Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 29, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 29, 2016

Interesting editing today, as we see "story segments" all together, then on to a different story. Nicole sits doing a Ewe search on Helena, when Dario comes in. He evidently knows she is working on some con, as there is conversation about it, in general. He is giving her advice, just.they are talking in generalities, about the "mark", being on to her at first...she is thinking she may not continue. Anyway, finally, he asks her for the details, o/w he won't be of much help, so she spills it all, he volunteers to sort of nose around, since Deimos doesn't know he & Nicole are friends. Who knows what he might be able to find out, but he warns her about maybe falling for her "mark". Not a chance, not after what he did to Maggie.

Over at the hospital Deimos has his hand over Victor's mouth & nose, is spitting out venemous threats, but pulls his hand away, telling Victor that he, Deimos, has Vic's money, power, home, leaving Vic with nothing, so why not just roll over and die, old man? Victor looks at him...."NEVER".

Later, Brady & Justin arrive, get into an argument with Victor about involving Nicole, she can be hurt, Justin actually has a plan, which could be better. We don't hear it, but Vic says fine. Nicole will be keeping Deimos occupied, while they do whatever it is and Deimos won't know what hit him. Nicole is not to know about this at all.

In Philip's room, Belle & Philip argue about marrying her. She is begging, he is willing, but doesn't think this is right time now. He reminds her that her daughter was arrested, she & the ex got into a big fight, she rushed over to Phil's for "this", so he thinks that she needs to give it some time to see if she really wants this. She claims she does, she loves Phil, but he thinks she really does love Shawn, tho she says Shawn makes her miserable. Phil reminds her that just because she felt Shawn wasn't paying enough attention to her, she went out to have an affair with a married man. She gets ticked, leaves.

So, now over to the jail, where the kids are getting bailed out. Theo has showed up, as has Abe. When Ciara appears, Theo is there to greet her (all the teens have real "attitude" this morning.) Abe wants to talk to Theo privately, they go in another room, where Abe nicely and kindly tells Theo he is not to see Ciara so much, that she has been through a lot, needs some help to heal, and just is not ready to have any kind of relationship with anyone at all. Later, when she is better......but Theo gets indignant, he will see Ciara whenever he wants, storms out.

Hope is trying to talk to the sullen Ciara, telling her that no matter what Mark did, just what did defacing his father's car accomplish? Ciara admits...nothing. Exactly, replies Hope. Nothing, and all your friends got into trouble and you all will have records now. They go home, Ciara comes down in the living room, is in jeans, Hope wants to talk a minute, they get into an argument. Ciara is indignant about the photos, Hope is on her case about seeing Marlena, Ciara is saying o.k., Hope insisting on knowing "when" since Ciara cancelled the first appt., and not rescheduling. Ciara ends up storming out.

Belle & Shawn have bailed out Claire, who really is giving them a lot of back talk. They go to eat somewhere, and while her parents are trying to reason with her, despite her giving them a hard time, she is ignoring, is on her phone, discovers that her you tube song is a big hit, squeals with delight, has to go see somebody, and dashes out. Her parents sit there, shaking their heads, what are they going to do with her, but then Shawn admits he would not tell Claire this, but he was kind of proud of her, sticking up for Ciara, etc Reminded him how Belle did that for Chloe, then they laugh, remembering when Chloe put glue in Mimi's shampoo. Shawn is glad Claire takes after Belle, but Belle is equally glad Claire takes after him. They are having a nice talk, Phil happens by, sees them through the window, walks away.

Kayla picks up Joey, who worries about Jade, whose parents don't know she is there. He wants Kayla to bail Jade, she refuses, but eventually gets some info from the officer, does bail Jade. but has called her parents. Next, she & Joey are at the hospital, she is making him wait in her office, she has to go on rounds. She wants to talk to him about all this. Joey is not happy at all that his mom called Jade's overly strict parents.

Kayla has him wait, she goes on rounds, Fynn asks her out to dinner tonight, just as friends. Not a "date", just dinner, he gets tired of eating alone, opening a tin. She agrees.

Joey has texted Jade he is at hospital.

We saw Chad once, out with the baby, tending to him, but now is hope, Ciara has arrived. She asks where Abby is, Chad is hesitant, but does admit she is in the hospital, under so much stress, won't be there long. Ciara has beat around the bush a bit, but finally asks Chad if she could have more hours, actually work there full time. He realizes she should be in school, she says she is done there, is not going back. Thomas cries, she picks him up Chad tells her NO. . She wants the full time, etc. as she is moving out, wants to get her own place.

Chad asks "don't you have just a couple months left. "? He reconsiders..here is the deal. I will give you a raise, same amount of hours, more money, thus you can save up for your apt. or whatever. But...you have to stay in school, and finish your senior year.

Joey & Jade meet up in the park. She tells him she wishes his mother had not called her parents. Says something about her parents sending her down to Florida, to help on this farm where the man's wife died. So, she will be kept out of trouble. She gives a weak smile, then says she won't be seeing Joey any more. She is starting to cry. He says no, let's go to L.A. We can leave today. He holds her, as she cries on his shoulder.

LOL, caught that, & am guessing that got put in because of all the comments (not just here) the non-reference to Gramma has been getting. Twitter, other message boards, e-mails, etc.

Dustin did a "chat" during the show, & I caught about 15 min. of it just before it came on for me. He evidently sees it earlier than me, for sure. He was watching, and his comments, thoughts were the same about various characters as what so many have expressed here. But that is for another thread in another area.

I was glad Chad did not offer to house Ciara in her bravado statements about moving out of her home (and sure hope he doesn't do so next week)
I got a big kick out of Shawn & Belle's chatter about the past, when they were in H.S. Thought Nicole looked lovely today, and Dario was not as darkly unshaven as he usually is. I just did not recall him knowing that Nicole was involved in a Sting.....

.....but Theo gets indignant, he will see Ciara whenever he wants, storms out.

Ciara ends up storming out.

What happened when Ciara and Theo met up (after they both stormed off from their parents)? I missed what was said except Ciara ran off away from Theo?

I am happy that Philip is smart enough this go-round not to be Belle's doormat again. It was nice seeing her and Shawn being civil too. Glad the writers have changed that up some. I do have an issue with the way the parents just let the teens storm off. It would have been great if Hope would have ran after Ciara and said "where the hell do you think you are going?" Right?!

Last edited by a moderator:
After today's performance by the rude, obnoxious, bratty teen set, their parents may be wondering why they bailed them out. What a contrast with Chad who was dutifully caring for his infant son and wisely talking foolish Teen Ciara out of quitting Salem High. (She should at least put in a few weeks at Salem U. That should be enough time for her to qualify for a top job in one Salem's leading companies.) Over at the Pub, Nicole should look elsewhere for help and advice in her campaign to bring down Deimos. Just how much assistance can Dario, the former petty thief and current grifter, offer her. Finally, how can Dr. Fynn be eating alone? You'd think this ladies man would have a dinner engagement every night of the week. Dr. McScruffy would be very disappointed in Fynn's current inability to charm the ladies.

Last edited:
What a contrast with Chad who was dutifully caring for his infant son and wisely talking foolish Teen Ciara out of quitting Salem High. (She should at least put in a few weeks at Salem U. That should be enough time for her to qualify for a top job in one Salem's leading companies.)
Hey, Samantha Gene Brady didn't finish high school and look how well that turned out for her! :rotfl:

An interesting show and the DiMera living room was back today.

So, all the kids are out on bail. Does this mean they shouldn't leave town?
I think Joey and
Jade are planning a mini vacation.

Interesting to see Chad try to take care of Thomas. I guess the nanny
that was mentioned
had night off and why Thomas didn't sleep. Chad is a good lad telling Ciara she had to
finish high school.

I wonder why no one had guards on Victor and Maggie's doors before now.

So Nicole told Dario she was working a con and now he knows the rest of
it. What is Justin's plan
and will cause problems for Nicole? And the way Victor talked, he didn't care if it did.

Hope talked to Ciara about her friends. Then Claire came in and said Grandma Hope :)

I think Belle needs therapy and not with her mom. She seems to always want the man she's not
with. I laughed when Philip kept saying 'Belle and Shawn'.

Not much of a cliff hanger for Friday.

I don't think Belle ever wanted Philip. He was always a backup whenever she couldn't have Shawn. But she was always pining for Shawn. Side note: I wish Shawn would shave. I was surprised that Philip rejected Belle. I did not expect that. I would have thought Belle would have gotten cold feet eventually. Time for Philip to find someone new.

Best part of the show was Claire saying Grandma Hope! What I would have liked to have seen was Hope overhearing Claire yelling at Shawn and Belle. And then getting involved. It was nice that Shawn talked about his sister too albeit brief. I liked the Shawn/Belle/Claire scenes.

It seems this whole arrest thing is spiraling into some new storylines for the teens and their parents. I like how the parents were all involved but just wish their was more interaction between them since most of them are related. Shawn should have been with both Belle and Hope. And then Kayla. I don't think we've seen the last of Mark either.

Nicole is an idiot for telling Dario. Speaking of Dario, can he go back to California?

Chad and Ciara: Interesting

Kayla: Your actions have consequences, Joey. When I get back from rounds, we're going to have a serious talk about murder and other shenanigans.

Claire didn't seem like Claire today, and the good teens weren't on. Not much of a show. Really felt like a mixed bag.

Another sharp turn in the baffling Shawn/Belle/Philip saga, but I'm glad to see Phil still has his backbone.

Thanks for the episode. Another bleh show. More of the teens---really? I am glad that Chad is making Ciara finish school. She'd be a real dolt to drop out just before graduation. As far as Dario, why is he even on the soap still? The Hernandez clan (Hernandi?) haven't been center stage for a while it feels, and I haven't seen him with Summer lately (not complaining 'bout that!). I can't believe the street-smart Nicole told him everything! I'm curious to see what the new plan to bring down Deimos is.

Also, fun fact: Zak Henri (who plays Henry) is the son of Brenda Strong, who played Ann on Dallas.

Back