They are in the living room, sitting on the sofa, Brady talking, trying to keep everything calm. Nicole is babbling, then Holly cries, she begs to hold her Holly wants her. Brady goes to try to wrest the gun away, a shot rings out, Brady falls, shot in the chest. Nicole is beside herself, crying over Brady, berating the still silent figure. She goes up to him, pulls off the ski mask and is shocked. It is Xander. "Surprise" he smiles.

Here's my question, I wonder what Victor going to say if and when he finds out that Xander is alive and kicking? Not only that, but he shot Victor's grandson and was lied to. That will be the elephant in the room but I'm sure the writers don't think that way. lol.

Just a few comments about various characters.

Tripp: He graduated from Arizona State? Who knew. This makes the Sun Devil the best educated member of Salem's younger set, which consists of either indifferent Salem U. students or college drop-outs who immediately obtained jobs for which they are totally unqualified.

Abigail: She bored viewers today with another tired round of her fractured thinking about Chad, but did reveal one striking fact: she gets her knowledge of human nature from novels and movies. Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer would be shaking their heads.

Deimos: How dumb of him to use hothead Xander as his operative for the great Manitoba caper. This dolt has now shot Brady, which is sure to enrage Victor. Sonny's campaign to take Titan just got a big shot in the arm. Maybe he won't have to buy that Big Boy hamburger franchise after all.

Pookie: It was good to hear this fine canine get a shout-out today. If the brave Pookie had been on the scene, maybe she could have distracted Xander by biting his ankles, allowing Brady to knock him senseless.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I loved the Pookie shout out!!!
If other Salemites can rise from the grave, why can't Pookie??

4430dcba0269e16eaf91f9a45b8f3068.jpg

Sort of odd show today. Glad Gabi confronted Abby, who has seemingly appointed herself the only one who knows what is best for her husband, her good friend, her son, herself. She already was prying into Mom's relationship with Eric, lol. But Abby has been insisting only SHE knows what is best for everyone.

don't misunderstand me.......I certainly can see how Chad's "torn between two lovers" attitude would turn her off. And yes, leaving him so he can perhaps figure out exactly what is going on with himself was probably a good step.

But now, he fell victim to Kate's suggestion at doing illegal, that was definitely a turnoff for Abby. So now Kate, Andre & Chad will be the Unholy threesome?

Sigghhhh.

Then we have Tripp, who has alive and nice family, having his back, supporting him, etc., but despite being told all the horrible things Ava did, the CDs have her sounding "nice", so he turns his back on the Johnsons?

I really have a feeling that Joey's guilty conscience is going to make him 'fess up, despite the warnings from his parents. And if so, then Tripp will be all "you all lied to me, I hate you".

Meanwhile, Xander sure was stealthy enough, and as big as he is, was able to hide. Why would Brady go looking around the living room in the dark? LOL. He certainly has to know where the light switch was. And where did Xander hide while he was making frittatas, and they were filling their tummies with them.

bby tries to defend herself, speaking of not wanting a husband who has to "work" at the commitment to his wife.
Then get used to the Single Life. And ya know, there's nothing wrong with a woman being single. There is something wrong with whining though. *wink*

The Johnson family-dinner-almost scenes were wonderful.

Sonny gets tough, lays it on thick about repercussions from Vic
You know, I hated it when Chad would use the DiMera name when it suited him to terrorise people (online gambling ring, anyone?). BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE IT when Sonny does it. It's waaaaaaaaaaay out of character. Waaaaaaaay out.

I did not like the Salem SORAS that just won't quit. Tripp is old enough to have finished college, a rather expensive one no less, with a degree by paying his own way despite being kicked away by his dad? (And this big plot hole after yesterday's brilliant vendor switch, no less.) There's only one thing to say...
right.jpeg

Too funny that yes indeed Tripp does already have a degree so his MD is not too far away. I don't really see how "this is different" and "someone he loves" is raising suspicion with him. She should have said it's different because my dad is not a nice guy. Only a matter of time before it all comes out.

Does anyone else just want to slap Abigail right across the face?! Her attitude with Gabi was ridiculous. Acting like now she's mad she isn't with Chad. And honey I got news for you, being married is work. She says she doesn't want him to have to work at it. I understand it bothers her that he has feelings for Gabi, but still. It's getting really old, unlike Holly who hasn't aged a day. :rotfl:

Does anyone else just want to slap Abigail right across the face?! Her attitude with Gabi was ridiculous. Acting like now she's mad she isn't with Chad. And honey I got news for you, being married is work. She says she doesn't want him to have to work at it. I understand it bothers her that he has feelings for Gabi, but still. It's getting really old, unlike Holly who hasn't aged a day. :rotfl:
Yes indeed, a slap might help or she could go back to granny and be dead.

Abby had no right telling Eli that his thing with Gabi won't pan out.
The first Abby would not be like this. She was nice all the time. This Abby is stupid and selfish.

Back